Dr. Rene Sotelo, MD

Dr. Rene Sotelo, MD

Urology  |
Dr. Rene Sotelo, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Read his story

1441 EASTLAKE AVE Ste 7416

Los Angeles, CA 90089

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Sotelo

See how frequently Dr. Sotelo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
high
Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Prostate Removal

Dr. Sotelo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Sotelo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sotelo "Rene Sotelo MD is one of the most expert & experienced laparoscopic/robotic surgeons internationally. Hailing from Latin America, he is a pioneer in robotic surgery for complex urinary fistulae in females and males, benign prostate enlargement & inguinal lymph node dissection for cancer. He has helped develop the novel concepts of single-port "belly-button" and natural orifice surgery. Professor Sotelo's experience with advanced robotic & laparoscopic surgery exceeds 2,300 personal cases, making him amongst the most experienced in the world. Reasons why the California Medical Board, consider the request of USC and gave Prof Sotelo, Special Faculty Permit to practice medicine at Univ of Southern California School of Medicine."

This content was provided by Dr. Sotelo "Mi filosofia es el prestarle la mejor atencion posible, en forma oportuna y con el mas alto nivel académico,  en donde los principios éticos son mi mayor compromiso con Usted, no es solo una cuestion de lenguaje, es entender en profundidad nuestras culturas , y como  atenderlo. Permitame ser parte de su historia.

My filosofy is to offer the best posible care,  in and effective way with the most high level of ethics and academic medicine,  is not only language , is that I understand our diferente culture and how to take care of you,  let me be part of your history."

• Urology
  • General Surgery
  • Oncology

Dr. Sotelo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adrenal Cortex Neoplasms
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bladder Tumor
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Lung Cancer
  • Metastatic Prostate Cancer
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Fistula Repair
  • Penile Surgery
  • Prostate Biopsy
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)
  • Prostate Removal
  • Ureteral Reimplantation
  • Ureteral Stent Placement
  • Urethral Dilation
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Universidad Central de Venezuela
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Universidad Central de Venezuela
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Hospital Dr Domingo Luciani.
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Hospital Oncologico Padre Machado, Fellowship In Urology Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Nacional Cancer Center, Tokio Japon
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Sotelo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sotelo has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Sotelo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sotelo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sotelo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sotelo to family and friends
Dr. Sotelo Says:

Gracias por su opinion, es muy importante para mi, es motivo de inspiracion para seguir adelante. Gracias por permitirme ser parte de su historia, Usted es parte de la mía.

Dr. Sotelo's Performance
in Studio City, CA |
This is a physician with a great deal of expertise in addition to humility and caring. He defines the true calling of the profession: saving lives, truly caring for his patients above and beyond. I took care of my father through an invasive bladder cancer treatment. Dr. Sotelo was superb in many ways. He deserves accolades. He preformed a very complex robotic radical cystectomy on my father at Keck Medical Center. After few ups and downs my father is out of the blue embracing life. I would highl
in Redondo Beach CA |
An excellent surgeon, Dr. Sotelo has the additional human quality of deeply caring about his patients, with a specific sense of responsibility. After a morning consultation which resulted in worrying conclusions, I witnessed Dr. Sotelo's sense of responsibility first hand: together with his assistant he worked the phones and his knowledge of the hospital operations to fast track several additional tests needed for a conclusion. Fortunately, the final diagnostic indicated a condition which could
in Sierra Madre, CA |
Dr. Sotelo is not just a great surgeon, he is an artist. The two surgeries he did for me were so well planned and successful but also they healed so well that they are barley visible and are getting even better as time goes by. He is great to talk with and also speaks English and Spanish too. He is a very superior Dr. His surgery plans were so far superior to the other advise I had received.
in Florida |
I would recommend dr Sotelo because he's very profesional and with experience in his area but also a very kind person. Personally I'm very grateful for his job
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Rene Sotelo is an amazing surgeon and a wonderful human being. I felt I was in the best hands, he treated me as a friend, answering all my calls immediately. Every person I met in the Hospital spoke highly about him, I got the feeling that he is a very appreciated and respected surgeon among colleages and hospital staff. I felt as a VIP patient, treated by one of the best and most experienced robotic surgeons worldwide who gave me a sincere, caring and warm treatment. Thank you Dr. Rene.
in Woodland Hills, CA |
Dr Sotelo and his amazing staff have given my father a new lease on life. He performed a procedure that several other surgeons had just dismissed as too complicated. The care that both he and his dedicated staff have shown is greatly appreciated and unparalleled as far as we have experienced.
in Visalia, CA |
My husband Mike had a prostatectomy 4 years ago. He developed a fistula that necessitated a double barrel ostomy. After having to wear a catheter for 3 months, 2 procedures a major surgery that left him with two fistulas we found Dr. Sotelo. We were very discouraged at this point and thought that this would be my husbands physical condition for the rest of his life. Dr, Sotelo's confidence, expertise, and patience in explaining what he could accomplish was what helped us to try again.Success!
in Maracaibo, V |
Great doctor , my partial nefrectomy went very well DR Sotelo he gives you personal attention and his expertise in robotic sugery makes the diferences for a better outcome. I recomend DR Sotelo for urology and surgery any day. Nothing but great recomendations.
in Miami, Fl |
I would recommend Dr Sotelo for his professional excellence as well as how good he applies the science and technology in the surgical processes.
in Claremont, CA |
Dr Sotelo surgical work was truly outstanding. He not only did roboticic work to remove my prostate, but also found and repaired two hernias, saving me another surgical intervention. Both his pre-op and post-op care was sensitive, open, and thorough. Once out of recovery, I never needed narcotic pain relief, and stopped all pain meds in 3 days. Terrific surgeon.
in North Hollywood, CA |
Outstanding sergon Great confident builder. Very easy to talk to could not ask for better results .
in Miramar, FL |
A young 38 years old man who had surgery. I had surgery on my left kidney as a consequence of a malignant tumor, this surgery changed from an organ extraction to an oncological surgery. Since it was not only a kidney but the Bazo and some parts of my pancreas. I am extremely thankful to God and to the wonderful, miracle worker's hands of Dr. Rene Sotero because today I live a plenty, happy and healthy life with my wife and children.
in Miami, Fla |
Doctor Ren? Sotelo, is not only an outstanding medical doctor, but an outstanding human being. He treated me from an urologic condition and knew exactly how tu give me confidence about the process and to take the decision about the surgery. The team he leaders is academic, as well as polite. I feel all the time safe and in home. Always thankfull.
in Valencia, Venezuela |
• Dear Dr. Rene Sotelo: I want to formally thank the wonderful care provided before and after prostate surgery (prostatectomy Simple) to which I was subjected for you. In Kenneth Norris Jr. Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital of the University of Southern California.
in Santa Barbara, CA |
Visited Dr. Sotelo for a 2nd opinion for prostate cancer before a prostectomy that was originally scheduled in Santa Barbara. Dr. Sotelo confirmed the necessity of the surgery, and more importantly, thoroughly explained the why of the situation. He went on to discuss operative nerve preservation in spite of the prostate removal, and post-operative options that had not even been mentioned previously. Switched care to Dr. Sotelo and now 1+ week post surgery the experience has been Excellent!!
in Doral, FL |
In 2014, Dr. Sotelo removed my uterus with a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy, due to a stage III cancerous tumor. His skills, professionalism and ethics, let me give him a five stars review and recommend him to anyone I know.
in Doral, FL |
Dr. Sotelo removed a cancerous tumor located on my prostate, with his innovative laparoscopic surgery technique, fourteen years ago. Since that day, I'm thankful to him for saving my life. He has follow my recovery and he has always being attentive to my health.
in Canyon Country, CA |
He is the best doctor that you can find in his speciality,It has a lot knowledge of my condition and he explain to me very well what is my best options for me.
in Davenport, Fl |
I was diagnosis with Prostate Cancer , I decided to seek for the best Dr to treat me I went to internet and I found Dr. Rene Sotelo and after a review of his career as an Urologist decided to make and appointment with him. Since my first conversation with him my worries fade away, he gave me his advice about my case, gave me recommendations and today after almost 6 months of the surgery which was excellent I am fully cure. I do recommend Dr. Sotelo as number one in his area of expertise.
in Canyon Country, California |
He is very good and very knowledgeable, he knows what he does,he is the best for my case.
Have you seen Dr. Rene Sotelo, MD?
Are you Dr. Sotelo?