Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Rebecca Knight, MD
I have been practicing for 18 years and can't believe how fast time has gone. I took over my practice from David Anzaldua and it was the first Integrative practice in Peoria before it was cool. Patients tell me that the biggest reason they came to my practice was for my diagnostic skills and because I never give up trying to find a cause and a successful treatment. Puzzles don't scare me and in fact are what make me look forward to every day in practice. But I also am a firm believer that prescription medications are not the answer for everything. Common sense is becoming also a proven fact that the pillars of health are good nutrition from whole, clean food, plenty of water, regular daily exercise and good sound sleep. However, I am also human and understand that life can get in the way but we just need to get back on track. Our physical health is also just a part of our health and our spiritual, emotional and mental health are just as important. My training has been very focused on holistic health and I'm also a member of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine. Environment plays a huge role in what we're exposed to and even effects how are genes will carry out their instructions. You can't pick your parents but you are also a unique individual and can overcome more than you think. I prefer to be positive and find negativity to be toxic but I can lend an ear when someone is in a dark place and try to help them see there is still hope. I am interested in gardening organically, edible landscaping and I'm also a master gardener intern. I love running, biking and swimming and even completed an Ironman. I have a wonderful husband, daughter and step son that also keep me busy and we often go to Chicago on the weekends where we have a condo near Wrigley Field, the home of our beloved Cubs. Recently, I've been learning art from Jeanna Fearon, a local artist and art therapist. She has taught me appreciation for whatever your artistic expression may be and also how to let go and just express yourself. This was very therapeutic for me after my father passed away at almost 98 years of age in 2013 and my mother's health has began to decline. I'm an only child and will not have an easy time when my mom passes but enjoy her continued presence in my life and hope she'll be here still for awhile. She currently lives across the street and turns 90 next year. She's a tough woman despite her small size and has a solid faith in God that serves us all well. My biggest concerns for the future of medicine is how rapidly we've had to assimilate the electronic medical record system and the separation of office and hospital medicine and how that will all have to integrate to still care for people and help them efficiently and hopefully improve their health not deter it.

Peoria Office

• Group Health Cooperative
  • HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Knight

My philosophy of care is also called "feminist medicine" but actually has nothing to do with your gender. It means that instead of telling my patients what to do, I educate them as best as I can and try to understand their unique needs and then we make decisions together. In addition, my style of medicine is to try the least risky and invasive approaches first and then go from there. So if you present with an acute musculoskeletal injury (like back pain) I would recommend chiropractic or therapy first and consider the least addictive medicines if still necessary and if that isn't working we try procedures but try to avoid surgery unless absolutely necessary.

Dr. Knight's Experience

Dr. Knight's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

• Pap Tests and Pelvic Exams
  • Physical Therapy
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Skin Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
  • Fellowship Was In Women's Health
    Other Education | Completed 1998
  • Massage Therapy
    Other Education | Completed 2001

Dr. Knight has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Knight does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knight and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Knight's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Knight to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Knight Says:

I suspect many of the less than excellent reviews came during our transition to EMR.  At the same time discovered that my staff were not making the transition and not helping with patient care. In 2010  I had to let everyone go and start over. I have consistently heard in the past 4 years rave reviews of my nurse Jessica that could draw blood out of a rock and my medical assistant Ian that...

Dr. Knight's Performance
Peoria, IL |
Unhappy! I was a previous patient. I was put on a month waiting list. My condition worsened. When I saw Dr. Knight, she talked about her medical problems, her mother's medical problems and gluten free diets but no help for me. I took myself to a prompt care facility after her visit. Prompt care was wonderful. I will now always have a physical problem since I did not receive timely care from Dr. Knight. My insurance did not pay her services due to her excessive costs and lack of diagnostic info.
in Effingham, IL |
Comprehensive care. Listens intently and cares about the individual.
Peoria Heights, IL |
Dr. Knight herself is very knowledgeable and helpful.I definitely feel like you have to be your own advocate with her though. You need to know what your specific concerns are and what you want treated as she does not delve much deeper. She is also often 1 hour behind. She is very friendly though. Unfortunately her office staff is the opposite. Her secretaries are often rude. I was released from the ER with instructions to follow up immediately with her and her secretaries would not fit me in.
in Peoria, IL |
Being a healthcare provider myself, I want a PCP that is highly educated and motivated by research. I also want a practitioner that I can discuss any concerns with and come to a treatment plan together. I love that Dr Knight met all of my wants when looking for a Primary Care Physician. The best part of being a patient of Dr Knight's is that she isn't just going to identify a concern and throw a prescription medication at it, but approach the issue with many treatment options.
in Macomb |
D Knight and her staff are extremely knowledgeable and helpful! I wish I would have found them sooner!
in peoria, il |
Very professional, friendly, courteous and caring. It was my first visit with her, and she made me feel welcomed. She was not in a rush to get me out of her office and allowed time for us to discuss any concerns.
in Peoria, IL |
Dr Knight is very caring and works very hard to deal with complicated medical issues. Though I have only seen her less than a year, I am confident in her expertise and skills. She identifying my problems that other doctors couldn't figure out.
in Peoria, IL |
Dr. Knight is the first doctor that has really tried very hard to figure out my symptoms. When other doctors would dismiss my symptoms, Dr. Knight took them very seriously. She took blood tests other doctors didn't or wouldn't take and knew how to interpret the results. The standard tests were normal, so the average doctor would not treat me and I would continue to suffer. She found the root to my problem based on the extra blood tests, knew how to interpret them, and treated me.
dr knight is extremely caring and knowledgeable. She explains things thoroughly and listens completely. She allows time for her visits and addresses concerns/issues. The staff is very nice and were able to draw my blood easily (some nurses have a hard time with my veins)
in Washington, IL |
Dr. Knight has been my primary physician for more than 5 years. She is good at explaining medical problems and the reasons for recommending a particular treatment or medication. She is very down to earth in her manner and I am continually impressed by her diagnostic abilities and how much knowledge she has at her fingertips and is ready to share to help me understand what I need to do to get better. Her staff is friendly and professional. I have never been this satisfied with a doctor before.
Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Knight, MD?
Are you Dr. Knight?