Dr. Rebecca A. Knight, MD

Dr. Rebecca A. Knight, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

The Knight Center for Integrated Health 5401 N Knoxville Ave Ste 104, Peoria, IL 61614 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Knight's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Knight's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Knight

Dr. Knight accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Knight has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Knight

Dr. Knight's Review Details
3.8 based on 18 responses
Experience with Dr. Knight
Dr. Knight's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (16)
Dr. Knight says

I suspect many of the less than excellent reviews came during our transition to EMR.  At the same time discovered that my staff were not making the transition and not helping with patient care. In 2010  I had to let everyone go and start over. I have consistently heard in the past 4 years rave reviews of my nurse Jessica that could draw blood out of a rock and my medical assistant Ian that is so efficient and professional that he's the best assistant I ever had. I also have had excellent feedback for our chiropractic physician, Dr. Ben Miles, he is very gentle and prescise. Our PT, Dr. Korrin Begy doesn't just care for my patients but also gets outside referrals because of her excellent reputation. Ame Nguyen, LMT focuses her treatment using myofascial release and manual lymph drainage to address many medical problems that are chronic and not responsive to many other approaches. I also run closer to on time than many others and have been given good feedback to my face.

However, if you are just seeking pain medications then I'm not your doctor. On another review site I saw that some of my negative reviews were patients I terminated our relationship due to drug deversion or abuse of staff. Life is to short to continue toxic relationships in every avenue of your life.

in Peoria, IL |
Dr. Knight is the first doctor that has really tried very hard to figure out my symptoms. When other doctors would dismiss my symptoms, Dr. Knight took them very seriously. She took blood tests other doctors didn't or wouldn't take and knew how to interpret the results. The standard tests were normal, so the average doctor would not treat me and I would continue to suffer. She found the root to my problem based on the extra blood tests, knew how to interpret them, and treated me.
dr knight is extremely caring and knowledgeable. She explains things thoroughly and listens completely. She allows time for her visits and addresses concerns/issues. The staff is very nice and were able to draw my blood easily (some nurses have a hard time with my veins)
in Washington, IL |
Dr. Knight has been my primary physician for more than 5 years. She is good at explaining medical problems and the reasons for recommending a particular treatment or medication. She is very down to earth in her manner and I am continually impressed by her diagnostic abilities and how much knowledge she has at her fingertips and is ready to share to help me understand what I need to do to get better. Her staff is friendly and professional. I have never been this satisfied with a doctor before.
Have you seen Dr. Knight?

Compare Dr. Knight

• Integrative Medicine
  • Women's Health Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Knight's Board Certifications

Dr. Knight says..

I did a fellowship in Women's Health that trained me further than Internal Medicine especially with regards to Hormonal Health. So I've got additional expertise in polycystic ovarian syndrome, Menopause,  thyroid disorders, Diabetes Mellitus, adrenal fatigue, and also Functional Medicine.  I have also done research in Fibromyalgia, Migraines, Chronic Pain and Osteoporosis. I thought when I first started I would be seeing mostly women but found that many women wanted me to see their husbands as well. I also took over Dr. David Anzaldua's practice that had focused on sports medicine and so I still see many recreational athletes and men with testosterone deficiency. I try my best to take care of as much of my patient's needs as possible because I do see that patients that collect a lot of physicians are often on more than 10 or 15 medications and often are having more interactions then they realize. But obviously we still need specialists for colonoscopy, surgery when needed and when certain disease states emerge we will need help from subspecialties and thankfully have great ones in Peoria. It's just important to have your primary care doctor involved so that someone knows you very well.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Asthma
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Depression
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lyme Disease
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Dr. Knight says..

I was always interested in gynecology and did extra training in my fellowship so in addition to pap smears, I also do endometrial biopsies, simple cystometry, wet/koh prep for vaginitis, IUD placement/removal, subcutaneous contraceptive placement and removal. Before David Anzaldua turned his practice over to me he also trained me in internal and external hemorrhoid treatment, trigger point injections and toenail removal. I also did a plastic surgery rotation and enjoy doing skin biopsies to diagnose benign conditions and rule out malignant conditions. In addition, I am a licensed massage therapist and did additional training in manual lymph drainage.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Botox® for Chronic Migraine
  • Pap Tests and Pelvic Exams
  • Physical Therapy
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Skin Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago

• Other Education
    Fellowship Was In Women's Health

Massage Therapy

Completed in 2001

Dr. Knight has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Knight does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knight and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Knight's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Knight

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Knight's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Knight

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Knight says...

I have been practicing for 18 years and can't believe how fast time has gone. I took over my practice from David Anzaldua and it was the first Integrative practice in Peoria before it was cool. Patients tell me that the biggest reason they came to my practice was for my diagnostic skills and because I never give up trying to find a cause and a successful treatment. Puzzles don't scare me and in fact are what make me look forward to every day in practice. But I also am a firm believer that prescription medications are not the answer for everything. Common sense is becoming also a proven fact that the pillars of health are good nutrition from whole, clean food, plenty of water, regular daily exercise and good sound sleep. However, I am also human and understand that life can get in the way but we just need to get back on track. Our physical health is also just a part of our health and our spiritual, emotional and mental health are just as important.

My training has been very focused on holistic health and I'm also a member of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. Environment plays a huge role in what we're exposed to and even effects how are genes will carry out their instructions. You can't pick your parents but you are also a unique individual and can overcome more than you think. I prefer to be positive and find negativity to be toxic but I can lend an ear when someone is in a dark place and try to help them see there is still hope.

I am interested in gardening organically, edible landscaping and I'm also a master gardener intern. I love running, biking and swimming and even completed an Ironman. I have a wonderful husband, daughter and step son that also keep me busy and we often go to Chicago on the weekends where we have a condo near Wrigley Field, the home of our beloved Cubs. Recently, I've been learning art from Jeanna Fearon, a local artist and art therapist. She has taught me appreciation for whatever your artistic expression may be and also how to let go and just express yourself. This was very therapeutic for me after my father passed away at almost 98 years of age in 2013 and my mother's health has began to decline. I'm an only child and will not have an easy time when my mom passes but enjoy her continued presence in my life and hope she'll be here still for awhile. She currently lives across the street and turns 90 next year. She's a tough woman despite her small size and has a solid faith in God that serves us all well.

My biggest concerns for the future of medicine is how rapidly we've had to assimilate the electronic medical record system and the separation of office and hospital medicine and how that will all have to integrate to still care for people and help them efficiently and hopefully improve their health not deter it.

Dr. Knight's Care Philosophy

My philosophy of care is also called "feminist medicine" but actually has nothing to do with your gender. It means that instead of telling my patients what to do, I educate them as best as I can and try to understand their unique needs and then we make decisions together. In addition, my style of medicine is to try the least risky and invasive approaches first and then go from there. So if you present with an acute musculoskeletal injury (like back pain) I would recommend chiropractic or therapy first and consider the least addictive medicines if still necessary and if that isn't working we try procedures but try to avoid surgery unless absolutely necessary.