Dr. Reuben Gobezie, MD

Dr. Reuben Gobezie, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 44 years old

The compassionate and competent care of patients is at the core of all we do at the Cleveland Shoulder Institute. Dr. Gobezie's concierge style of care enables patients to feel assured they are receiving the best possible care from one of America's top orthopedic surgeons. He consistently receives high ratings from patients and is a six-time Patient's Choice award winner, an honor bestowed on less than 1% of physicians nationally, and the result of online patient ratings of their medical care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Gobezie's Experience

See how Dr. Gobezie's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gobezie

Dr. Gobezie accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gobezie has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Gobezie
Dr. Gobezie's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (74)
Dr. Gobezie Says:

Our practice consistently receives high ratings from patients and I have been honored to be a six-time Patient's Choice award winner, given to less than 1% of physicians nationally, and the result of online patient ratings of their medical care.  We appreciate your time in completing patient surveys. We are committed to providing you the best care.

in Powell, OH |
I went to see Dr. Gobezie to get a 2nd opinion and boy am I glad I did. Unlike a local surgeon who wanted to jump into extensive surgery, Dr. G. took a conservative approach. He felt we should try cortisone shots first. He understands the significance of surgery/recovery and didn’t jump to that conclusion. I ended up not needing surgery. He is already recognized as a world class surgeon but his thoughtful decision not to rush to operate is what makes him a world class doctor.
in Leetonia |
Dr Gobezie is such a nice doctor he explains things and takes the time to answer all your questions.He makes you feel better after you talk to him about your medical problem.His office staff is so nice and friendly they make you feel right at home
in Kirtland, Oh. 44094 |
I didn't know why my arm didn't work, but my condition was diagnosed and I needed total reverse-shoulder replacement. Dr. Gobezie and his associates have given me back my vacation as a carpenter. In can do almost everything I could before, without the pain I endured before. A modern medical miracle. Thanks Doc.
in Huntsburg, OH |
My visit to Dr. Gobezie has to be the worst I've ever had! It was as though he had his mind made up before walking into the room, as to what was wrong, how he was going to treat it, and nothing was going to change his mind. He did not answer my questions, talked over me, told me he was going to prescribe three medications- but not what they were or he would have known that 2 of the 3 I cannot take- then waltzed out the door like he had saved the world. He is arrogant, inconsiderate, and rude.
I'm sorry to hear you were unhappy with your visit. I did review your x-rays and was very familiar with your case and condition. We suggested a safe option for you, but perhaps you were in search of different pain medication. The medications prescribed are far safer than narcotic anti-inflammatory drugs and have low chance of anaphylaxis . Nationally, there has been a large push to reduce the prescription of narcotics for pain and we follow this protocol. Call us with questions. Thank you.
in Kent,Oh |
Top notch Dr.
Willoughby, OH |
He misdiagnosed my injury as a torn bicep when it was a torn rotator cuff. He didn't even do an x-ray or MRI which would have showed him that he was wrong.
in Cortland, OH |
Dr. Gobezie repaired a torn rotator cuff for my husband several years ago. After going through rehab, his range of motion was almost 100%. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Gobezie to anyone in need of shoulder surgery, and in fact, I have!
Cleveland, OH |
There is no better shoulder doctor in Cleveland, and probably the country, than Dr. Gobezie.His empathy and concern amply the value of his medical skills (which are considerable). He put my shoulder back together after I tore it up, then fixed it again when I mangled it without another surgery. A genuine, excellent physician.
in Cleveland, OH |
Waited 2 hours before being seen. Was seen for about 5 minutes by the doctor. Expensive, worthless visit. The doctor gave me no help for my injury and I had to schedule an appointment with another doctor. On top of that, the front desk didn't get my home address to bill me for the visit so I go a call from a collection agency a few months later. I asked to give it to them and they said don't worry! I was confused by that, but figured they knew what they were doing and it'd go through insurance.
in Highland Heights, OH |
Very friendl, approachable. Makes you feel at ease
New York, NY |
I would never recommend him to anyone. After his initial surgery I experienced severe pain for months and he disregarded me and would not follow up on the cause of the pain. I had to go to another shoulder surgeon to relieve the pain and restore my shoulder.
in Cleveland, OH |
Absolutely wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The shot took my pain right away !! Such a nice person, too !!!
in Strongsville,OH |
Never looked at our son's MRI for his shoulder but felt he could state that our boy had only a bicep dislocation vs a shoulder dislocation. A second opinion where the doctor looked at the MRI found a major labrum tear and bone damage.
in Northfield, OH |
In the 3 times that I have seen Dr. Gobezie he is always ontime and never makes you feel that he is rushing. Super nice guy all around.
Have you seen Dr. Reuben Gobezie, MD?

Compare Dr. Gobezie

Dr. Gobezie says...

Orthopedic Surgeon, Reuben Gobezie, MD, is a nationally recognized leader in the care of shoulder and sports injuries. He treats patients with all types of shoulder and elbow disorders resulting from traumatic injuries, arthritis, instabilities, rotator cuff and sports-related injuries. He specializes in advanced arthroscopic and open surgical techniques to restore damaged joints, ligaments and bones and manages all types of shoulder disorders.

A graduate of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Gobezie was named one of the top 25 shoulder specialists in the US as ranked by leaders in the field. He was also voted one of America's top doctors by his patients. He is a six-time Patient's Choice Award winner, an honor bestowed on less than one percent of physicians nationally, and the result of patient ratings of their medical care.

In 2010, Dr. Gobezie was elected to American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, the most prestigious specialty society in the United States for shoulder and elbow surgeons. Dr. Gobezie's research has been recognized with numerous national awards including the prestigious Neer Award from American Shoulder & Elbow Surgeons; the Zimmer/Orthopaedic Research and Educational Foundation Award; the Pfizer Innovative Scientific Centers for Orthopaedic and Pain Management Excellence Research Award; the Arthroscopy Association of North America's Research Grant and the Massachusetts General Hospital Physician Scientist Award.

Dr. Gobezie's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gobezie says...

We are committed to excellence in orthopedic care at the Cleveland Shoulder Institute. Our experience enables us to offer patients techniques and treatment paradigms that are at the forefront of shoulder and elbow surgery. My practice specializes in minimally invasive and innovative approaches to the treatment of arthritis, rotator cuff tears, instability and other more rare shoulder disorders.

Our practice serves patients of all ages from seniors with chronic arthritis to young athletes with sports injuries. I have worked with athletes throughout Ohio and formerly served as an NFL consulting physician for the Cleveland Browns, and team physician for the Cleveland Gladiators and Gilmour Academy.

Dr. Gobezie says...

My extensive training has enabled me to make pioneering contributions to the areas of shoulder replacement surgery, cartilage transplantation and biceps surgery. I am currently engaged in significant clinical research and use the most current arthroscopic and open surgical techniques to manage all types of shoulder and elbow disorders.

In December 2010, I performed the first arthroscopic biologic total shoulder resurfacing in the world at Case Medical Center. It was the first shoulder cartilage transplant procedure to be performed arthroscopically and the first to include the glenoid in the procedure. I have since performed the procedure hundreds of times and lecture on advanced shoulder techniques around the world.

Dr. Gobezie says...

Dr. Gobezie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Gobezie has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gobezie's Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Harvard Shoulder Fellowship

Completed in 2006

Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Gobezie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gobezie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.