Dr. Reza Mehrazin, MD

Urology | Male

Dr. Reza Mehrazin, MD
Dr. Reza Mehrazin, MD is an urology doctor who practices in New York, NY. Dr. Mehrazin is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital, Roosevelt Hospital and Saint Luke's Roosevelt Hospital.

Dr. Mehrazin's Care Philosophy

I understand the emotional burden that diagnosis of cancer can have on the patient and family members. I always would treat my patients as I would treatment my own family and friends. I understand quality of life is superbly important and would personalize treatment for each patient through extensive discussions and effective communication.

Dr. Mehrazin's Experience

See how Dr. Mehrazin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mehrazin

Dr. Mehrazin accepts 29 insurance carriers

Dr. Mehrazin is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Mehrazin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mehrazin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mehrazin to family and friends
    Dr. Mehrazin's Performance
    New York, NY |
    Dr. Mehrazin made me feel comfortable from the moment I met him. I was diagnosed with a renal mass on my right kidney. I was scared out of my mind. By the time Dr. Mehrazin explained my diagnosis and the procedure to follow I was so at ease. I had robotic surgery on July 7,2017 to remove the mass. This can be a very scary time from diagnosis to surgery to biopsy results but Dr. Mehrazin was there to answer any and all questions no matter big or small.
    in Rego Park, NY |
    My family & I would like to extend our sincerest gratitude to Dr. Reza Mehrazin for his outstanding surgery done on my father. He had a rare tumor around his kidney which had to be excised using robotic surgery. After a 4 hour surgery, he informed us that it was a difficult surgery but it was successful. And the recovery period was very short. He was very kind & professional. Prior to surgery, we got a follow up phone call from him as well as after the surgery. Thank you Dr. Mehrazin!
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Reza Mehrazin is by far one of the best doctors. Upon being diagnosed with Kidney Cancer Dr. Reza Mehrazin offered me solutions for treatment that resulted in my opting for Robotic Surgery. The procedure was conducted and within the same day, 12 hours after surgery, I was discharged and able to recover and heal in the comforts of my own home. I highly recommend Dr. Reza Mehrazin if you find yourself in a similar situation or may know someone who has been diagnosed with Kidney cancer.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    Dr. Mehrazin is very professional. He takes pride in his work and will do what is best for the patient. I would highly recommend Dr. Mehrazin for any urological problems. I recently had surgery for upj obstruction. After procedure everything was perfect. Couldnt have asked for a better Dr. His staff is more than professional and all treatment is top notch. Thank you Dr. Mehrazin and your wonderful staff. Robert P.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer in March 2017. Dr. Mehrazin is a very reliable and responsible doctor. He did a robotics surgery on April 14 and next day I was back home. The recovery was faster than I had anticipated. He knew exactly what he was doing and I could recommend him to anybody who needs a surgery. Dr. Mehrazin and his staff were very kind and professional and the best I've seen.
    in New York, NY |
    My husband was told there was a tumor on his right kidney in late 2016. From first time we spoke with Dr. Mehrazin, we knew he is a reliable and responsible doctor because of his kindness, confidence and professionalism. On March 7, 2017 Dr. Mehrazin performed robotic surgery on my husband. Within only 1 1/2 hours he fully removed tumor and other two cysts, also saved 90% of right kidney. My husband was out hospital next day and getting recovered very well. We highly recommend Dr. Mehrazin.
    Mount Vernon, NY |
    Dr. Mehrazin is the absolute BEST! From the moment I met him with my family, I knew I was in good hands. I was sent to Dr. Mehrazin after another specialist told tumor on right kidney was cancer. I seen Dr. Mehrazin 2/15/17 and we discussed the plan and he made my family and I feel so comfortable. I walked into the office crying but I walked out feeling a whole lot better. A partial nephrectomy was performed 2/23/17. Staff was great, stayed in hospital 1 day. Today I am cancer free and 24 y.o!
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Mahrazin exemplifies every quality one could ask for in a physician. Compassion, candor, confidence, humor, kindness, professionalism and respect. Clear explanations of conditions, procedures and expectations. Thorough knowledge of the field and excellent listening skills - appointments never feel rushed. Dr. Mehrazin calls me himself with test results or to answer a question. Should Dr. Mehrazin be on vacation if and when my condition reoccurs, I'll just stay sick until his return.
    Jersey City, NJ |
    I highly recommend Dr. Mehrazin. He is professional, highly experienced and trained and is very thorough in his diagnosis and procedure recommendations.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I had kidney surgery one week ago. The surgery was done by Dr. Mehrazin very well and the tumor was removed. The next day of surgery I was discharged. I felt so well that I walked about 6 blocks to the parking lot without any help and difficulty. Dr. Mehrazin is a very skillful doctor, a real professional , a very caring and attentive surgeon. Very happy to meet him. I am endlessly grateful to him and wish him a big success in his career. I'm sure he will save lives of many people.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    On Nov. 2016 a mass was found on my left kidney, which turned out to be stage 1 cancer. I am so grateful to have found Dr. Mehrazin. From the first time we spoke he gave me confidence that I was in the very best hands. He is very friendly and caring. On Dec 29, 2016 He perform surgery using robotic, I was home by Dec 30, 2016. I am recovering nicely. I thank God for Dr. Mehrazin and the staff at Mt. Sinai, which gave me excellent care. Would I recommend Dr. Mehrazin ? Yes 100% YES
    Brooklyn, NY |
    From the day I found out I had a rare cancer in by kidney I was devastated. I was recommended to Dr. Mehrazin. The man is wonderful. Beyond being an excellent surgeon, he is very caring, compassionate and sympathetic. He saw how nervous I was and call me at home several times to see how I was holding up and if me or my family had an questions about the procedure. Her performed robotic surgery on me and I was out of the hospital in 48 hours. I can't thank him enough.
    in Woodside, NY |
    I happen to have a single kidney (from birth). Learning (Aug 2016) about a cyst on it was obviously very concerning. Luckily I was referred to Dr Mehrazin. I was properly informed of the uncertainty about the exact nature of the cyst. I underwent robotically -assisted partial nephrectomy. Low and behold, there was cancer in there. Very happy that it was caught early and expertly taken care of. Surgery was performed on a Friday. Worked from home on Monday and was back at the office on Tuesday..
    in Bayside, NY |
    One day while urinating I found a small amount of blood in my urine. I immediately went to my urologist who performed a CT urogram. He found a 3.8 CT renal mass and diagnosed me with probable renal cell cancer. He recommended I see Dr. Reza Mehrazin. After meeting Dr. Mehrazin, I was ready for surgery which was performed on November 8th. I had a quick recovery and walked out of Mount Saini Hospital the day after surgery. Dr. Mehrazin removed the caner tumor and within 24 hours I I was home.
    New York, NY |
    I recommend DrM. Referred bymyclinic Callen-Lourde HetookmyAHCinsurance atnearbyUnion Sq.BethIsrael office He is friendlyreceptive&compassionate.He worksoutof MtSinai whichis top-level.He guidedme wellthrough the entire process.We biopsied and foundcancer.Removalwas mybest option Itwas helpfulthat I hadfriends whohadbeenthrough this.Do your research,askquestions! Mt Sinai was excellent,wedidit there.Met everyone beforesurgerybegan thatwas huge! 30 hrs in&outPerfect results! Uptown staff great
    in Somers |
    I was diagnosed with probable renal cell cancer after being treated for lymphoma for a2 years. My oncologist checked with his peers and it was their general consensus that Dr. Mehrazin was not only one of the finest urologists in NY but probably the world. My recent experience with him performing 2 successful kidney surgeries and relevant interactions have only served to reinforce this consensus opinion. He us compassionate skilled and empathetic. Dr. Mehrazin is simply the best.
    in Yonkers, NY |
    Hello, I was referred to Dr. Mehrazin by my original Dr. My procedure was to have my bladder removed and replaced with a Neo-Bladder. My Dr. believed that I would be best served at University Hospital and by a Dr. that specializes in the exact procedure I needed done. I was very surprised as to the care I was given both with the hospital staff that Dr. Mehrazin is associated with as well as the staff that work closely with Dr. Mehrazin. Dr. Mehrazin was very descriptive relating to my treatment
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I found Dr Mehrazin to be very caring. He called me several times at home before and after my surgery. My sugary seems to have gone fine and he probably saved my life. After several other urologist I was happy to find Dr Mehrazin
    in Ridgewood, NY |
    This year I was diagnosed with cancer on kidney , I was nervous up until I so Dr. Mehrazin. Dr. Mehrazin really made feel comfortable with undergoing a robotic procedure to remove the cancer from my kidney . The surgery was very successful and went just as he explained. He saved 95%+ of my kidney which Im thankful for. He is a very skilled doctor and i can say that if anyone will be going thru this robotic procedure they should not be nervous . Do it with confidence.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    I was recently diagnosed with Kidney Cancer at age 45. I wanted the BEST Doctor in NYC, so I was referred to Dr. Mehrazin. I read all his reviews and several publications. After meeting with him he advised that he would perform Robotic surgery using camera and robot. Dr. Mehrazin was able to save 90% of my right kidney and was able to fully remove the cancer. Today is a week and I'm moving around with less pain and healing well. God Bless Dr. Reza Mehrazin, I love this man, he saved my life.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I had surgery in Aug 2016 & had the cancerous kidney tumor removed. I had a thorough check-up last week. My primary physician gave me a thumbs up today, noting the total turn-around changes in my blood and urine test results before and after the surgery. She said I should be grateful for the surgeon who was so skillful and capable. Dr. Mehrazin, THANK YOU again & again for having saved my life. Life is healthy, beautiful, exceedingly precious and worth celebrating again. You are THE BEST!
    in New York, NY |
    I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in my right kidney, I though that my life was over, but Dr Mehrazin performed robotic surgery to remove the tumor and save the 80% of my kidney, I was lucky to put my health on his hands and his team, he is precise and very caring surgeon, I am highly recommend Dr Mehrazin, I am Jehova Witness and I refused blood, and He understood my position with respect and explaind me everything about the surgery, He is great!!!!!
    in East Hampton, NY |
    I was indeed, fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Mehrazin. In an instant you realize he is knowledgeable, precise and a very caring surgeon. He took the time, to explain everything, in a calm way, before and after the surgery. He performed a radical nephrectomy (entire kidney) laparoscopic with robotic assist, certainly a newer approach, and I truly believe he saved my life. Very small incisions, no pain from the surgery and out in a day and a half. I would highly recommend Dr. Mehrazin.
    in Long Beach, NY |
    I was diagnosed with kidney stones in June 2016. A follow up MRI indicated a mass on my left kidney, which was cancerous. Dr. Mehrazin & his team are 100% tops in their profession. I was treated fast with all of the attention and courtesy that I had hoped for. The tumor was successfully removed, with clean margins. I believe that my kidney was saved by the skill of my surgeon and his team.
    in Long Beach, NY |
    My husband is Dr. Mehrazin's patient. I can tell you that he is patient, attentive, available and companionate w/ patients as well as their families. He explained the procedures, what to expect after surgery. Afterwards surgery he called to tell me all was well. Then came to waiting area to advise me of outcome what to expect over next 48 hours. He came to check following day to check on him. Called day after release to check on him. Would highly recommend Dr. Mehrazin.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    This review is for our dad M. Garcia that had stage 3 kidney cancer. Dr. Mehrazin was highly recommended and we were pleased to be given an appt. within the week. The doctor explained the scan and orthoscopic robotic surgery procedure to remove the mass and kidney. The surgery went was a success. We appreciate the way Dr. Mehrazin and his team cared for our dad. We are grateful for the extra time we get to have our dad in our lives!! We would recommend Dr. Mehrazin to everyone.
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    Dr. Mehrazin is an accomplished surgeon! I was lucky enough to get a recommendation from an equally able and affable liver surgeon to see Dr. Mehrazin. I had been very frightened at the prospect of cancer and surgeries. But Dr. Mehrazin and his whole team showed profound compassion all along. He saved my life by removing the cancerous mass in my left kidney. The state-of-the-art surgical procedures left me with tiny incisions, which enabled speedier recovery. I am now cancer-free, thanks to him!
    in New York, NY |
    I was surprised how quickly he saw me. I did not have to wait months for an appt' . Once we met he explained in details what will happen and what to expect. Dr. Mehrazin performed robotic surgery on my left kidney in two weeks after meeting me. I was told i had a 3 ct tumor and he was able to safe 95% of my kidney. While i recovered in the hospital the doctor came by to see me every day and encourage me to be more active to increase my recovery time. I highly recommend Dr. Mehrazin.
    in Shirley, NY |
    My name is Richard T. I had kidney cancer and Dr. Mehrazin performed robotic surgery on my right kidney to remove the tumor He saved 98% of my kidney and was released from the hospital 24hrs later. Dr. M made me feel very comfortable about this procedure and I would highly recommend him!!!!
    in Astoria, NY |
    My name is Charlie. Dr Merazin performed robotic surgery on my left kidney. I had a 5 ct tumor which he removed without having to take my kidney. That gives me a better chance if I have Kidney problems in the future. While the surgery took a long time due to the size of tumor. The recovery was fast. I went home after a day in the hospital with no pain. I was back on my feet within a week.I would greatly recommend the doctor to you and let you know that the surgery is quite safe. Good Luck
    Excellent physician that took the time and effort to fully inform me of my options and eventually reach a decision on the best course of action to treat my condition. Dr Mehrazin performed robotic surgical procedure to remove a mass from my kidney and everything went exactly as we had discussed during our consult meetings. This is the first physician I dealt with that took the time to contact me from home during his off hours to put me at ease. Very reassuring!
    in New York City, NY |
    What started as an innocent follow-up for urination hesitation turned out to be prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 8. Dr Mehrazin took very personal care of all of my needs, from the initial visit of looking into my complaint, to having a radical prostatectomy a few weeks later. On the mend now and all thanks to the good Dr. I highly recommend Dr. Reza Mehrazin and The Mt. Sinai Medical Center and Hospital in Manhattan
    in New York, NY |
    I would definitely recommend Dr. Mehrazin. He explained things to me thoroughly before and after the surgery and even left his home on a Sunday evening to meet me at the emergency room when my kidney stent became clogged.Followed up with numerous phone calls to check on me.
    in Bayport, NY |
    Dr. Mehrazin is my sisters', Emily Caquias, doctor and surgeon. he removed her bladder. He instilled confidence in both me and my sister with his professionalism, and most important at a difficult time, assurance that all would be well. He always made us feel at ease during this difficult time. The experience made me feel like I gained a good, and loyal friend that I've known for a long time. In short, he was wonderful, and I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you Dr. Mehrazin. Emilio
    Have you seen Dr. Reza Mehrazin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Mehrazin?

Dr. Mehrazin's Care Philosophy

I understand the emotional burden that diagnosis of cancer can have on the patient and family members.  I always would treat my patients as I would treatment my own family and friends.  I understand quality of life is superbly important and would personalize treatment for each patient through extensive discussions and effective communication.

Dr. Mehrazin says...

Dr. Mehrazin's clinical expertise is in open, laparoscopic, and robotic surgical techniques for the treatment of various urologic cancers, which allows him to tailor a specific treatment plan based on individual patient need and preferences. He is one of the few urologists in the region who has extensive training and certified in performing minimally invasive organ preserving and reconstructive techniques to preserve function and quality of life for patients with kidney cancer and bladder cancer. He performs both robotic (using da Vinci® technology) and open cystectomies with continent urinary diversion (new bladder), nephron-sparing (kidney preserving) partial nephrectomy, nerve-sparing prostatectomy, partial or total adrenalectomy, retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancer, and endoscopic nephron-sparing management of patients with upper tract urothelial carcinomas.

Dr. Mehrazin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Adrenal Tumor
    • Anemia
    • Bladder Cancer
    • Bleeding Disorders
    • Blood Disorders
    • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
    • Chronic Kidney Diseases
    • Colorectal Cancer
    • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
    • Hydronephrosis
    • Hypercoagulable State
    • Kidney Cancer
    • Kidney Disease
    • Kidney Stones
    • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
    • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
    • Prostate Cancer
    • Secondary Malignancies
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Stomach Diseases
    • Testicular Cancer
    • Ureteral Stones
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Stones
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

Fox Chase Cancer Center

Dr. Mehrazin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mehrazin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology