Dr. Reena Kumar, MD

Dr. Kumar
Telehealth services available

Greater Heights Holistic Psychiatry, PLLC

1919 North Loop W Ste 280 Houston, TX 77008

Dr. Reena Kumar, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kumar to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Kumar's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kumar's Top Procedures and Conditions

Anxiety
high
high

Dr. Kumar treats Anxiety more than 95% of her peers

Dr. Kumar treats this condition more than 95% of her peers

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Kumar performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 83% of her peers

Dr. Kumar performs this procedure more than 83% of her peers

Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Kumar performs Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback) more than 83% of her peers

Dr. Kumar performs this procedure more than 83% of her peers

Dr. Kumar's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Kumar accepts

Dr. Kumar accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Kumar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kumar

Dr. Kumar?
  • Appointment scheduling (13)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (13)
  • Explained conditions well (13)
    Great Psychiatrist! She is very personable and easy to talk. I highly recommend Dr. Kumar!
    May 15, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Amazing psychiatrist. Really cares for her patients. Had to pay out of pocket, and she saved us a lot of money by giving us resources.
    Brian Kim – May 14, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. REENA KUMAR is an exceptional and caring doctor. She is very professional in seeking to understand her patient’s concerns. She allows timely access to needed services and willing to follow up until patient needs are meet. I am so grateful to have her service.
    May 13, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Very kind and understanding. Really went above and beyond to ensure her patient is healthy and safe
    May 11, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Kumar is very Patient and Kind. I have being seeing her on Telehealth visits and it is just like I am in the office. She is very personable and easy to talk to and genuinely cares about your well being. She has been helping me overcome my struggle with anxiety and I look forward to our appointments. She brightens my day! I highly recommend Dr. Kumar!
    Taylor – May 08, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    It has been a very good experience working with Dr. Kumar to navigate my path to recovery from depression and anxiety. She is very easy to talk to and is really personable which helps with the process.
    May 06, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Kumar is very personable and very caring. She takes her time and listens during each visit.
    May 01, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Reena Kumar is so dynamic in her treatment for me. I struggle with anxiety disorder, panic anxiety attacks, depression, ocd and ptsd. Dr. Reena Kumar takes time and listens to me and communicates in a way that continues to help me feel valid, safe, worthy, and she always teaches me a new way or train of thought to help me thru this difficult time due to the Pandemic in our World. I am immunocompromised and have experienced horrendous anxiety with the current situation of Covid 19, she is working and so dedicated to getting my medications 'tweaked', if you will, so they work best for me. I actually look forward to our weekly televideo visit. It is nice to see a familiar face and our tele visit is completely secure. Are you wondering if you might feel safe and secure speaking with her in a tele-video visit? I encourage you to try!!! I assure you, you will find relief, release, hope, comfort, and learn great healthy directions to take in order to work through they yuck.
    May 01, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Kumar is an outstanding psychiatrist and a thoughtful human being. Each time my son visits with her, he leaves the appointment with hope as her professionalism is stellar. Dr. Kumar cares about the mental health of her patients and listens to every concern searching for solutions with the patient. For years we have been searching for mental health care for my son, and we are so grateful that God led us to Dr. Kumar; she is a humble individual who desires only the best for patients and their loved ones. Her extensive experience with mental health issues places her in a position to help anyone who visits her office. Dr. Kumar is a patient advocate and believes in the healing of the whole person. The respect that she offers her patients empowers them to customize their own health plan to meet their individual needs. In this time where mental health is finally being brought to the forefront, Dr. Kumar is equipped to work alongside of any patient. Thankful we have have her our team!
    RB – Apr 23, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    She is a wonderful doctor. She changed my life within 3 months.I was so much addicted to Xanax and with her help I stopped using it. She has been very patient with me. I literally yelled at her during first meeting when she said that she will soon start weaning me off but she still continued to work with me at my pace. I highly recommend her.
    Feb 18, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr Reena kumar is very insightful and patient doctor. Being a first time mom I did not know how to handle the issues of my son and couldn't correct his behaviour on my own. I took Dr Reena's help with it. She was very observant and patient while listening to the issues of my son. She explained the reasons for it in a very kind manner and suggested the how some changes in environment would help my kid. I swa changes in my kid's behaviour in a very short period of time. I highly recommend her.
    Thejitha – Sep 25, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Reena Kumar is a very nice and compassionate doctor. She explained the importance of taking care oneself and one’s mental & emotional health. She treated me with utmost caring and love. She saved me out of my depression. And in turn she saved my family. Apart from the medication, she took counseling sessions and gave good and very useful ways to improve my relationship with myself, my husband and my daughters. It improved the situation in my family. We highly recommend anyone who seeks help with their psychological and mental health.
    Aug 17, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Reena Kumar was kind and understands our family situation very well and gave us very good suggestions and counseling. She listens very nicely and gave us simple and doable tasks which improves our family relationships. Even though in the beginning we were worried that our daughter may not be able to express and convey her concerns but Dr. Reena Kumar made her very comfortable. Dr. Reena Kumar always quotes real life situations and correlates very well with our problems so that we can improve our situation. Overall we are very happy for her suitable and simple ways to improve the situation in our family. We highly recommend anybody who seeks help in this field.
    Aug 13, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr Kumar brings a compassionate insight in to profession. Out son started some unhealthy behavior and she made us understand how changing our habits will improve out son's behavior. We could see the results within no time.
    BPal – Aug 13, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr. Reena Kumar is a great doctor. She is very sweet and very caring towards her patients.
    Jul 12, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
    Dr Kumar is an amazing doctor. Before seeing her I was so stigmatized about mental health. She not only took out the time to listen to me but addressed all my questions related to medications. She is one of a kind. Her room is full of positive quotes and energy, that I felt the difference as soon as I entered inside the room.
    May 07, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kumar?

"Changing the lifestyle is a very important part of treating any mental illness."

Dr. Reena Kumar, MD is a Child, Adolescent, and Adult psychiatrist. She earned her Medical Degree from India, and completed her General Psychiatry Residency...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry