Dr. Reena Kumar, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 40

Dr. Kumar

Acres Home Health Center

818 Ringold St Houston, TX 77088

Dr. Reena Kumar, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Houston, TX. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and adult psychiatry.

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Kumar accepts

Dr. Kumar accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Kumar's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kumar's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Kumar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kumar

Dr. Kumar?
Dr. Kumar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Reena Kumar, MD
Dr Reena kumar is very insightful and patient doctor. Being a first time mom I did not know how to handle the issues of my son and couldn't correct his behaviour on my own. I took Dr Reena's help with it. She was very observant and patient while listening to the issues of my son. She explained the reasons for it in a very kind manner and suggested the how some changes in environment would help my kid. I swa changes in my kid's behaviour in a very short period of time. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
Dr. Reena Kumar is a very nice and compassionate doctor. She explained the importance of taking care oneself and one’s mental & emotional health. She treated me with utmost caring and love. She saved me out of my depression. And in turn she saved my family. Apart from the medication, she took counseling sessions and gave good and very useful ways to improve my relationship with myself, my husband and my daughters. It improved the situation in my family. We highly recommend anyone who seeks help with their psychological and mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
Dr. Reena Kumar was kind and understands our family situation very well and gave us very good suggestions and counseling. She listens very nicely and gave us simple and doable tasks which improves our family relationships. Even though in the beginning we were worried that our daughter may not be able to express and convey her concerns but Dr. Reena Kumar made her very comfortable. Dr. Reena Kumar always quotes real life situations and correlates very well with our problems so that we can improve our situation. Overall we are very happy for her suitable and simple ways to improve the situation in our family. We highly recommend anybody who seeks help in this field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar brings a compassionate insight in to profession. Out son started some unhealthy behavior and she made us understand how changing our habits will improve out son's behavior. We could see the results within no time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
She is a very kind hearted child psychiatrist. I was so afraid before taking my child to her but she explained everything in detail and did not push my child with medications. She taught us lifestyle changes before starting my child on medications. She truly is a holistic psychiatrist. After so many years I have seen a good doctor. I was also surprised that there was no waiting time. The front desk staff was also very courteous. It seems they really care for their patients. I highly recommend this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
Dr. Reena Kumar is a great doctor. She is very sweet and very caring towards her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?
Dr Kumar is an amazing doctor. Before seeing her I was so stigmatized about mental health. She not only took out the time to listen to me but addressed all my questions related to medications. She is one of a kind. Her room is full of positive quotes and energy, that I felt the difference as soon as I entered inside the room.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Reena Kumar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kumar?

Changing the lifestyle is very important part of treating any mental illness.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry