Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 65

Psychiatry

Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Kirkland, WA. She is affiliated with Swedish Cherry Hill Campus. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD
10526 Ne 68th St Ste 101 Kirkland, WA 98033 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Bay's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bay's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Bay performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Bay performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of her peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Bay performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Bay's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • PTSD Treatment
  • Suboxone® Treatment
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Bay accepts

Dr. Bay accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bay

3.3

Dr. Bay

Saved my life
Dr. Bay literally saved my life. After being over medicated leaving Fairfax, I was experiencing uncontrollable drooling, which Dr. Bay immediately recognized as inability to swallow - an allergic reaction to a med I was on, and corrected it. Back to normal in 2 days. Since I’ve worked with Dr. Bay for the last 2 years, and she had kept me on the straight and narrow with my condition. She makes sure to gather the whole picture on every check up and works with you for the appropriate course of action. She is able to identify and correct for negative reactions, and is incredibly knowledgeable and fact driven when it comes to prescribing new medication. Highly highly recommend.
Blair V Ballard – May 11, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay did not professionally handle transition of care, nor respect my kiddo. At first my kiddo was happy with Erinn King but then, after gaining trust in verbal therapy an email came to state all appointments were dropped... There was NO communication that Erinn was no longer with them (that was explained DURING the 1st appointment with Dr. Bay that *WE PAID FOR*. That first appointment with Dr. Bay was rushed, REPEATED virtually everything that was said/shared to date (i.e. A WASTE OF TIME HAD SHE DONE HER HOMEWORK AND READ THE FILE). It didn't address the client abandonment repercussions, and was thus a highly unprofessional (two other psychiatrists agreed it was mismanaged), and irresponsible. Dr. Bay failed. What progress that had been made was LOST. AVOID BINNACLE & DR. BAY!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Mary – Oct 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
She is my therapist and i love to have her..
Ozge Caglar – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr Rebecca Bay refused to comply with HIPAA regulations. After hours wasted on my part, she finally agreed to follow the law and then retaliated by discharging me from her clinic for asserting my rights. The rest of the story is more personal, but I was put at medical risk by Dr Bay and faced bigoted comments and assumptions at intake. I wish I'd heeded the red flags at the start.
Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
I had an extremely disappointing experience with this doctor. I really wonder how she can call herself a doctor. First off all, as other people have mentioned, there is no privacy whatsoever in her waiting room. I felt like she didn't connect to what I was saying and didn't really listen very well. She typed way too much without making barely any eye contact with me. She then kept having computer problems which kept interrupting our session. Complete waste of my time (and money). Doctors are supposed to be caring and compassionate. She also needs to have a more professional office assistant instead of hiring Britney Spears.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
It took a while for me to review my experience at this place because I was really at the bottom of my hope, recovering of an awfully bad event that happened in my life and I did not want to be unfair with this doctor. I did not find the help that I needed with her. It was my first time with a Psychiatrist and I still think how weird everything was from day one. In my first appointment she had somebody else, a student, together with us (not sure why I said yes but it was extremely uncomfortable. Then she prescribed the same medication that I used to take for depression - but triple dose and went to travel (???) It seems for me that she was always offering the TMS treatment and not sure of what my problem was, what made me much more anxious (or maybe I had no idea how Psychiatry works). She was very distant, kind of disconnected with my case. There was no privacy in the waiting room - at all - and there was always something wrong with my Bill. Finally, I decided to find help in another
Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr Bay has helped me through the impact of traumatic job loss, chronic illness and ptsd. She helped me compose appeals for disability, and find all the resources I needed to face this - medically, legally and psychologically. I have had depression and anxiety for decades, but my meds were no longer effective, and she immediately took me off some that weren’t appropriate, added one, and that helped a lot. I see her once a month now, and look forward to our appointments. Dr Bay is amazingly kind and I highly recommend her.
Kim Croswhite in Kenmore – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
The clinic needs an update from the waiting room ( you have no privacy at all) to the billing department (there was always something wrong with my bill). Dr Bay seems distant and I felt that she used her laptop as a shield in between us. It seems she works for some people but it did not work for me. The therapists and other professionals that work at this place are nice. In her defense: I was extremely depressed and in need of special care. I wish I had research more before seeing her...
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Weighs you every appointment, even if it's distressing from a prior eating disorder. Has such a small office space and multiple sound machines are going, which stressed my ptsd. The Dr. didn't seem warm or like she wanted to hear why I didn't want to take sleep medication. Dr. was "too busy" when I was in crisis, canceling a scheduled phone call. What good is emergency care services when they aren't there for one?
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Bellevue, WA – Aug 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr.Bay to anyone looking for an exceptional Psychiatrist in the state of Washington.
Bellevue, WA – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay is wonderful. She is very knowledgeable, patient and kind. I would recommend her to family and friends.
Apr 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay has been the perfect fit for me. She truly cares about what you’re going through and wants you to get better, with the least amount of medication. She is incredibly intelligent and her staff is fantastic!
Shannon in Kirkland, WA – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay is the most compassionate health care provider. I have dealt with depressions, PTSD and alcoholism. She has never given up and has always looked for treatments that would be successful. She is by FAR the best medical professional I have ever had contact with.
Mary Ann Lucas in Kirkland, WA – Aug 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay has really listened to my issues, when literally everyone else had dismissed my concerns. She gave me the benefit of the doubt, and there was plenty of room for doubt! She then gave me the single most important thing I've ever received, in the form of a question: Is it possible that he's anti-social? That question changed my life, helped me distinguish between what was real and what was not, & to perceive how"what was not" in no way meant I was"crazy". She saved me.
Kirkland, WA – Jul 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay was super in helping me understand my problem. She listened intently and diagnosed my situation quite accurately. She helped me straighten my life out. Basically, she was a life saver as well. Thank you.
Alesha in Seattle WA – Jul 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay has been working with me for over a year. I?ve found her to be professional, caring and very interested in my well being. I wouldn?t be alive today if it were not for her knowledge and persistent desire to help me improve. She has helped me with my mental health and addiction, a very versatile doctor. I am blessed to have her in my life.
Teresa A in Mountlake Terrace, WA – Jul 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr Bay is an excellent psychiatrist. She is very good at understanding my situation, giving advice and listening. She understands me.
Mark in Mill Creek, WA – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay is more than a prescriber, she is a great listener! She helped me when I thought help was not possible. I am forever grateful for her kindness and expertise, and I highly recommend her to others who struggle with mental illness.
Marie R. in Kirkland, WA – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay is awesome. She has been so beneficial to myself and my family. I can't thank her enough.
Bothell, WA – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?
Dr. Bay was patient and trustworthy during our interactions. She cleared the way for me to help me see what was going on. I am much better thanks to her. I would use her again if need be.
Renee in Seattle, WA – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rebecca Bay, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bay?