Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD

Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians and Surgeons in 1994 and specializes in neurosurgery and orthopedic spine surgery.Read his story

3407 Wilkens Ave Ste 250

Baltimore, MD 21229

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Haroun's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Haroun's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Haroun treats Chronic Neck Pain more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Haroun treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Spondylosis

Dr. Haroun treats Spondylosis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Haroun treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Haroun treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Haroun treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Ear Disorders
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

We provide comprehensive spine care that is based on a culture of compassion, accessibility, and technical skill. Over the past twenty years, we have developed the clinical judgment to determine how to best treat spine problems. Our approach is simpl...

• Neurosurgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Haroun

Dr. Haroun?
Dr. Haroun's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD
Dr. Haroun performed a neck fusion on me in 2016. I was back to work in 2 weeks and healed beautifully. I got several opinions and far preferred Dr.Haroun and his team for both their approach and high standards of excellence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
The thought of a fusion at C5 & C6 scared the heck out of me. It was something that had to be done and Dr Haroun and Megan, PA, are by far the best choice in a surgeon that I could of made. They were the 4th surgeon that I consulted with, they listened to me and thoroughly reviewed my history in great detail, from there we developed a plan. Today I have NO pain and the surgery was exactly what was discussed with Dr Haroun and Megan, HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR HAROUN AND MEGAN AND THE SURGERY!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Raymond Haroun performed back surgery on me in November 2018 due to me suffering with sciatica. The sciatica negatively impacted my daily lifestyle temporarily. Since the surgery I can truly say that I feel Fantastic ! I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Haroun & Megan. C. Satchell
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
After a bicycling injury, I experienced crippling pain down my right leg that was diagnosed as lumbar stenosis. Steroid injections and physical therapy provided only partial relief. I was reluctant to undergo surgery, but I found Dr. Haroun to be very thorough and conservative in his recommendations. Two years after the injury, I underwent microdecompression surgery by Dr. Haroun. The improvement was immediate and dramatic. I can walk upright again without pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
20 year ago I injured my lower back rebuilding a old stone wall. I was bed ridden for 2 weeks then gradually I adjusted to walking over the next year. MRI imagery has now advanced to a point where spinal injury can readily be seen, there is no more guess work as in the past. My surgery was done as an out patient and took 2 hours where I walked to the car. It has been 2 months since the surgery and I still feel great. Thank you Dr. Haroun !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I can’t recommend Dr. Haroun enough! I suffered from debilitating sciatic pain and tried every treatment option out there but nothing worked. Two months ago Dr. Haroun performed a discectomy and I have been PAIN FREE ever since! Not only is Dr. Haroun a skilled surgeon but he surrounds himself with a top-notch staff. Everyone at his surgery center is amazing. I am back to work and running my kids around to all of their activities. Normalcy never felt so good!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr.Haroun figured out the severity of my pain It was scary. My neck affected my hands and I'd wake up in severe pain and at the same time it was numb. I would have to wait ten minutes for my hand to return to normal. Dr. Haroun figured what it was and fixed it. I have severe spinal issues and Dr. Haroun has been great to help me have a life. I hate living in pain. Dr. Haroun and other specialists have worked together to help ease the pain so I can go back to work. Great staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr Haroun is a very kind and caring doctor! He identified my neurological issue, C4/5, C6/7 herniated discs and skillfully repaired these areas of my neck with cervical fusions. I have a high confidence level in Dr Haroun and his staff and that does not come easy from me. I can be a very challenging patient and Dr Haroun and his staff provided me the comfort level I needed to move forward with the surgery. You will be in excellent hands should you need a neurological surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I've had three back surgeries in the past seven years due to degenerative disc disease. These past surgeries have brought me great relief and they are doing well. Due to a new issue in another part of my spine, I had to find another qualified neurosurgeon that I felt comfortable with as I did with the previous neurosurgeon who has since retired. In my research on Dr. Haroun I found that he is a respected and qualified neurosurgeon. The surgery he performed on me has brought me great relief.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
In January of 2018, I went to Dr Haroun to obtain a second opinion. I had been advised to have lumbar spinal fusion surgery as I had been in continuous acute pain since early November of 2017. Dr Haroun and his staff conducted a through evaluation and concluded that I was a canedidate for a much less invasive procedure called Lumbar Disc Microsurgery. I was able to go into their Video Library and see exactly what that intailed. In February the deed was done and I have been pain free ever since.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Haroun and his staff to all my family and friends. His kindness and explanation of all that I needed was well appreciated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Haroun is amazing! I had pain running down my right leg for over a year caused by a cyst in between my L4 and L5 . After reviewing my MRI and X-Rays surgery was suggested. I was nervous at first and he made me feel very comfortable and took the time to explain the entire process to me and answer any questions i had. My pain is gone and the surgery was a success. He is a true doctor and spends the time necessary with you. Makes you feel like you are his only patient. 5 stars all around
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Before becoming a patient of Dr. Haroun's I was constantly in pain and discomfort with a deeply herniated disc in my lower back, I had tried several different conventional methods (cortisone shots and physical therapy) without any significant changes.; but after meeting Dr.Haroun & hearing the options available to me ; I have to note that Dr. Haroun’s detailed explanation of what the surgery & recovery would entail really impressed me. I am feeling 95% better. Dr. Haroun was a godsend ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
FROM THE INITIAL WORKUP THROUGH SURGERY AT THE SURGICAL CENTER, I WAS TREATED WITH GREAT PROFESSIONALISM, COURTESY AND KINDNESS. I WAS MADE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT MY PROCEDURE, RISKS AND REHABILITATION. THE SURGICAL CENTER WAS NEW AND MADE TO MIMIC A HOSPITAL SETTING. THE DOCTOR'S SUPPORTING MY OPERATION WERE INCREDIBLE. THIS WAS A VERY POSITIVE EXPERIENCE. THAN YOU
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Haroun and staff and I would highly recommend his practice-I met with Dr. H in severe pain due to a herniated disc putting pressure on the sciatic nerve-Dr. H recommended lower lumbar decompression surgery-It was the best decision I ever made-going from pain of an 8, 3 hours of sleep a night, walking with a cane, to virtually pain free. I have been on a lifting restriction for 8 wks and meeting with Dr. H for my 2nd f/u appt for next steps to resume activities
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
My wife recently used Dr. Haroun for spinal surgery in the neck. It sounded risky. He made her/ us feel confident and he clearly lived up to the confidence he portrayed. The outpatient surgery went perfectly. The facility at a Surgical Center in Linthicum and the staff there also were caring and excellent. I have dealt with various hospitals over the years and I have never seen such attention to patient care. Dr. Haroun is the BEST! This is how medicine should be practiced.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr, Haroun was recommended by a family member. I found him to be very thorough and meticulous through the entire process. I had to have surgery-disectomy and fusion of C-5-C-6. -Jan 9, 2017. I was very comfortable and completely at ease with Dr. Haroun and his staff. My recovery was rapid. I was released on Dec 7, 2017-x-ray showed full fusion. I was suffering from some nerve damage, also full recovery. My husband has just become new patient due to lower back problems.Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Haroun is one of the best doctors I have met in my life. The whole team is really very nice, caring, helpful, and knowledgeable. I never had hard time finding an appointment with them after my surgery. They are willing to listen always and don't ever rushed me through anything. He even called me later at night after my surgery to ask about my condition and explained my procedure even though he spoke to my husband right after the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Would definitely recommend Dr. Haroun. He did the ACDF surgery on me and it's been a year and 3 months and I feel great now. I had neck pain for four years, and numbness in the arm and fingers. Numbness is gone and my neck is so much better. I had tried PT, medication, injections, all to no avail. Dr. Haroun knew what caused my pain; he did not push me to get the surgery. He explained everything and let me decide when I was ready.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Haroun, MD?
Dr. Haroun recently completed spinal surgery on me, and I could not be happier with my experience. He provided me all of my options, helped me determine what my best path forward was, and when it was time to do the surgery, he made me feel comfortable and safe. Although they anticipated to only gain about 70% improvement in my condition, I am happy to report that I have been pain free since recovering from the surgery! I haven't felt this good in years! Highly recommended.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Haroun?

Insurance accepted

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Haroun treats patients.

Compare Providers