Dr. Raymond W. Kordonowy, MD

Dr. Raymond W. Kordonowy, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 52 years old

28 reviews| Leave a review

I believe in the empowerment of my patients to maintain their health. I personally evaluate and treat all of my patients. From ordering the proper diagnostic tests, to matching you with appropriate specialists, in my office, you get the personal care you deserve. Being trained in the field of Internal Medicine, I fervently believe in the old saying 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'. Founder Cypress Medical Consultants LLC- Developer of the Inpatient Advocate Service TMRead more

Personal Bio

Education Residency Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL 1990-1993 Residency Physician,...Read more

Dr. Kordonowy's Experience

See how Dr. Kordonowy's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kordonowy

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Kordonowy has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kordonowy
Dr. Kordonowy's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (26)
Dr. Kordonowy Says:

Patient surveys can be very helpful to consumers and I encourage you to provide useful and honest feedback about your care in my practice.  Being a solo private practice physician I will take any constructive criticism to heart.  If you have a service complaint I would welcome you to report this to my office staff and management directly via our email option or a phone call.

in Ft Myers, Fl. |
Dr Kordonowy is such a caring, brilliant man. He cares about his patients with utmost concern, knowledge and experience. Dr "K" will lets me know if things arent right and suggests changes, diet, exercise, whatever it takes to keep me on my game and in the best shape possible. With his coaching I am close to 30 pounds down, a bit more to go, feeling great..People ask "What's changed, you look really good & so happy" I give Dr "K" the credit, he's very encouraging, great guy!
in Cape Coral, FL |
We feel that Dr Kordonowy always takes the the time to make sure he follows up on any issue that his patients may have . I personally suffered a serious condition. He continuously ordered the tests that were needed ; he got to the bottom of my promblem. He even called my husband each morning to check on my condition . My family can not say enough about him & his staff . I do hope I'm not embarrassing him but to myself & my family He'sa #1 Doctor ! I 'm not sure if all his patients know how much
in Naples, FL |
Dr. K is hands down the best doctor I've been to. He took the time to problem solve my health issues with me and found the cause of my problems which my previous doctor and specialists had missed. A true life saver!
Have you seen Dr. Raymond W. Kordonowy, MD?
Are you Dr. Kordonowy?

Residency         Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL 1990-1993

Residency Physician, Internal Med. Residency Program

M.D.                University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS

1986-1990

B.G.S.               University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS

1982-1986 BGS Chemistry

•   Physician Owner-Internal Medicine, Lipid & Wellness Practice of Fort Myers PLLC

•   Physician Partner - Internal Medicine of Southwest Florida, Fort Myers, FL

01/ 1,2015- Present

09/1998-12/31/2014

•   Physician Employee – Princeton Medical Group. Fort Myers, FL

1997 – 1998

•   Physician Employee – Colombia Regional Hospital. Fort Myers, FL

1994 – 1997

•   Associate Physician – Simmons &Gesiotto P.A.

1993 – 1994

•   Resident Physician – Orlando Regional Medical Center

1990 – 1993

Publications/Presentations

•   3rd Party Free Practice: Transitioning During the Health Care Reform Era in Private Practice- AAPS Orlando Thrive, Not Just Survive Summit

•   Presentation – "Management of the Patient with Chronic Kidney Disease"- NLA Summer Clinical Update, Orlando, FL

1/29/20016

3/3/2010

•   Presentation- "Familial Hypercholesterolemia and the Role of LDL Aphoresis

10/4//2007

Research Experience

•   Site Supervisor- Registry to Evaluate Anticoagulation in Atrial Fibrillation

Sept 2010-Aug 2011

Licenses, Memberships, and Honors

•   Member- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons

•   Member – American Medical Association

•   Member- Delegate of Lee County Medical Society and Florida Medical Association

•   Member – American College of Physicians

•   Elected Chief Resident for 1992-1993, ORMC

•   University of Kansas Dean's Honor Roll 8 Semesters

Interests

• Clinical Interests – Clinical Lipidology
  • Other Interests - Consulting Offers, Expertise Requests, Speaking Engagements, Patient advocacy, Economics in Health Care, Blogging- The Doctor's Report
  • Hobbies – Reading, Fitness & Running, Music

Dr. Kordonowy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kordonowy says...

I utilize advanced lipid testing to assist in the most in-depth method of assessing cardiovascular risk. Utilizing this information I can assist patients in intelligently understanding their risk factors for heart attack as well as ways to lower that risk.

I am the "Doctor's doctor".  Many physicians in the area see me for their medical care.  I am a thorough historian and look at the whole person when assessing a medical complaint.

I diagnose and  manage most common medical conditions.  I can assist you in determining the need and benefit of specialty referral when it is appropriate.

I am very comfortable taking care of most medical problems and assess patients with various organ system illnesses. I have a good network of excellent colleagues that I can call upon when/if the need arises.

I am a fierce patient advocate which is now more than ever necessary in the complex health care system in Lee county and the United States in general.

Dr. Kordonowy says...

I am the only board certified Clinical Lipidologist in the Fort Myers community.

Dr. Kordonowy says...

Dr. Kordonowy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Kordonowy has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kordonowy's Board Certifications

Orlando Regional Medical Center

Completed in 1993

University of Kansas

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Kordonowy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kordonowy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Clinical Lipidology