Dr. Rebecca Epstein, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Dr. Rebecca Epstein, MD
I was born in Athens, Georgia. My father is also in medicine, and I decided that I wanted to pursue a career in medicine at the beginning of college. I chose the profession of ophthalmology based on the enjoyment that I felt when I worked in the field. I was able to work at an eye bank between medical school and college. And through this experience, I also got to know some of the ophthalmologists in town. It was evident how much they loved their job and loved the surgery. I could not have chosen a better specialty. I really love what I do. My decision to pursue a career in glaucoma was a thought that started to develop during my first year in ophthalmology residency. As my training has continued, I have found myself becoming even more interested in the field. I enjoy learning about the different ocular pathologies related to glaucoma, and I enjoy participating in and doing the surgeries. For my fellowship, I trained at the University of Colorado with 4 different glaucoma specialists. I truly feel that I trained at one of the best places in the country based on the clinical and surgical volume. I also had amazing mentors that were passionate about the field of glaucoma. I am happily married with two dogs that are currently my children.

Dr. Epstein's Experience

See how Dr. Epstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Epstein

Dr. Epstein accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Epstein is now accepting new patients
Beaufort Eye Center1664 Ribaut Rd
Port Royal, SC 29935
(843) 494-5003Get Directions

Dr. Epstein's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Epstein?

Compare Dr. Epstein

Dr. Epstein says...

I chose the profession of ophthalmology based on the enjoyment that I felt when I worked in the field. I was able to work at an eye bank between medical school and college.  And through this experience, I also got to know some of the ophthalmologists in town. It was evident how much they loved their job and loved the surgery. I could not have chosen a better specialty. I really love what I do.

I am happily married with two dogs that are currently my children.

Dr. Epstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Cataract

University Of Colorado

Completed in 2017

University of Georgia

Graduated in 2007

Dr. Epstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Epstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology