Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD

Dr. Haroun
Telehealth services available

Maryland Spine Specialists

11055 Little Patuxent Pkwy Ste L1 Columbia, MD 21044

Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Columbia, MD. Dr. Haroun has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Saint Agnes Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Haroun to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Columbia

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Haroun accepts

Dr. Haroun accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 81% more than their peers

Dr. Haroun treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Spondylosis

Dr. Haroun treats Spondylosis more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Haroun treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Haroun treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Haroun treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

• Ear Disorders
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD...

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Haroun's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Haroun

Dr. Haroun?
What People Say About Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD
Excellent. I made a decision to have microsurgery on my lower back to address a pinch nerve at L-4 vertebrae. Dr. Haroun evaluated all other causes, including referral to a neurologist, and discussed options to surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Haroun if you are experiencing any severe pain and numbness in back/neck/extremities.
Joseph Anderson – Mar 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Knowledgeable! Caring! Excellent care!
Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
The very first doctor I saw for my back injury 15 months ago indicated surgery may be necessary at some point. I remember laughing out loud and thinking no way that is ever going to happen. Well all these months later after trying all the recommendations including steroids, physical therapy, multiple injections manual physical therapy, yoga, chiropractic care, you name it, I was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Haroun. Surgically you will not find anyone more skilled. Then add his wonderful personality and availability to his patients and you will not find a better combination. If you work with Dr. Haroun and Megan there is no reason to be afraid of back surgery. Get your life back, I am so happy that I did.
Karen R. – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I had major sciatica pain from a herniated disc. I was in constant pain and nothing seemed to relieve the pain. Dr. Haroun was quick to diagnose the problem. I had surgery and immediately was relieved of the pain. It was nothing short of a miracle for me. His PA, Megan Sisbarro, and the staff at the surgical center are all amazing - very sympathetic and professional. It's been 3 months since surgery and still feeling great!
DF – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I was in pain far longer than I needed to be because of fear. If I had known then what I know now, it could have saved me months of chronic nerve pain. Dr. Haroun and his PA, Megan Sisbarro, are not just genuinely nice people, they are extremely skilled at what they do. My ACDF surgery with this team was miraculous. The first thing I noticed when I woke up after surgery was the absence of the nerve pain I had been fighting for so long. It was just gone! My recovery was uncomplicated and I am back to living my life pain free. If this sounds like a story you would like to tell, I urge you to talk to them. I am so very happy that I did!
Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Haroun performed a neck fusion on me in 2016. I was back to work in 2 weeks and healed beautifully. I got several opinions and far preferred Dr.Haroun and his team for both their approach and high standards of excellence.
Mar 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
The thought of a fusion at C5 & C6 scared the heck out of me. It was something that had to be done and Dr Haroun and Megan, PA, are by far the best choice in a surgeon that I could of made. They were the 4th surgeon that I consulted with, they listened to me and thoroughly reviewed my history in great detail, from there we developed a plan. Today I have NO pain and the surgery was exactly what was discussed with Dr Haroun and Megan, HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR HAROUN AND MEGAN AND THE SURGERY!!!!
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Raymond Haroun performed back surgery on me in November 2018 due to me suffering with sciatica. The sciatica negatively impacted my daily lifestyle temporarily. Since the surgery I can truly say that I feel Fantastic ! I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Haroun & Megan. C. Satchell
C. Satchell in Baltimore, MD – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
After a bicycling injury, I experienced crippling pain down my right leg that was diagnosed as lumbar stenosis. Steroid injections and physical therapy provided only partial relief. I was reluctant to undergo surgery, but I found Dr. Haroun to be very thorough and conservative in his recommendations. Two years after the injury, I underwent microdecompression surgery by Dr. Haroun. The improvement was immediate and dramatic. I can walk upright again without pain.
William Bracey in Columbia, MD – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
20 year ago I injured my lower back rebuilding a old stone wall. I was bed ridden for 2 weeks then gradually I adjusted to walking over the next year. MRI imagery has now advanced to a point where spinal injury can readily be seen, there is no more guess work as in the past. My surgery was done as an out patient and took 2 hours where I walked to the car. It has been 2 months since the surgery and I still feel great. Thank you Dr. Haroun !
Marty – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I can’t recommend Dr. Haroun enough! I suffered from debilitating sciatic pain and tried every treatment option out there but nothing worked. Two months ago Dr. Haroun performed a discectomy and I have been PAIN FREE ever since! Not only is Dr. Haroun a skilled surgeon but he surrounds himself with a top-notch staff. Everyone at his surgery center is amazing. I am back to work and running my kids around to all of their activities. Normalcy never felt so good!
Dotty in Columbia, MD – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr.Haroun figured out the severity of my pain It was scary. My neck affected my hands and I'd wake up in severe pain and at the same time it was numb. I would have to wait ten minutes for my hand to return to normal. Dr. Haroun figured what it was and fixed it. I have severe spinal issues and Dr. Haroun has been great to help me have a life. I hate living in pain. Dr. Haroun and other specialists have worked together to help ease the pain so I can go back to work. Great staff as well.
Ms. Rodriquez in Columbia , MD – Sep 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr Haroun is a very kind and caring doctor! He identified my neurological issue, C4/5, C6/7 herniated discs and skillfully repaired these areas of my neck with cervical fusions. I have a high confidence level in Dr Haroun and his staff and that does not come easy from me. I can be a very challenging patient and Dr Haroun and his staff provided me the comfort level I needed to move forward with the surgery. You will be in excellent hands should you need a neurological surgery.
Michele Sanders in Pasadena, MD – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I've had three back surgeries in the past seven years due to degenerative disc disease. These past surgeries have brought me great relief and they are doing well. Due to a new issue in another part of my spine, I had to find another qualified neurosurgeon that I felt comfortable with as I did with the previous neurosurgeon who has since retired. In my research on Dr. Haroun I found that he is a respected and qualified neurosurgeon. The surgery he performed on me has brought me great relief.
May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
In January of 2018, I went to Dr Haroun to obtain a second opinion. I had been advised to have lumbar spinal fusion surgery as I had been in continuous acute pain since early November of 2017. Dr Haroun and his staff conducted a through evaluation and concluded that I was a canedidate for a much less invasive procedure called Lumbar Disc Microsurgery. I was able to go into their Video Library and see exactly what that intailed. In February the deed was done and I have been pain free ever since.
Mike McCall in Silver Spring – Apr 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Haroun and his staff to all my family and friends. His kindness and explanation of all that I needed was well appreciated.
Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Haroun is amazing! I had pain running down my right leg for over a year caused by a cyst in between my L4 and L5 . After reviewing my MRI and X-Rays surgery was suggested. I was nervous at first and he made me feel very comfortable and took the time to explain the entire process to me and answer any questions i had. My pain is gone and the surgery was a success. He is a true doctor and spends the time necessary with you. Makes you feel like you are his only patient. 5 stars all around
Merton Schulze in Pasadena MD – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Before becoming a patient of Dr. Haroun's I was constantly in pain and discomfort with a deeply herniated disc in my lower back, I had tried several different conventional methods (cortisone shots and physical therapy) without any significant changes.; but after meeting Dr.Haroun & hearing the options available to me ; I have to note that Dr. Haroun’s detailed explanation of what the surgery & recovery would entail really impressed me. I am feeling 95% better. Dr. Haroun was a godsend ??
Odette Robinson in Pikesville Md – Jan 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
FROM THE INITIAL WORKUP THROUGH SURGERY AT THE SURGICAL CENTER, I WAS TREATED WITH GREAT PROFESSIONALISM, COURTESY AND KINDNESS. I WAS MADE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT MY PROCEDURE, RISKS AND REHABILITATION. THE SURGICAL CENTER WAS NEW AND MADE TO MIMIC A HOSPITAL SETTING. THE DOCTOR'S SUPPORTING MY OPERATION WERE INCREDIBLE. THIS WAS A VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE. THAN YOU
RONALD MILLER in Baltimore, MD 21229 – Jan 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Haroun and staff and I would highly recommend his practice-I met with Dr. H in severe pain due to a herniated disc putting pressure on the sciatic nerve-Dr. H recommended lower lumbar decompression surgery-It was the best decision I ever made-going from pain of an 8, 3 hours of sleep a night, walking with a cane, to virtually pain free. I have been on a lifting restriction for 8 wks and meeting with Dr. H for my 2nd f/u appt for next steps to resume activities
Matthew Sherman in Ellicott City – Jan 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Haroun?

We provide comprehensive spine care that is based on a culture of compassion, accessibility, and technical skill. Over the past twenty years, we have developed the clinical judgment to determine how to best treat spine problems. Our approach is simpl...

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Thomas Jefferson University
Johns Hopkins University School Med

More Information

• Does Dr. Haroun communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Haroun communicates via email

• Does Dr. Haroun offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Haroun offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Haroun offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Haroun offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Haroun have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Haroun has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Haroun offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Haroun offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Haroun offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Haroun offers evening visits