Dr. Regina Kurian, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Saint John Endocrinology 22201 Moross Rd Ste 252 Grosse Pointe, MI 48236 Get Directions
Dr. Regina Kurian, MD
Dr. Regina Kurian, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Grosse Pointe, MI. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Kurian is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Grosse Pointe Campus, St. John Macomb - Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus and Saint John Hospital and Medical Center.

Dr. Kurian's Experience

See how Dr. Kurian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kurian

Dr. Kurian accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Kurian is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Kurian has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kurian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kurian to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Kurian's Performance
in Warren, MI |
I have had type 1 diabetes for 47 years.I came to see Dr. Kurian for thyroid issues (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis). She made it plain that she did not want me as a patient. She informed me that she could make money writing papers on all of the reasons that people feel tired. She took no interest in treating me. She compared my desire to «feel better» to a heroin addict wanting more heroin. She asked me no questions and pointed out all of the ways that I fell short in my diabetic life.
in Macomb,MI |
If I could give 100 stars, I would. I can't count the times Dr.Kurian has LITERALLY SAVED MY LIFE. I began seeing her in 2003, during a stint at St. John for DKA (I'm T1D). She has always talked to me as if, wouldn't you know, I actually understand what's going on, and she never dumbs things down, which is very important to me-if I understand why things are happening, I better understand how to manage them. I really don't think I'd be alive if it weren't for Dr. Kurian. Actually, I know it.
in Warren, MI |
I see Dr. Kurian to manage my Type 2 diabetes. Dr. Kurian is very straightforward and professional. She is very personable and kind. One time I was running about 10 min. late to an appt., and even though I was her last appointment of the day, she stayed and took care of me. She is great!
in Detroit, MI |
I have DM1 and began to see Kurian for my DM mgt during pregnancy. After having to cancel an apt with her, Kurian called me to follow up and during the phone call Kurina told me that I should rethink becoming a mother if I could not be responsible enough to at least make it to my appointments and suggested that I consider my options... I gave birth to a healthy baby girl and maintained a A1C of 6.3 for the duration of my pregnancy. I NEVER WENT BACK TO THAT OFFICE after being a pt for 5+ yrs:(
in Macomb |
She was absolutely phenomenal!!!! Plain and simple, extremely intelligent and all around an amazing doctor.. I can only hope to stay with her and move forward with appointments and treatment.. She's a ten of of a 5 star
in Royal Oak, MI |
I have been seeing Dr. Regina Kurian for over 7 years. She is not only highly educated and experienced in working with transgender and intersex patients, she also has an unbelievable bedside manner. As a Gender Therapist, I also refer many clients to her. She is in my Top 3 Endocrinologists for referring clients.
Have you seen Dr. Regina Kurian, MD?
Are you Dr. Kurian?

Compare Dr. Kurian

Dr. Kurian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Kurian has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kurian's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Spartan Health Sciences University, School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Kurian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kurian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism