Dermatology  |
Dr. Rebecca Lu, MD
Dr. Rebecca Lu is a board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs surgeon serving the Warren and central NJ area. She specializes in skin cancer, Mohs surgery, laser treatments, and cosmetic dermatology. She is also a professional member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery and the American College of Mohs Surgery.

Elite SkinMD

• Group Health Cooperative
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Lu

Dr. Lu's care philosophy is centered around the patient.  She involves the patient in the decision making process and is passionate about patient education.  She believes in addressing all aspects of total skin health, from skin cancer screenings for the prevention of skin cancer, Mohs surgery to treat skin cancer, as well as skin repair treatments to reverse the signs of premature aging and damage caused by the sun.

Dr. Lu is also a firm believer that cosmetic treatments, like laser rejuvenation, laser hair removal, and wrinkle treatments, are more than just about looking good, but feeling good about yourself and improving your self esteem and confidence.

Dr. Lu's Experience

Dr. Lu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Alopecia Areata
  • Angioedema
  • Angioma
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Atypical Mole
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail Diseases

• Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal
  • Wart Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Baylor University
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Columbia Coll Phys&Surg/St Lukes Roosevelt Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Lu has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Lu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lu to family and friends
Dr. Lu's Performance
in East Brunswick, NJ |
The best dermatologist I've ever been to! She operated on a pre-cancerous growth with no pain from beginning to end. Very thorough and responsive. Great staff, returns phone callls, listens and explains everything! She's great in every way!
in South Plainfield, NJ |
Dr. Lu is by far the best dermatologist I have ever been to. She is the only one who listened to me about my moles and removed them with very little scarring. She is the best!!!
in Watchung, NJ |
Great doctor. Helped me a lot with my skin problem. Cleared up my skin.
in East Hanover, NJ |
I suffer from terrible sunspots on my face and Dr. Lu took excellent care of me. She told me it would be 3-4 treatments, but after 1 treatment, they are almost gone! The cost was $350 for my face, and I thought it was worth the price. I am planning another treatment next month. I referred my co-workers and friends. Very happy with my results!
in Tewksbury, NJ |
Went to Dr. Lu for a cancer screening exam and all went fine at that appt. She mentioned that she could take care of my rosacea with laser treatment. She told me the treatment was 520.00, and had the treatment done on 09/14/16. Upon arrival she told me I would need at least 2 or 3 treatments (news to me). She performed the treatment and left the room as if she were in a rush. I was told the red pot marks would go away in a few days. It is 11/09/16 and my skin looks worse than ever. Never again
in Freehold NJ |
My wife and mother have had treatment from Dr Lu. Also received high praise when we had to go to the Cancer Institute. Great office, staff and Dr Lu takes her time talking and explaining and building a relationship. Highly recommend! 10 stars!
in Bedminster, NJ |
Great experience with Dr. Lu. I came to her for some cosmetic concerns, and she listened to all my issues. It was nice just to talk to her and she took me seriously. It was better than a therapy session! I love how my botox came out too. Excited to do fraxel next!
in Annandale, NJ |
Dr. Lu is amazing! Both my husband and I had procedures done this summer by Dr.Lu. We are totally impressed with her skill, knowledge, and kindness. Dr.Lu has great empathy and concern for the well being of her patients. We consider ourselves to be very fortunate to have found such a talented dermatologist. We highly recommend her without any reservation to anyone looking for an excellent physician .We already have given her name to our friends and family. Thanks to Dr. Lu for being our DR.
in Toms River, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Lu for a number of years and she remains my favorite doctor. Since she moved to her new location, I now drive an hour to see her, but she's worth it! She has treated me for skin cancer several times and it always heals so nice. I have sent my daughter, husband, and neighbors to see her and they all love her too.
Sparta, NJ |
The visit was short and not very detailed. Not curious enough. Explained it was my first dermatology appointment - no skin cancer test. Barely talked about the issues i came in with.
in Green Brook, NJ |
I took my 9 year old to Dr Lu, and she loved her. They were all very friendly. I will definitely recommend Dr. Lu to my friends and family.
in Warren NJ |
Dr.Lu has performed two surgeries on me. I could not be happier with her professionalism and dedication. Dr. Lu and her staff will give you as much time as you need and fully answer all of your questions. Dr. Lu has a an easy going personality and puts her patients at ease and eliminates any nervousness you may experience. I have recommended her to many friends and family. Dr. Lu is a rare find when it comes to doctors. She is compassionate, skillful and just a real nice person.
in Warren, NJ |
Hi. My experience with Dr. Lu was amazing. She made me feel very safe and in good hand during the procedure and her stitch job on my lip came out beautiful. Like a seamstress. I am so pleases with the results after Basel cell carcinoma was removed. 5Thank you so much!
in Far Hills, NJ |
Dr. Lu was referred to me by my GP for a mole that needed to be biopsied and treated. Dr. Lu saw me immediately, explained the procedure and performed the biopsy flawlessly and painless. After the biopsy came back as positive, Dr. Lu removed the lesion. The process again was flawless and basically painless. The scar healed perfectly and scarless. She called to check my condition later that afternoon and days later. Dr. Lu, Gracie, and her staff are fantastic. I always get appt. reminders!
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
Staff is courteous, helpful and friendly. I felt very confident that I would get excellent care. Dr. Lu made sure that I was at ease during procedure. She explained everything I needed to know for the procedure and aftercare. Dr. Lu called in the evening to check in on me. I highly recommend.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I was looking for a dermatologist and read many reviews before coming to Dr. Lu. She lives up to all the great reviews! She is very nice, competent, knowledgeable, and best of all - has Saturday appointments! She has really helped me with my skin (facial) condition and my friends have been complimenting me on my glow. I'm very happy with the results.
in Warren, NJ |
She's very nice and helpful. Always smiling
in Somerville, NJ |
Dr. Lu is the best. She's friendly and all the stuff are courteous and very welcoming. She helps me to get rid of my pimples and so far so good. I am happy with the results.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I was referred to Dr. Lu for MOHS surgery, and she is fantastic. She took the time to explain the process and what to expect afterwards, and made the whole experience as pleasant as possible.
in Bedminster, NJ |
Dr. Lu is highly professional, very thorough, and friendly.
in Piscataway, NJ |
I had a horrible experience. First, no one called me the day before to confirm my appointment and because of that I almost forgot. Then, one of her receptionists was very rude. Once I got into the room Lu was 20 minutes late AND she only talked to me for 5 minutes. I felt as if I was rushed out. I brought in everything I use on my face and she didn't even take the time to look at it. This was my first AND last time going. She also didn't even ask if I had questions, she just sent a prescription.
in Teaneck, NJ |
Dr. Lu is a wonderful dermatologist... She is both kind and professional. Sadly, she left the area i am in to practice in Central NJ.. However, she will always be one of my favorite physicians
in NJ |
Dr. Lu treated me for a skin cancer with Mohs Surgery. She is a very talented and compassionate surgeon/physician. My results and her standard of care were superb.She also calmed all my fears. I also had cosmetic procedures done by Dr. Lu. She was patient and thorough while we discussed which procedures would address my concerns with optimal results. I am thrilled with my results! She is truly an artist! I would highly recommend Dr. Lu for any medical or cosmetic concerns.
in Basking Ridge, NJ |
I love Dr. Lu! I am turning 40 this year and needed a pick me up. She answered all my questions and offered suggestions, without overwhelming me like the Plastic Surgeon did. I decided on Fraxel, Botox, and the skin care line by Jan Marini. I've tried Obagi before and this worked better for me. My skin looks AMAZING and I feel GREAT! Even my husband noticed! Worth every penny. I spent more on my son's braces- this time it's for me! I've recommended her to all my friends!
in Martinsville, NJ |
Beyond happy with the care Dr. Lu has provided. First visit and she identified the skin issue that I had immediately and I was scheduled for the required MOHS procedure within 2 weeks. This after I saw my former dermatologist on two different occasions for the same issue and both times he refused to even test the site, stating that it was part of the normal aging process! Anyway, Dr. Lu is very thorough and knowledgeable and she has earned my trust with her care and concern. Highly recommend!
in Stirling, NJ |
Dr. Lu was able to see me quickly. The office was new, spacious, and immaculate. Dr. Lu was excellent -- communicative telling me what she was about to do, as she injected a pain killer and then took some scrapings. A few days later, she telephoned me with the pathologist report. In summary, competent, caring, thorough, communicative. Excellent.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Lu's for years, and have been following her to different offices, so I am so happy she is now in her new office in Warren. Dr. Lu is an excellent doctor and dermatologist. I have had 3 treatments with her new laser and it has made a tremendous difference. I get compliments on my skin all the time now. It's not cheap but it's worth it. Her office is beautiful and high end,and I would not trust anyone else with my face.
in West Orange, NJ |
I had a great experience with Dr. Lu. She is highly professional, super friendly, and takes the time to really explain what she's doing. I didn't feel rushed at all like I did with my previous dermatologist and virtually no wait time to see her. Totally cleared up my acne and also removed a suspicious looking mole. Have recommended her to all my family and friends.
in Clifton, NJ |
the clear and brilliant treatments are simply amazing..... my skin has gone from a 2 to a 10 with just a couple treatments. im actually comfortable now taking pictures without makeup on and that was a big deal... Dr. Lu knew what shes talking about when she recommended this :) Thanks Dr. Lu
in New Brunswick, NJ |
Horrible, she spent maybe 5 minutes in the exam room with me. Did not tell me what to do about my acne, nor what was causing it. Her only solution was to purchase her $300 skin care line and $300 laser treatments.
Can't say enough nice things about Dr Lu and her staff. She did surgery on my face and I was so impressed with her stitches, and there's barely any scar now. She answered all my questions, and held my hand through the whole process.
in South Plainfield, NJ |
I needed a dermatologist for a second opinion on a skin rash and found Dr. Lu on Healthgrades. After confirming the diagnosis within seconds of examining me, Dr. Lu spotted something suspicious on my skin and performed a biopsy right then and there. Within three days, her office called to tell me it was precancerous and needed to be removed. Thanks to Dr. Lu, it was caught early and removed completely. She also took the extra time to explain everything; before, during and after the excision.
in Parlin, NJ |
I found Dr. Lui on the internet and she had great reviews. Allow me to add to those reviews. When I arrived the office staff was very friendly, professional, greeted me with a smile and made me feel comfortable. Dr. Lui was running on time even though her it appeared to be a busy day. Dr. Lui took the time to fulfill my needs and actually TALK TO ME!!! I will recommend Dr. Lui to all of my friends and to anyone who reads my post. :) Thank you. Mikel
Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Lu, MD?
Are you Dr. Lu?