Dr. Raymond Walkup, MD

Dr. Raymond Walkup, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Male
75 reviews

An Alabama native, Dr. Walkup completed his undergraduate degree at Florida State University, where he graduated magna cum laude and received numerous academic honors. He went on to complete medical school at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Before finishing his neurosurgical residency at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. Walkup performed an orthopaedic spine surgery rotation at Emory Orthopaedics and Spine Center, where he received training in the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques for spine and cranial disorders. Polaris Spine & Neurosurgery welcomed Dr. Walkup to the practice in 2011. He continues to publish and contribute to spine and cranial research in addition to participating in national education conferences. Dr. Walkup has blazed the trail of innovation in the area of minimally invasive spine surgery, with the skills he honed throughout his six year neurosurgery residency at Emory University. He is passionate about using new technologies to preserve muscle and nerve integrity....See Less

Polaris Spine & Neurosurgery Center

1150 Hammond Dr Ste 400

Atlanta, GA 30328

Learn about Dr. Walkup

Polaris Spine & Neurosurgery delivers premium care with a personal touch across the full spectrum of brain and spine care needs. Since our inception in 1979 as Peachtree Neurosurgery, we’ve been recognized for having innovative technologies and treatment plans that help people return to doing what they love to do with as little interruption to their lives as possible. Surgery is always the last option we consider. This progressive approach continues with our new Spine Wellness Center—a hub for innovative physical medicine and rehabilitation treatments, including aquatic and physical therapy; and with our on-site Outpatient Surgery Center, an advanced facility designed to provide exceptional levels of care. All our surgeons, specialists and personal patient coordinators expertly navigate you from initial appointment and diagnosis through treatment plan completion, enabling everyone in our care to benefit from a unique, personalized path to spinal health.

Dr. Walkup's Experience

Dr. Walkup's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Walkup does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cervical Disc Degeneration

• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Florida State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • University of Alabama at Birmingham - M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Walkup has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Walkup has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Walkup does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Walkup and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Walkup's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Walkup to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Walkup's Performance
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr Walkup was personable, concerned and able to quickly diagnose my condition. He was also able to schedule me for surgery quickly, which was great considering the pain I was in. My recovery was better than I expected and I have no doubt that was due to his skill in the surgery itself.
Super nice guy but doesn't seem to have enough experience. Beware of nurse practitioner Tracey. She was a train wreck and super rude.
in Smyrna, GA |
I visited this doctor today on a referral from my Dr. was seen by a MA and the doctor didn't examine me at all. He did nothing. Told me basically there was nothing wrong and baffled by my pain since the MRI was clear making me feel stupid. I asked him why I was in pain and he stared at me like I was delusional. It took me over a month to get an appt for nothing!! I have never felt so embarrassed. I wasted my time my money for his 2 minute opinion of nothing. He sent me away with a good luck.
in Marietta, GA |
Initially exp was good. My lower back L2 - S1 was fused. About 1 yr Iater I still had pain and went to see Dr. Walkup. L2/L3 had not fused. Second surgery now spanning T10 - S1. After surgery the nurses moved me in bed and I heard/felt something move in my back. At T10 the rod had come out of the screw. Another surgery found that the cap on the screw was loose - along with 9 others. I fell recently and called for an appointment to be told they no longer take Medicare - poor communications
in Atlanta, GA |
Scheduling an urgent appointment with the Doctor and not the PA was almost impossible. Not sure what we pay insurance for if we cannot get the service required.
Have you seen Dr. Raymond Walkup, MD?

Visit Dr. Walkup