Dr. Rex Marco, MD

Dr. Rex Marco, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMaleAge 57

Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Rex Marco, MD is an Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from D GEFFEN SCH OF MED-UCLA in 1992. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Houston Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

Houston Methodist Orthopedics & Sports Medicine

Outpatient Center6445 Main St Ste 2500 Houston, TX 77030
New Patient?

• Explains Conditions WellPatients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top HospitalAmerica's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital SatisfactionPatients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

More Spine Surgeons at Houston Methodist

Dr. Marco's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marco

4.1

Dr Rex Marco was the doctor that I was referred to by my dr in Lufkin, Texas. After spending years in pain, Dr Marco was the most polite, compassionate doctor I have ever seen. He performed surgery and now I feel alive again!! Before consulting Dr Marco and moving forward with my surgery, I had literally stopped going anywhere due to pain. As the months had rocked I had slipped into a dark depression. After seeing him just one time and listening to his wealth of knowledge and genuine caring for his patients, I scheduled my surgery. Almost immediately I began to realize the pain was not there. I began to leave my home and live again!! Love Dr Rex Marco!!
Julie Brown – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rex Marco, MD?
I can't believe he is considered one of the "Best." After driving nearly 3 hours for an office visit, only for him to do x-rays and then ask me if I had seen them?? Hello, your staff just took the x-rays. According to him, my scoliosis is not bad. Hello, the curve keeps me up at night as I can't find a comfortable position for sleeping. Then, he begins to tell me to download an app called "Back Doctor" and do exercises, meditate, start the Whole 30 plan and learn to not be anger about the pain I am having. He went on to explain that he had back pain and he is no longer angry with the pain. So after he went through all of that and how I needed to learn to produce my own "inner pain" medicine, etc. I looked at him and said, "so, I need to learn to live with this pain." He basically said, 'Yes." I WILL NOT BE BACK to see this so called "SPECIALIST."
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rex Marco, MD?
I have had over 5 years of severe pain in my lower back and now with sciatic pain in my left leg. I've seen countless doctors to find relief. I visited Dr. Marco yesterday and believe I have finally found the doctor who can help me. He was extremely compassionate, very straight forward, listened fully, and so kind. I'm so grateful I have had the opportunity to meet him. I really feel like I have a brighter future. Please don't hesitate making an appointment with him. You'll be glad you did
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rex Marco, MD?
I had a complex back fusion and then a 4 level cervical fusion with Dr. Marco. He is a blessing to his patients. These spine surgeries are long, delicate, and complicated. I can't believe how great I feel since having my surgeries done. I pray God keeps watch over Dr Marco so he can continue to help others. He is an excellent surgeon and a caring person.
Karen Long – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rex Marco, MD?
Dr Marco did a total spine repair on me 10 years ago this month. I was in a wheelchair and the surgery put me back on my feet. It enabled me to take care of my husband, who had Parkinson's, until he passed away. Doctors are amazed when they see my X-rays. I will be eternally grateful to Dr Marco for getting me out of the wheelchair.
Houston, TX – Feb 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rex Marco, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marco?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Marco treats your condition or procedure

• Cancer Screening
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chordoma
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Leukocytosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lymphoma
  • Mediastinal Tumors
  • Myeloma
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sacrum Disorders
  • Thalassemia
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Thymomas
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Torticollis
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Marco accepts

Dr. Marco accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Molina Healthcare
Principal Life
Thrivent Financial
Tricare

Dr. Marco's mission is to provide his patients with compassionate and comprehensive care with the best possible outcomes.

Dr. Marco...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Oncology

1992
D GEFFEN SCH OF MED-UCLA

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Rex Marco, MD?

Click here to schedule an appointment online. New patients may call (713) 903-2840 to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Rex Marco, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Rex Marco, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Rex Marco, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Marco's profile.

What conditions does Dr. Rex Marco, MD treat?

Dr. Marco frequently treats the following conditions: Scoliosis, Spine Deformities, and Spinal Stenosis. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Rex Marco, MD's office address?

Dr. Marco's office is located at 6445 Main St Ste 2500, Houston, TX 77030. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Rex Marco, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Rex Marco, MD is affiliated with Houston Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center.

How much experience does Dr. Rex Marco, MD have?

Dr. Marco has over 30 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Rex Marco, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 4.1/5 for Dr. Rex Marco, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

Dr. Marco is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Houston Methodist Hospital

Houston, TX

82% Patients that would definitely recommend, 12% higher than the national average

49 Awards Received

Award Highlight: State Ranking Award - Pulmonary Care™ (2023)

Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center

Houston, TX

77% Patients that would definitely recommend, 7% higher than the national average

22 Awards Received

Award Highlight: State Ranking Award - Coronary Intervention™ (2023)

Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital

70% Patients that would definitely recommend, Equal to the national average

13 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2020)

Texas Children's Hospital