Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD

Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Evanston, IL and has been practicing for 29 years. She graduated from Rush Medical College Of Rush University in 1990 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.

2650 Ridge Ave # 5303

Evanston, IL 60201

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Cofinity
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthLink

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Goodfriend-Leve's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

1.9

Dr. Goodfriend-Leve?
Dr. Goodfriend-Leve's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD
I normally don't leave reviews, but felt I needed to after seeing all of these negative ones. Dr Goodfriend-Leve isn't effusive or dynamic, but she IS effective and efficient. I've found her to be remarkably caring and interested, and never felt pressured for time. I think she's conservative with medications, but I think that's what you want with children and adolescents.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
The doctor is cold but competent. Her nurse Ann Marie actively tries to block patients from receiving the medications the doctor prescribes. Avoid.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
• • • • • • • • I’ve been on antidepressants for around 10 years and would like to go off them at some point. I told her & she said “if you want to go off medications then find a new doctor.” Tried to switch me to probably the most expensive antidepressant, $1200 for 90 day supply. When I told her I couldn’t afford it, switched me to the second highest priced medication and increased the dosages of my other meds. Pill pusher, made me feel like I was wasting her time. Shouldn’t be in this field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
uncompassionate, selfish, and distant psychiatrist. Doesn't care about the patients at all, she only cares about the money she receives. Constantly denying refills because of an overdue check up, even though I'm 2000 miles away at college. Had to fight for a month just to get my prescription refilled. The nurse is also rude and generally distant. Horrible communication. Don't see her it will not turn out well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
If giving 0 stars was an option I would select 0 stars over the 1 star I am giving Dr. Goodfriend Leve and her nurse Ann Marie. I recommend selecting another physician unless you want to fight for your controlled substance refills even after you have taken your child for an office visit. All you will get are excuses and a lack of bed-side manner. Moreover, you even have to fight for her to call you back if you page. Do your job Dr. and fill your patient refills timely, not a high expectation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
I hold NorthShore University HealthSystem in high regard overall, yet I am very disappointed with this individual. Rena is not professional and has no bedside manner. My child is currently being treated by her yet their conditions are worsening. The unfortunate thing is that she has repeatedly dismissed my concerns. I truly wish there was better recourse than having to post comments. Do not see this doctor even as a last resort.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
I? took my 15 year old daughter Dr Goodfriend-Leve for her depression and anxiety. The doctor was cold, quick, and only offered to increase her anti-depressant medication despite multiple other cues my daughter offered about nightmares, etc. She made my daughter defensive and hopeless. My daughter was hospitalized for her depression; this doctor was on call that weekend for the unit. When she saw my daughter she said dryly “What are YOU doing here?” Needless to say, we switched psychiatrist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
Came to her at a very vulnerable place in my life, have just been dealing with the lost of a parent and found myself depressed. The second med we tried didn't work out, she just told me to stop taking it.. Which led me to have suicidal thoughts and spiral out of control. It is not safe to go cold turkey off of a depression med. When I told her what happened she didn't seem to care. Her nurse was also very rude and condescending.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
My daughter saw this doctor for depression. Despite a history of seizures in the past (she was seizure free for four years), she was given a medication with seizures as a prominent side effect. This medication was prescribed in an amount far beyond FDA recommended dosing. My daughter had multiple seizures, called the doctor, did not get an answer for over 48 hours. She had a seizure in the street, almost got hit by a bus and was hospitalized. Don't go to this doctor if you have a choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
Funny her name is Dr. Goodfriend, because she was not a "good friend" to me. I had to go to an outpatient program in the Evanston area to try and get my depression under control. Unfortunately, I was first assigned to Dr. Goodfriend while in the program and became so upset with how cold and rude she was, I actually burst into tears in front of her and other staff members, and that's when they finally switched me to a different doctor. She basically has no compassion. Not good for a "doctor".
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
She is lacking in social skills; is very stiff and cold; and is just completely unrelatable to teens. I wasn't impressed with her medication choices in that she doesn't prioritize those medications that have been clinically proven to work, safely, for adolescents. Might work ok for kids who don't question anything and who just do as they're told. Still doesn't know her meds all that well. On the plus side: has lots of appointments available because she's not at all popular.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
Dr. Goodfriend has a very coldly analytical point of view which I think may askew her ability to treat patients. I've had occasions where her very style was so intractable and invasive that it provoked irritation, and instead of perhaps having an awareness of the social implications of her line of questioning, assumed I was constantly irritable and needed more medication. It seems she considers her job only to interview (not conversate) and then increase dosages.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
As a former patient, I can attest to her kindness and care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
Dr. Goodfriend is an amazing Doctor she knows what patients need. I have a child with ASD and behavioral issues. Therapy alone was not working/was not functional at all! dr. Goodfriend knew exactly what my child needed. Due to her high level of expertise she has changed our lives for the better :) I cannot thank her enough!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?
Finally realized that Dr. Goodfriend is not such a good friend. She only gives my daughter and I 3 minutes of time. She asks her how she is, either good or bad. If good, she gives a refill on persecution. If bad she increases the meds. She doesn't want to know why or what's going on. If you bring it up she says to talk to her therapist. Two visits ago she doubled the dosage, last visit my daughter still wasn't well, she wanted to up meds again..my daughter said no! We won't go back
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rena Goodfriend-Leve, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Goodfriend-Leve?

Insurance accepted

HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Kaiser Permanente
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Goodfriend-Leve treats patients.

Evanston Hospital