Dr. Rex A. Birkmire, MD

Dr. Rex A. Birkmire, MD

Forensic Psychiatry | Male | 59 years old

81 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Birkmire specializes in Forensic Psychiatry and practices in Oviedo, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Birkmire? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Birkmire's Experience

See how Dr. Birkmire's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Birkmire

Dr. Birkmire accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Birkmire's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Birkmire to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Birkmire's Performance
in Orlando |
Dr. Birkmire should have his own office. Maybe his own talk show. I've seen Doctor B for about a year, others I hear 5 years. You may be waiting for a while to be seen, but please do not take it personally. He does it for reasons. Indoviduals need care. And Doctor Birkmire provides it at 110%. I've been suffering from MDD for 12 years. Among the road I developed 2 more mental disorders. He's helped guide me through the path I need to go down with full on support. He is an AMAZING doctor.
in Eustis, FL |
One star isn't low enough. His diagnosis of me was wrong for years and I didn't find out till I spiraled out of control and had to see another psychiatrist. He prescribed me meds that didn't work, he constantly leaves the office and you show up for an appointment and he is gone, they don't even call you to let you know. His staff is incompetent and if you say one word that they disagree with, he'll dismiss you as a patient. Just save the time and go see someone else. He's nice though.
Winter Springs, FL |
Nurse Practitioner is wonderful. Never seen Birkmire. Might not even exist. Office staff is rude and incompetent. Impossible to reach by phone. They should fire the entire office staff.
in Oviedo, FL |
After waiting 2 hrs after my appointment time I was finally seen by him. He asked questions like when do I go to sleep. But did not ask when I wake up. Yet he was able to come to some conclusion that I have a sleeping problem. Instead of ordering a sleep study he prescribed klonopin to help me sleep. Unless you are wanting drugs I would stay away from him and his practice. I have seen better furniture on the side of the road. One picture was being held together by scotch tape.
in Ocala, FL |
My son went to the dr. I was at his first appointment and Dr was exactly what we were looking for. We mentioned how long it took us to get in for an appt. Dr said he works on Sat to get caught up when his appt booking went past 30 days. So I booked my new patient appointment. 6 weeks later I appear and guess what. The dr was out of the office and there was no record of my appt. Now a new appt is made. Hope this goes better.
in Oviedo, FL |
rude, inconsiderate, outright uncivil and disrespectful to his patients. will never be returning.
in Apopka, FL |
Like Birkmire, horrid office. Im having to fire him due to an ill and inadequate staff and office structure. Staff doesn't even understand phone system- can't advise you. If you leave a note, there's no telling it will get to who it needs to or on time. I've had numerous frustrating conversations w/the head staff manager (Crystal) who lied repeatedly, multiple occasions, about situations concerning my controlled meds resulting in two occasions of withdrawal. Disorganized involving meds, no ok.
Not recommended
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. B is great. Carol the P.A. couldn't relay a situation to him properly and I was discharged after 8 years of being a patient and not one problem the entire time. She is a dunce at best and has many complaints in the practice among the employees as well as long time and short term clients. I asked several times not to be booked with her and the last time was the last. If u get an appointment here please take Tasha (front desk) an ice cold mountain dew and a smile. I miss Dr. B. THANKS C.
Have you seen Dr. Rex A. Birkmire, MD?
Are you Dr. Birkmire?

Compare Dr. Birkmire

Dr. Birkmire's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Forensic Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
    • Bipolar Disorder
    • Major Depressive Disorder
    • Phobia
    • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
    • Psychiatric Diseases

Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Birkmire does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Birkmire and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Forensic Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
    • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)