Dr. Rena Ferguson, MD

Dr. Rena Ferguson, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Rena Ferguson, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Port Jefferson, NY and has been practicing for 19 years. She graduated from George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences in 1995 and specializes in psychiatry.

1000 Main St Ste G

Port Jefferson, NY 11777

Learn about Dr. Ferguson

See how frequently Dr. Ferguson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Major Depressive Disorder
Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Ferguson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • National Naval Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • National Capital Military Cons
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Ferguson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ferguson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ferguson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ferguson's Reviews

3.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ferguson to family and friends

Dr. Ferguson's Performance

GOOD

Do yourself a favor and find a new provider. She overdosed me on meds, charged me 200$ to tell disability I wasn't impaired and then skipped town.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have really enjoyed working with Dr. Ferguson in the past. She is great (can relate to her and she listens to the patient, values what you have to say/what you think you need)--the only issue I had was with office staff/communication. For example, there were a couple of times when the cost was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Ferguson is one of the most amazing & compassionate psychiatrists I've ever had. She is always thinking of new ways to improve my treatment. I've also received TMS treatments from Dr. Ferguson's TMS coordinator, Caroline. Caroline goes above & beyond in providing care for TMS patients. Once...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I saw her when I was 20,presenting problem: eating disorders, depression. She told me I was bipolar;gave me medications that made me feel worse. When I said that-she increased the dose. I felt like a zombie, developed a twitch & gained 80lbs. Came off meds, Saw a competent provider,&learned she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I do not recommend her. The practice is poorly run and unresponsive. Unprofessional staff. Totally missed my diagnosis and lied about my problem to insurance. Wait was also terrible before and during visits.
Are you Dr. Ferguson?