Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Raymond Kim, MD
Committed to providing patients with surgical expertise and knowledge, Dr. Kim specializes in adult reconstruction, primary knee and hip replacements, revisions for knee and hip replacements as well as anterior hip replacements, knee arthroscopy, sports medicine, and ligament reconstruction. Dr. Kim was awarded the prestigious John Insall Award for research on total knee replacements and was named as one of the top 22 knee surgeons in the U.S. by Orthopedics This Week. Dr. Kim has written numerous research orthopedic related articles and presented findings at orthopedic related conferences. He also regularly provides patient seminars on various topics related to hip and knee replacement, arthroplasty and arthritis. Dr. Kim received undergraduate degrees in both biomedical and electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md., and his medical degree from Marshall University School of Medicine in Huntington, W.Va. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, Minn. and the Insall Scott Kelly Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Adult Reconstruction in New York, N.Y.

181 W Meadow Dr Ste 400

Vail, CO 81657

Dr. Raymond Kim, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim is committed to providing patients with surgical expertise combined with sports medicine knowledge.

Dr. Kim's Experience

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Kim does not have any board certifications listed.

• Gout

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Johns Hopkin U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Joan C Edwards School Of Medicine At Marshall University
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Mayo Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Insall, Scott Kelly Inst Ortho & Sports Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Kim has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
Dr. Kim's Performance
in Steamboat Springs, CO |
We highly recommend Dr. Kim. He replace my right knee 3 years ago and my husbands right knee 6 months ago. Both experiences were "excellent" surgically and with the desired "end results". My husband healed quicker than the typical 6 weeks. And I, despite 40 years of atrophy in my right leg, took 8 months to fully receive ideal range for ideal daily use. I now hike, mountain bike and enjoy range of motion that gives me recreational joy that I have not experienced for so long.
Littleton, CO |
Dr. Kim is the most caring and thorough professional we have ever met. His work is of high quality and we would and have recommended him to our friends, family and even strangers who ask us about my knee surgery. We found Dr. Kim to be a great listener when we were explaining our knee issues.
Denver, CO |
I have recommended him many times. I even trusted him with my husband's hip replacement.
in Lakewood, CO |
I had 2 total hip replacements, left and right in '08 & '09, 10 weeks apart. Dr. Kim & his staff were fabulous. Have recommended him repeatedly. Great listener, answers questions, did regular hospital visits, and his office and hospital facility are 1st rate. B4 surgeries, had severe pain & on crutches 24/7. No hip pain right away post-surgeries, great recovery, great mobility now after working through being bent over and rigid for years. Appreciate his manner and skill.
in Brighton, CO |
Dr. Kim and his staff took excellent care of me and my bad knee.
in Golden, CO |
Excellent surgeon. Good communicator
in Aspen, CO |
In March, 2014 Dr Kim performed a double knee replacement. Recovery took 8-10 weeks. Hiking/skiing Highlands Bowl - with absolutely zero pain. Stretching almost fully in yoga class (but can't totally bend knees - yet!). My advice - if you are a candidate, do not hesitate to get knees fixed asap. Dr. Kim is extremely skilled and I am so very grateful for his expertise.
in Denver, CO |
I had TKRs performed by Dr. Kim on both knees in 2015 (March and November). Both knees are doing Great! I am able to walk several miles a day and ride a recumbent bike for an hour or more. (Put in the time on your PT!). Dr. Kim is one of the best surgeons in the country and really cares about his patients. He listens to your concerns and doesn't give you the 'bum's rush' which is so typical of most surgeons. He is absolutely the best you could have.
in Aurora, CO |
Dr Kim has been my surgeon for not one but two total knee replacement operations. The right on 9-15-15 and the left on 12-15-15. I still have a good bit of rehab in my future but all initial signs are that I'm going to have a far less painful and arthritic future to look forward to. Very, very well pleased.
Have you seen Dr. Raymond Kim, MD?
Are you Dr. Kim?

Visit Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • HealthFirst