Dr. Raymond Walls, MD

Dr. Walls
Telehealth services available

Yale New Haven Hospital

800 Howard Ave New Haven, CT 06519

Dr. Raymond Walls, MD is a Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialist in New Haven, CT. He is affiliated with medical facilities Greenwich Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Walls to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Walls is affiliated with Greenwich Hospital Greenwich, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Walls' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Sever's Disease

Dr. Walls accepts

Dr. Walls accepts the following insurance:

Access Blue New England Network-CT
Oxford Health Plans HMO

Dr. Walls' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Walls

Dr. Walls?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (35)
  • Listened & answered questions (35)
  • Staff friendliness (35)
  • Long wait times (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
I broke my ankle in March of 2019. An orthopedic surgeon operated on it March 9, 2019. After 18 months of pain and being told by a second surgeon that I was not a candidate for an ankle replacement only a fusion I went to Dr. Walls. He was a breath of fresh air. Without hesitation he showed me the different types of ankle replacements and what he would recommend. He performed the surgery in December of 2020 (which took him 10 hours) and now I have absolutely no pain in my ankle. This doctor is very personable and skilled and I would highly recommend him.
Thomas Francis – May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls was amazing! He was a second opinion for my mom’s fracture in her ankle. He was very diligent in making sure he went through the steps of alternatives to surgery. Ultimately surgery was the only answer. My mom is more than happy with the service Dr. Walls has provided. The pain she felt for just over a year was gone. Now shes working on rehabing the ankle and working through the pain of the actual surgery. She is beyond satisfied with Dr. Walls. She would recommend to all who need a foot/ankle specialist. 10/10 overall! Bravo Dr. Walls.
Carla Couvertier and Family – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls was amazing from start to finish. He clearly explained my options for repairing my fully ruptured Achilles’ tendon. He listened to my concerns and helped me to keep things in perspective. After a successful surgery, he was always available to promptly answer my questions. He was encouraging and patient. As an athletic 30 year old who had just experienced a severe injury and felt as though my world had ended, he had a wealth of experiences to share and kept me optimistic about my future. Just 6 months after surgery I was back on the golf course. I would highly recommend Dr. Walls!
C. G. – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Wall’s was referred to me by a friend who highly recommended him for helping her with a severe club foot problem. I sought help from Dr. Walls after I had a horrific outcome from a foot surgery performed by another doctor. I had extensive damage and was in severe pain. In addition, I had gone from a size 7 to a size 9 on that foot. From the moment I met Dr. Walls, I was impressed with the time and meticulous attention given to me. Dr. Walls and his team performed a 7 hour surgery to remove broken implants and wires, and correct a severe bunion and hammer toes. My prior surgery took 2 hours to create the disaster that Dr. Walls fixed. My foot is back to my normal size, I have no pain, am able to do all of the activities that I love, such as running and cycling. For this, I am forever grateful. Dr. Walls’ expertise in this complex orthopedic field is unsurpassed. And I must say, he is the warmest and nicest person with whom you may ever interact. He is simply OUTSTANDING!
Elaine Law – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Second time having surgery with this phenomenal Dr. Very Knowledgable, and honest. Great bedside manner.
Charmaine Slater – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls is simply fantastic. Knowledgeable (offers care/plan options!), caring (truly interested), attentive (he listens!), human (a wonderful person who happens to be a top-notch orthopedic surgeon!). I am so grateful to have received his care and I cannot recommend Dr Walls more highly.
Jan Z – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls is an excellent foot surgeon and caring physician. He is very thorough in his explanations of the diagnosis and therapies. After my surgery, he explained the entire procedure to my husband, which my husband appreciated. At each of my follow-up appointments, Dr. Walls once again took the time to ensure that I was comfortable with the original surgery and healing process.
Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
My 17 year old daughter had severe pain and swelling in her feet since she was 6 years old. Wasn't able to run short distances, participate in gym or even walk around track at school. If she had a long day at school, she would literally crawl up stairs because pain was so bad. She has seen orthopedic doctors, an RA doctor (put her on RA MEDS!!!), podiatrist, had custom inserts, physical therapy and no diagnosis. I was so frustrated that I called Dr. Wall after reading his background online. At the time, she was 15 almost 16 and after having Cat scans and MRI on Both feet, he confirmed her feet were deformed, had bone spurs and needed surgery on both feet. Took about a year but its been six months since her final surgery and she no longer suffers with pain and swelling. Dr. Wall is very patient and explained in detail the procedures before and after surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Wall and want to thank him for curing my daughter.
Laurie Dillon – Sep 28, 2019
Excellent.
Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
As a former competitive Irish Step Dancer, I was delighted to get an appointment with Dr. Walls. It is well worth anyone's time to see this specialist, as he will impart meaningful dialogue unique to your injury. Make no bones about it, you are safe in this wonderful doctor's hands!
Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls treated me for three dislocated toes, severe bunion and an infection. He listened and worked collaboratively with my RA doctor to coordinate treatment and surgery. I went from experiencing severe foot pain on a daily basis to no pain whatsoever after Dr. Walls performed 6 hour surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Walls for his attention to detail and care with his patients.
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
I hurt my ankle nearly three years ago. By the time I met Dr. Walls, I had already seen three other doctors. Dr. Walls was the first one to actually dedicate himself to my full recovery. We pursued different treatment options, including an injection and later diagnostic tests, before ultimately landing on surgery. After years of disappointment, I am completely pain-free thanks to Dr. Walls. I can't thank him or recommend him highly enough.
Apr 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
He was thorough in explaining my issue but quick to recommend invasive surgery with long recovery-would have to stop meds that help me function. Advised no PT. I started a strong medication for inflammation& went to 2nd ortho- last resort 2nd opinion. 2nd ortho-more of wait& see attitude& gave me order for PT. Better than jumping into surgery& 1 month later started PT, 2 months into PT d/ced brace & now full ROM/no pain. Dr. Walls is probably a good surgeon but more conservative worked for me.
Apr 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls is professional, knowledgeable, talented and skilled. He performed surgery to stabilize my lisfranc injury (mid foot). Being a performer I was terrified that I wouldn’t be able to function normally again. With his cool head and confident demeanor he assured me that I would be just fine which put me at ease. He thoroughly explained my injury and what was needed, showing me the x-rays. Surgery was scheduled for right away and 36 weeks post-op I am doing better than great! Swelling is c
Mar 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls saved my life. He gave me back the quality of life that I was missing for so many years. I suffered for so long with a flat foot deformity. My right foot had a totally collapsed arch. Pain was a way of life, until I saw Dr Walls. We first tried Physical Therapy and new orthodics. After a year , surgery was inevitable. I had a triple arthrodesis procedure. The road to recovery was long, but so worth it!!! Don't live in pain, see Dr. Walls for help. He is also a sweetheart ??
Bernadette Dawn Aloia in North Haven, CT – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls performed surgery on my ruptured achilles tendon. He did an excellent job and I am completely recovered. He is a doctor who truly listens to you and really cares about you and your concerns. He will answer hundreds of questions patiently. Dr. Walls was highly recommended to me and I highly recommend him to anyone who needs his services.
Anna McDonnell in Bethany – Sep 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
I rate my experience with Dr. Walls a 10/10. Amazing surgeon and a really great guy as well. Also a river dancer with is undoubtedly a good thing.
Rob in CT – Sep 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
I am extremely satisfied with my foot surgery performed by Dr. Walls. I have severely deformed feet, with extremely high arches, with pain everyday. I am a college athlete, so although playing was not my first priority, Dr. Walls made it one. My surgery was extremely long and difficult and he did an amazing job. I had a great recovery and I am very thankful to be pain free and able to play my sport again. I would highly recommend Dr. Walls to anyone with a foot problem!
Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
My husband had several ankle surgeries due to a serious fall. Dr. Walls was the only one who made his ankle fuse therefore helping him to walk again with no pain. His expertise and genuine caring of the patient is highly acknowledged. I would recommend this knowledgeable, kind and genuine doctor who is not afraid to consult with other colleagues in order to give the best outcome to the patient. He has made my husband have quality of life again,
John Longobardi – Aug 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?
Dr. Walls is a very kind and knowledgeable physician who took the time to explain the physiology of my orthopedic condition and answer all the question I had without making me feel like I was taking up his time.
Nestor in Bridgeport, CT – Aug 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Walls, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Walls?

Dr Walls practices evidence-based medicine, combining the latest clinical research with patient-specific values to develop individualized treatment...Read more

Dr Raymond Walls is a Board Certified Orthopaedic surgeon with specialist Fellowship training in Foot and Ankle surgery.  He has received extensive...Read more

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery