Dr. Raymond Capone, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 70

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Dr. Raymond Capone, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 1977. He is affiliated with medical facilities Upmc Shadyside and West Penn Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Raymond Capone, MD

Raymond A Capone Jr MD PC

5727 Centre Ave Fl 2 Pittsburgh, PA 15206

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Capone is affiliated with West Penn Hospital Pittsburgh, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Capone's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Capone's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Dr. Capone treats Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist more than 70% of his peers

Dr. Capone treats this condition more than 70% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Wrist

Dr. Capone treats Osteoarthritis of Hands more than 67% of his peers

Dr. Capone treats this condition more than 67% of his peers

Dr. Capone's conditions and procedures:

• Benign Skin Tumor
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Breast Hypoplasia
  • Hidradenitis
  • Laceration
  • Liposuction
  • Malignant Tumor
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Myocutaneous Flaps
  • Wound Care and Management
  • Wrist Disorders
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Capone accepts

Dr. Capone accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Capone's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Capone

4.5

Dr. Capone

***If you're looking for extraordinary results.. look no further!!!*** My experience with Dr. Raymond Capone's office was better than I could have ever imagined. I had done prior research in the Pittsburgh area for plastic surgeons, but no one seemed to have credentials like Dr. Capone! I had my initial consult with Dr. Capone for a breast lift. He had a wide variety of cases similar and different from mine.. ALL beautiful end results! After seeing his workbook, I was basically sold.. **I had not seen results anywhere like I had seen at Dr. Capone's office!** On top of his workbook backing up all of his ratings and accreditations, Dr. Capone and his entire office staff were very engaged, professional, honest, and friendly with me from beginning to end. My first appointment was the last week of December and my procedure was booked for the first week of March! It was a very smooth transition. From start to finish Dr. Capone will make sure you are very educated on your procedure. Every
G W – May 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
Dr Capone did a wonderful job with my surgery and he and his whole staff were helpful and compassionate. They went above and beyond. I am delighted with the results.
Melinda Kelly – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
Dr. Capone did my Carpal Tunnel Surgery and it was such a great experience from the very beginning. The Doctor, Betsy, The Surgery Nurse and Anesthesiolist Lisa were all so kind and caring from beginning to end. The after care was the best I have ever received. I got a call from the nurse hours after surgery and even a call from Dr. Capone the next day checking up on me to see how I was doing and did I need anything from any of them. I would recommend Dr. Capone for anything your thinking about. Top grade A+ experience from start to finish. Thank you everyone at Dr. Capones office that helped me and showed me compassion and that you cared about me and doing you job top notch. Would recommend to anyone.
Rebecca Besseck in Liberty Boro, PA – Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
I had plastic surgery with Dr. Raymond A. Capone for gynecomastia, before surgery he says things you want to hear, after surgery, he changed. I have left noticeable scars, it was not a plastic surgery that was done terribly, my chest on one side still has left hard tissue he did not remove properly or adjust it, after 2 times of surgery. He messed up my body could not give me a good result or what he promised before surgery. Because of his mistake, I laid down under blade 2 times, even after 2 times result was not good he did an awful job. Now I have to lay down under blade 3rd time because he was in rush last time and did not care about the result. I don't recommend this doctor he messed up my body and my years of waiting for that. Don't be fool what he promises.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
Super condescending physician. Stay away. .
Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
Dr Capone did my surgery for carple tunel. It turned out wonderful! I had gone to 3 Doctors before choosing Dr. Capone. Not one of then where as caring or understanding as Dr Capone. I loved him so much that I sent my mother and my brother in law for there surgerys’. They both had great experiences. It is now 24 years later and I am back for a different surgery. I would trust no one like I trust Dr Capone. I am now post surgery and have to have my other hand done.He is Wonderfully gifted
Sharon Zietak in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
Dr. Raymond Capone does not advertise his services in the popular culture, like some of the other offices. He is chair of plastic surgery at Shadyside Hospital, but his main activity is to provide plastic surgery for many procedures at his Surgi-Center. It is a very clean, comfortable, well-run facility where he has complete control of surgical instruments, personnel and cleanliness. Betsy, his office assistant, Jan, his head nurse and the other four nurses who helped were all fantastic. Happy.
  • Long wait times
Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
I could not be happier with my results. The entire process, the doctor and staff, and the overall experience were excellent. Dr. Capone listened to my questions and concerns and spent as much time as I needed to feel comfortable with my decisions. I would definitely recommend and use again!
Pittsburgh, PA – Jun 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
I also did not like the way Dr. Capone treated me postoperatively. While Dr. Capone admitted that the results were not desirable, he offered to make corrections at my expense! His discussion with me postop led me to conclude that he deliberately mislead me. Beware!
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
PA – Apr 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
Dr. Capone and his staff were phenomenal from start to finish. I can't thank them enough for making the surgery and recovery so smooth! Dr. Capone was always available to answer questions and he took his time with me so that I would feel comfortable moving forward. I LOVE my results! My confidence has gone through the roof! Also, Betsy was so pleasant and professional when discussing the financing. The staff knew I was nervous about going under anesthesia but the nurses made me feel at ease!
Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
You can be in no greater hands than the gifted hands of Dr. Capone. The breast augmentation that he and his staff patiently provided to me has given me a sense of satisfaction and pure FREEDOM! Freedom from padding, freedom from necklines, and most importantly, freedom from years of insecurities. Thank you, Dr. Capone, for this gift!
J in Pennsylvania – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
I am so grateful that Dr. Capone took so much time with me and addressed every one of my concerns during my consultation in March. I am so tired of doctors who try to get you in just to rush you out the door. I had a great experience with Dr Capone from the time arrived and was greeted by his front staff, all the way through to my two follow up appointments after surgery. I would recommend that anyone looking for a top-ranking doctor to absolutely go to Dr. Capone in Shadyside.
-Lindsay in Pittsburgh, PA – May 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?
He is a condescending and arrogant man. He spoke to me like I was a frail small child that needed coddled. I was truly unhappy with the surgical results I had with him. He was willing to correct HIS mistakes if I paid for the surgery again... I did not like the way that he treated me in my post opp visits. I consulted another plastic surgeon in the area to have the procedure corrected.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Capone, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Capone?