Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD

Dermatology •  Male • Age 76

Southern Plains Medical Center

2222 W Iowa Ave Chickasha, OK 73018

Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD is a Dermatologist in Chickasha, OK and has over 52 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Cornelison has more experience with Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Oncology, and Dermatologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center medical school in 1968. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Integris Baptist Medical Center and Integris Southwest Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cornelison to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Oklahoma

Frequently Treated by Dr. Cornelison

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Cornelison treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Cornelison treats other conditions, please contact the office at (405) 309-3376.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Cornelison typically treats 84% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Cornelison typically treats 72% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Excision of Skin Lesion
Actinic Keratosis
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Basal Cell Carcinoma

Dermatologic Care

Dermatologists diagnose, treat and screen for conditions affecting the skin, including skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, and hair loss.Compare with other Dermatologic Care specialists.

Dr. Cornelison typically treats 75% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 15 conditions and procedures

Skin Infections
Intertrigo
Itchy Skin
Dermatitis

Cosmetic Dermatology

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Dermatology specialists.

Dr. Cornelison typically treats 58% more often than similar doctors

• Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mole Removal
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wart Removal
  • Warts

Dr. Cornelison accepts

Dr. Cornelison accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Standard Network PPO
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HealthSmart
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedHealthInsurance
Principal Life
Tricare
TriCare for Life

Dr. Cornelison's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cornelison

2.6

Dr. Cornelison?
Went for removal of a cyst on my finger. My first encounter with him, he was abrupt to the point of rudeness and he hurt me badly enough to make me scream and cry. Because he is the only dermatologist in my insurance, I went back to have the procedure. His bedside manner was not much better and he told me he was going to cauterize the canal where the fluid came from so it wouldn’t come back. He cauterized the entire area where the cyst was. Burned off my skin and left a black dead area in its place. I have 26 years experience in the medical field and let me assure you, what is cauterized should never be seen. He could’ve stitched or glued the skin. But now even though the cyst is gone, I will at best have a nasty scar in its place. Do yourself a favor and avoid this physician.
Jennifer S – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
I have seen Dr. Cornelison for many years (off and on). I find him very professional, pleasant and social. He is extremely skilled in his profession and has always been perfectly educated I the reason for my appts. I appreciate his kindness and good bedside manner. He will be missed when he retires but I hope he has a great retirement.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Refuses to answer questions. Doesn't tell you what's wrong, what caused, if or when it will get better. Gave my daughter a shot of steroids and told her to come back in 2 weeks. When she came back rash was improved but still there. Literally waited for an hour and a half he glanced at the trash and said ok I don't need to see you anymore and left with no explanation or opportunity to ask questions. The worst.
Chickasha, OK – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
I've never seen a worse doctor. I didn't get two words out before he tried to shove some prescription on me that I already told him hadn't worked before after having psoriasis for over 20 years. I will not be going back and will warn everyone I know to avoid him.
Chickasha, OK – Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
He is on point and to the point. But, if , God forbid, you eventually need him for a life or death situation, he has all the time in the world for you. Believe me, I’ve been there. He knows his profession, and is very efficient. Come in with a list of what you want answered , take his no to be no and his yes to be yes. He is a wonderfully gifted physician.
Linda B in Oklahoma City – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
I almost cancelled my appt after reading these reviews. I’m so glad I didn’t. I have been to Dr. Cornelison twice. He is very knowledgeable and personable. Yes, he gets you in and out, but he has always answered every question and listened to every concern. Have your questions ready and get right to the point when explaining your issue and you will have no trouble. How many doctors give you their cell phone # to call if you have a concern after hours or on the weekend? Not many.
Chickasha, OK – Jul 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
I saw Dr. Cornelison for a head lesion and several other skin lesions. He never introduced himself to me, never spoke to me at all. I told him why I was there and he froze the lesions and left the room. He was in the room maybe 60 seconds never speaking to me at all. I found him to be very dismissive, rude and totally uninterested in me as a patient.
Lorena Jackson in Choctaw, OK – Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Cornelison. He took his time and was helpful and informative. He also saw my young daughter and was very kind and personable with her.
Oklahoma City, OK – Aug 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Not at all helpful. Asked what I had and thought he said crohn's and when I repeated what he said he disdainfully said NO and walked out of the room without telling me what I had while he laughed with a nurse. He took less then 3 minutes and gave me a prescription for some kind of salve. Went to another doctor and he rightly diagnosed it as Bowens disease which is a cancer. Will never go back to him.
Edmond, OK – Nov 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Doesn't have a good bedside manner but he's very good at his job. Will always use him because I trust that the care I get from him will take care of my dermatologist needs.
Blanchard, OK – Sep 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
He was the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. I went to a different dermatologist all together. I have good doctor now. I have lupus like I tried to tell him before he gave me the Minocycline. He didn't want to hear about that, he wanted me in, and out. The medication made me break out severely in mouth sores. I went back to him for that, he told me to keep taking it. DId so, ended up in the ER due to my throat closing, and had to stay over night on an IV drip. No thanks. Never again.
Hyphirio in Oklahoma City, OK – Aug 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
The staff is absolutely outstanding! Dr. Cornelison is very direct and straight forward. If you are going to a specialist be prepared to be in and out in no time. His doctor knows his stuff hes been at it for 40+ years so it does not take him long to figure out what is going on. The receptionist is the sweetest person you will ever met greeted with a smile, how are you and seeing how you are doing. The medical assistance are just as sweet. Do not look any further.
MedicalGirl92 in Oklahoma City, OK – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Wish I could give this doctor and his staff 0 stars. It's horrible enough to have a skin condition, but to be treated like absolute dirt when you see a specialist is the worst! I could never imagine treating people as rudely as his staff. He literally came into the exam room for less than 60 seconds and didn't even talk to ME!
FrustratedPT in Edmond,OK – Jul 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Dr. Cornelison and his staff was extremely rude from the beginning to end; from the scheduling call to the office visit. When speaking with the NP she brought the Doctor in for a consult and he examined me for literally less than five seconds and refused to take a history. When I asked a question he rudely dismissed it and left the room; no explanation of diagnosis nor answering any questions. When checking out his receptionist was equally rude. Find someone else.
Oklahoma City, OK – Jul 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
If possible to give zero stars that is what I would do. Saw him multiple times due to how rare my disorder is. This last time, it became infected and I asked multiple times if it was infected. I could hardly sit down and felt terrible. He checked me over in 2 minutes or less gave me prescription for a cream and told me I was okay. I ended up two days later in the hospital with life threatening septicemia due to skin and almost died. He is careless and his receptionists are rude as well.
Oklahoma City, OK – May 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Staff was horribly rude. I am a registered nurse and would NEVER treat a patient, or a patient's family the way we were treated. My employer wouldn't allow it either.
CassyB in Oklahoma City, OK – May 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
I had a case of severe psrorisis and there wasn't enough topical cream to help my breakout. I asked the dermatologist then to refer me to a doctor that could help me better control this issue. I was referred to Dr. Cornelison when he was at OU Dermatology and he came in and told me that we needed to try something more aggressive. I began treatments with Remicade and several months later, my skin was 75% clear. He may be quick coming in and out of the room, but awesome doctor in my book!
DesignerDiva in OKC, OK – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Cornelison's people are RUDE. Also, they wanted to make my 1 year-old wait a MONTH to be seen for a mystery rash that my pediatrician wanted looked at. Ended up going to Saints. They got her in immediately and were SO nice.
Miranda in Miranda_RAT@yahoo.com – Mar 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
No worse doctor anywhere! Saw him in MWC & at OU Med Center. Rude and arrogant on every occasion. At OU Med Center, he looked at my skin breakouts covering my whole body, and announced to the nurse and me that I was scratching the sores & boils on my body so as to harm myself, self-harming diagnosis. He stormed out of the room & I never saw him again. Now, almost 20 years later, I've been correctly diagnosed with being gluten-intolerant. I have dermatitis herptiformis.
Elaine Childers in Eufaula, OK – Jan 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?
Dr Cornelison seems to be very knowledgeable, based on the brief visit he makes to the exam room. He has a PA that does everything else. What a great gig. The staff however is RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL and very unorganized. I have been there 6 times and asked for a receipt and wasn't provided one, now they say I owe money. I called 3 times this week to get an appointment, it took 4 days for them to call me back. I will never go back and will recommend Tricare stop referring to him.
John Pickett in Edmond, OK – Nov 13, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Cornelison, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cornelison?

Dermatology Associates specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases that affect the skin, hair and nails of both children and adults....Read more

• Dermatology