Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO

PediatricsFemaleAge 42

Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO is a Pediatrics Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI. She is affiliated with medical facilities Mercy Health Saint Mary's Campus and Spectrum Health Hospitals Butterworth Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Huizen to book an appointment.

Dr. Huizen

Butterworth Campus

100 Michigan St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Compare with other Pediatric Specialists

Compare Dr. Huizen with our nearby Pediatric Specialists at Spectrum Health.

Make an appointment at Spectrum Health today at (616) 287-6026.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Spectrum Health.

Dr. Huizen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Huizen

4.5

Dr. Huizen?
  • Listened & answered questions (14)
  • Office environment (14)
  • Appointment scheduling (13)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
We love our pediatrician, Dr. Huizen, who is both kind and knowledgeable as she supports my efforts to raise strong and healthy kids. Several prior doctors would make me feel belittled or intrusive for my healthcare choices and barely gave me any time to formulate an informed health plan that meets our family’s priorities and needs. This doctor instead makes me feel heard and confident as we work together to help my family thrive, presenting the options and recommendations without judgment.
Angela Hinkle in Grand Rapids, MI – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?
We've have seen a few pediatricians, and Dr. Huizen by far is our favorite! We will be sticking with her. She's caring and sees our child has a whole being, not just a medical diagnosis opportunity. She takes plenty of time to discuss needs and concerns and doesn't seem to be passing any judgement (unlike many pediatricians). We see her at the Christian Health Center and the office is lovely, spacious, and clean.
ROCKFORD – Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?
We are so grateful for Dr. Huizen's compassionate and knowledgable care from detecting the need for our 4-year-old's glasses, Vaseline that works better and is cheaper on his sensitive, dry skin than any other cream, thorough vaccine information (pro's/con's), natural methods of care when possible like using mineral oil, what to watch out for with headaches in our adolescent, and encouraging our 9-year-old to brush her teeth for two minutes. SO many reasons to be thankful for Dr. Huizen!
Marlana S in Rockford, MI – Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?
Exceptional! I'm in the medical field, and I have worked with many pediatricians. Also as a mother of four, I've experienced several offices. Unlike many offices, I'm given ample "doctor time." I don't feel foolish with my questions/concerns. In fact, I leave encouraged at the appointments. She partners with me to have my children succeed physically AND socially. It may be selfish, but visiting Dr. Huizen is as good for me as it is for my babies.
Grand Rapids, MI – Sep 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?
Dr. Huizen is an exceptional pediatrician. Our son sees her at Christian Healthcare Centers and we couldn't be more satisfied with her care and with the office as a whole. The office atmosphere is welcoming and peaceful, with friendly staff and a comfortable waiting area. Dr. Huizen's demeanor is extremely kind and caring, and the generous appointment times allows her to truly meet the needs of her patients. All questions were answered thoroughly and knowledgeably. We highly recommend her!
Grand Rapids, MI – Sep 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?
Dr. Huizen is a wonderful Christian doctor. She is sensitive and caring and a good listener. She takes the time that you need and seems to genuinely care.
Jenison, MI – Mar 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Huizen?

We strive to promote wellness spirit, soul and body for each family member.  We have prolonged appointment times and prioritize getting to know our patients thoroughly.

Rebecca is an experienced Christian pediatrician who highly values partnering with parents to promote wellness for their children- spirit, soul and body....Read more

• Pediatrics

2009
DeVos Chldns Hosp at Butterworth

Is Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO accepting new patients?

Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Huizen's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Huizen accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO's top areas of care?

Dr. Huizen frequently treats Electrocardiogram (EKG), Gonorrhea Screening, and HIV Screening. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Huizen treats.

Where is Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO's office located?

Dr. Huizen's office is located at 100 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO offer telehealth services?

Dr. Huizen has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Rebecca Huizen, DO?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check if Dr. Huizen treats your condition or procedure