Neurology  |
Dr. Rene Gomez, MD
Dr. Gómez received his bachelor degree from Don Bosco College, Nicaragua, graduating magna cum laude. He received his medical degree from the Major National University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru. Dr. Gómez continued his training at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia and served his residency in neurology at the University of Kentucky, Albert B. Chandler Medical Center, where he served as a chief resident. Dr. Gómez is Board Certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). He is the founder of Lawrenceville Neurology Center. Dr. Gómez is very active in the field of neurology and has had many academic and professional appointments. He has served as a clinical assistant professor of neurology at Hahnemann University and was a clinical assistant professor of medicine at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He continues to practice general neurology with a strong emphasis in multiple sclerosis, headaches, seizures/epilepsy, stroke and memory disorders.The Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers recently recognized Dr. Gómez as a Multiple Sclerosis Certified Specialist. Dr. Gómez is committed to providing the latest advances in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. Dr. Gómez also holds a certificate in Added Qualification in Headache Medicine. Dr. Gómez is a member of many national and regional medical societies, including the New Jersey Academy of Medicine, the Neurological Association of New Jersey, National Headache Foundation and the American Academy of Clinical Neurophysiology. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology.

3131 Princeton Pike Bldg 202

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Gomez

Specialists in the treatment of disorders of the nervous system, the physicians at Lawrenceville Neurology Center address diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles. In practice since 1981, you can rely on us for the diagnosis and treatment of multiple neurologic disorders including, but not limited to: Headaches, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy (seizures), strokes and cerebrovascular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, myopathies, myasthenia and other neuromuscular diseases. Combining extensive experience, compassion and the latest technology, we continually strive to provide the best and most comprehensive neurologic care available.

Dr. Gomez's Experience

Dr. Gomez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Doppler Test
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Somatosensory Evoked Potential (SSEP)
  • Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Universidad Nacional Mayor De San Marcos, Facultad De Medicina
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • University Of Kentucky Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Gomez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gomez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gomez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gomez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gomez to family and friends
Dr. Gomez's Performance
Hainesport, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Gomez for over ten years. I cannot say enough good things. His caring and commitment to his patients is evident. If you are looking for a dedicated physician, he is a keeper.
in Trenton, NJ |
I would recommend Dr. Gomez to anyone that needs a neurologist. He listened to what I had to say about the problems I have been experiencing and checked several different things that he was concerned with. Dr. Gomez was very attentive and understanding. He has scheduled me for several tests. I will have the MRI on Monday, April 10, the EEG on Tuesday, April 11 and the EMG on Thursday, April 27. He will work with me from there to see if other tests or needed or what needs to be addressed.
in new egypt, nj |
This is the second time I have used this office. Dr Gomez was great. Very professional, knowledgeable, a good listener, great communicator and a great attitude. The staff has been equally responsive and professional and very pleasant. A great experience all around.
in Princeton |
Always concise and informative. To he point and responding to all my questions. Provides excellent, clear advice on how I should my pill intake going forward.
in Kendall Park, nj |
He is a very thorough, professional and compassionate physician. His staff have also been very friendly and supportive during my difficult health situations.
Dr. Gomez spends time with his patients and clearly explains procedures and diagnoses.
in Mount Laurel, Nj |
He is patience, he aim for the problem. Won't stop until he get the patience comfortable.
in West Windsor |
Dr. Gomez is very caring and very thorough. He has helped me with sciatica and carpal tunnel and has helped my wife with Parkinson's.
in Lawrenceville, New Jersey |
Dr Gomez has seen me twice and both times he has been very professional, explaining my tests, diagnosis and treatment plans fully, answering all our questions. I would recommend him highly.
in Pennington |
Every time I see Dr Gómez is great, he is an excellent Doctor! I'm so happy to have Dr Gomez taking care my health! Thank you Dr Gomez!!!
in yardley, pa |
Dr. Gomez has an excellent clinical approach when diagnosing my condition. He did not assume that my issue was solely due to a chronic condition that I had for 40 years like other physicians had. Thanks to his help I was pain free in 6 months time. I have recommended him to my niece and she was very, very happy with the recommendation.
glen burnie, md |
Dr Gomez is always very upbeat and knowledgeable about migraines. He has helped me tremendously over the years
in Plainsboro nj |
Knowledgeable and kind. One on the best doctors I've had.
in East Windsor, NJ |
Dr. Gomez is the best. He is very understanding and always try's to help you with a new plan, if one fails. I suffer from migraines and he always helps me get out of my bad cycles. I have had other interactions with the physicians in this practice and they are all very nice. I always let people know abour this practice. Laurie J.
in Princeton, NJ |
Very thorough first visit. Careful examination, explanation of my issues and description of course of treatment to be followed. Could not have been better.
in Ewing,nj |
Heis a wonderful doctor very patience and will do whatever it takes to help to make u feel better
in Suffolk, VA |
I went to see Dr. Rene Gomez for a problem I was having due to a sports injury to my back. I needed medical clearance for a new job. I was able to schedule an appointment quickly. Dr. Gomez was easy to talk to and understood my need for a quick resolution. The office obtained the necessary authorizations from insurance for testing. Dr. Gomez provided the necessary paperwork for me to complete my work application. I have recently relocated but would certainly recommend Dr. Rene Gomez.
in Hamilton, NJ |
I have been to several practices in the Philadelphia New York region for migraines and lawrenceville neurology has been the most attentive to my needs and the most effective in their treatment. I have seen Dr. Gomez who has been an absolute godsend with his ability to listen and understand the complexities of my symptoms. Even when I was losing hope he kept me focused on the "process". The knowledge, understanding and compassion Dr. Gomez displays is unparalleled to any other dr I've been to.
in Somerville, NJ |
Dr. Gomez didn't look at all my data and tests, properly, and he backed Dr. Palangio up when she said I had MS. Turns out I had Vitamin D deficency, a bad back, and migraines, which I thought I had. They ruined 7 months of my life, but the good thing about this, I hired a landscaper, because I thought I was too sick to function. Now he's love the love of my life. All isn't lost, but I don't recommend this doctor AT ALL.
in Trenton, NJ |
I give him a zero. He just types on computer and don't listen to patient. Then calls and says don't want to see me anymore after waiting three months for follow up. He never has any answers at his age and still practicing you think he have experience. He is excepting new patients cause he is a horrible doctor. If he was good he be booked at his age. Don't waste your time with him.
in Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Gomez has been treating me for almost 15 years. He is thorough, compassionate and very easy to talk to.
in new jersry |
Am so impressed with Dr Gomez. He listens goes over any complaint from the start to see if you have the same symptoms send reports to all your Dr's looks into all complaints follows up
Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Gomez didn't seem particularly interested in my care. He spent a decent amount of time with me, but rather than giving me the facts of my case, he instead spent an inordinate amount of time trying to tell me I didn't have the condition I ended up having. I needed an MRI to rule out my eventual diagnosis, and rather than saying to start treatment after the MRI, he elected to start treatment before. I had to push him and his staff for everything. I felt more like a road-block than anything
Have you seen Dr. Rene Gomez, MD?
Are you Dr. Gomez?