Dr. Renee Snyder, MD

DermatologyFemaleAge 48

Dermatology

Dr. Renee Snyder, MD is a Dermatologist in Austin, TX and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Snyder has extensive experience in Mohs Surgery. She graduated from Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston in 2001. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Renee Snyder, MD

Breast and Body Center of Austin

1510 W 34th St Ste 100 Austin, TX 78703
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Snyder

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Snyder treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Snyder treats other conditions, please contact the office at (305) 284-7500.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Treatments

Dr. Snyder's conditions and procedures:

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Eczema
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Snyder accepts

Dr. Snyder accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Guardian
Health Net
Medicare Advantage PFFS
Preferred PPO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medico
MVP Health Care
Principal Financial Group
Principal Life

Dr. Snyder's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Snyder

2.5

bad experience
Dr Snyder was distracted, impolite, and confusing during her 5 minutes with me. She performed 2 very brief "treatments", neither of which produced any results. Then the bill came, with a long list of charges, many not covered by my (normally generous) healthcare insurance. I feel scammed. My subsequent visit to a (real) dermatologist confirmed my suspicions that I had not received the necessary care.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
0 stars, horrible customer service experience. Ten minutes late because of rain and traffic and they rudely threatened to cancel my appointment then performed my procedure WITHOUT numbing cream. This is a $350 procedure and I was out of there in 30 minutes. Then rushed me out. Not the first time they are rude regarding appointments. Read other reviews like mine and DONT COME HERE!!!! ( no wonder they have 4 google accounts!!!)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Veronica Gonzalez Matos – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
A good friend recommended Dr. Renee Snyder to me. My experience with both Dr. Snyder and her staff were all positive. She discovered a basal cell carcinoma which was removed by her associate, Dr. Nikki Dietert, only a few days after the pathology results. Both doctors were attentive, friendly, effective and responsive to my questions.
May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
What a colossal waste of time Snyder Dermatology was. I scheduled an appointment over the phone about a week prior to my visit. While scheduling I provided all the asked for information (insurance, etc). A few days before I received another call to confirm my appointment which I did. After taking some time off work to attend the appointment when I show up the front desk informs me they never ran my insurance and could not get someone on the phone prior to my appointment time. My option was only to cash pay. Again, I have insurance they just did not enter it while I made the appointment and couldn't process is quickly enough before my appointment. I was told if I wanted to keep that slot I would need to self pay. My only other option was to reschedule and take more time off work. I chose to NOT reschedule and instead will find another dermatologist for my needs.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
Dr. Snyder is great, I really trust her opinion. Her staff is the absolute worst staff I have ever dealt with. I am a cash pay patient and they overcharged me because they charged me for cash and like I had insurance. I understand that mistakes happen but I now have a credit instead of getting my money back. I also didn't even get to speak to the billing person. I had to spell out my medication and they didn't even apologize. Worst customer service I have ever experienced.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
The doctors are great, unfortunately I can't say the same for the office staff nor their policies. They refused to call in a pre authorization for an RX to my insurance because of my age! I was bounced around to 4 different people after being on hold for 15 minutes for none of them to know what I needed nor who I was holding for. They tried to tell me that with my insurance retinA was going to be $1000. Funny because I only pay $35 for 200 units of Botox for migraines. RetinA is $200 w/o ins
Amanda Pressley in Austin, TX – Jul 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
Great Doctor worst billing staff. DO NOT PAY UP FRONT!!!!!!!! 100% over charge .. 8 weeks to get your money back!!!!!!!!! if you call about billing expect a 25 min wait and just to be brushed off.
Ed in Austin , TX – Jul 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?
Unfortunately I did not get to see Dr. Snyder. I Got a referral and called and made an appointment to see her. The appointment was three weeks away. When I got a message to confirm the appointment it was with a different doctor. When I called to question the error they said sorry and that I could reschedule with Dr. Snyder 3 1/2 months later!!! There was no alternative given. Needless to say I am not going to see Dr. Snyder and am going to have to wait for another appointment.
Austin – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Renee Snyder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Snyder?