Dr. Rex Birkmire, MD

Dr. Rex Birkmire, MD

Forensic Psychiatry | Male

Ashlawn Consulting 650 S Central Ave Ste 1000 Oviedo, FL 32765 Get Directions

Dr. Rex Birkmire, MD is a forensic psychiatry doctor who practices in Oviedo, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

Dr. Birkmire's Experience

See how Dr. Birkmire's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Birkmire

Dr. Birkmire accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Birkmire's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Birkmire to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Birkmire's Performance
Oviedo, FL |
I love him! The first prescription he gave me completely changed my life. It got rid of all my symptoms. He's an all-around amazing doctor. He listens to what you have to say and actually makes an effort to get to know you. He remembered things about me that I said two months ago! Though the wait time is tremendously long (bring something to do) it's only because he's taking so much time to really analyze each individual patient. Would highly recommend!
Apopka, FL |
Cancels appointments and doesn't even care. Avoid wasting your entire DAY literally at this office. The doctors just want to take your money and feed you drugs.
in Orlando, FL |
He is the best psychiatrist I've ever had. You might have to wait a bit but it's totally worth it. He gives you his full attention and his time while you're in with him, instead of most Dr's that want you in and out. He's changed my life. Thank you Dr. B! Marci
Oviedo, FL |
My son had an appointment at 12 noon and when he hadn't been called by 4 I asked the doctor why and was told to leave premises.
in Ocoee. Fl |
My daughter see's Dr. Birkmire an he's a wonderful doctor he makes my daughter feel at ease when she sees him an he takes the time with the patients like a dr should. Especially a psychiatrist and he's very knowledgeable on everything about psychiatry. I've taken her to other doctors but he's the best in psychiatry. You may wait awhile to see him when you have an appointment but he's well worth the wait knowing that he's going to answer your questions in a way you can understand it.
in Eustis, FL |
One star isn't low enough. His diagnosis of me was wrong for years and I didn't find out till I spiraled out of control and had to see another psychiatrist. He prescribed me meds that didn't work, he constantly leaves the office and you show up for an appointment and he is gone, they don't even call you to let you know. His staff is incompetent and if you say one word that they disagree with, he'll dismiss you as a patient. Just save the time and go see someone else. He's nice though.
Winter Springs, FL |
Nurse Practitioner is wonderful. Never seen Birkmire. Might not even exist. Office staff is rude and incompetent. Impossible to reach by phone. They should fire the entire office staff.
in Oviedo, FL |
After waiting 2 hrs after my appointment time I was finally seen by him. He asked questions like when do I go to sleep. But did not ask when I wake up. Yet he was able to come to some conclusion that I have a sleeping problem. Instead of ordering a sleep study he prescribed klonopin to help me sleep. Unless you are wanting drugs I would stay away from him and his practice. I have seen better furniture on the side of the road. One picture was being held together by scotch tape.
in Ocala, FL |
My son went to the dr. I was at his first appointment and Dr was exactly what we were looking for. We mentioned how long it took us to get in for an appt. Dr said he works on Sat to get caught up when his appt booking went past 30 days. So I booked my new patient appointment. 6 weeks later I appear and guess what. The dr was out of the office and there was no record of my appt. Now a new appt is made. Hope this goes better.
in Oviedo, FL |
rude, inconsiderate, outright uncivil and disrespectful to his patients. will never be returning.
in Apopka, FL |
Like Birkmire, horrid office. Im having to fire him due to an ill and inadequate staff and office structure. Staff doesn't even understand phone system- can't advise you. If you leave a note, there's no telling it will get to who it needs to or on time. I've had numerous frustrating conversations w/the head staff manager (Crystal) who lied repeatedly, multiple occasions, about situations concerning my controlled meds resulting in two occasions of withdrawal. Disorganized involving meds, no ok.
Not recommended
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. B is great. Carol the P.A. couldn't relay a situation to him properly and I was discharged after 8 years of being a patient and not one problem the entire time. She is a dunce at best and has many complaints in the practice among the employees as well as long time and short term clients. I asked several times not to be booked with her and the last time was the last. If u get an appointment here please take Tasha (front desk) an ice cold mountain dew and a smile. I miss Dr. B. THANKS C.
Have you seen Dr. Rex Birkmire, MD?
Are you Dr. Birkmire?

Compare Dr. Birkmire

Dr. Birkmire's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Forensic Psychiatry
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• ADHD and-or ADD
    • Adjustment Disorder
    • Bipolar Disorder
    • Major Depressive Disorder
    • Phobia
    • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
    • Psychiatric Diseases

Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Birkmire does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Birkmire and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Forensic Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
    • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)