Dr. Ray Gervacio Blanco, MD

Head & Neck Surgical Oncology | Male

Johns Hopkins Head and Neck Surgery 6569 N Charles St Ste 401 Baltimore, MD 21204 Get Directions
Dr. Ray Gervacio Blanco, MD
Dr. Blanco earned his medical degree from the University of Santo Thomas, completed his residency at the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, and his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. He is dedicated to the care of head and neck patients with benign and malignant tumors. His special interests include salivary gland tumors, parathyroid gland tumors, cancers of the mouth, throat, larynx, cervical esophagus, thyroid, sinuses, head and neck skin malignancy and skull base. Other special interests are organ sparing surgeries, laryngeal preservation surgery (supracricoid laryngectomy). Dr. Blanco is actively involved in the research on the use of Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS) for minimally invasive head and neck surgery.

Dr. Blanco's Experience

See how Dr. Blanco's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Blanco

Dr. Blanco accepts 32 insurance carriers

Dr. Blanco is now accepting new patients
Johns Hopkins Head and Neck Surgery6569 N Charles St Ste 401
Baltimore, MD 21204
(443) 849-8940Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Blanco has admitting privileges.

Dr. Blanco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blanco to family and friends
Dr. Blanco's Performance
in Towson, MD |
Dr. Blanco had my confidence from my very first visit. He was (and is) the ultimate medical professional in his physical presence and manner. After greeting me, he asked if I had been treated well in reception and what my wait time was from the time I was escorted to an examining room and he entered. Dr. Blanco laid out a clear plan, including; diagnostic tests, a measured period of observation, and ultimately, a decisive recommendation for surgery.
in Phoenix, MD |
Dr. Blanco is a consummate professional, but very approachable and easy to talk to. He is highly skilled - he performed a complex surgery on me to remove growths in my upper neck and salivary gland, without causing significant damage to my facial nerves - a very difficult procedure to accomplish successfully. I appreciated his personal touch, he made me feel like I was his only patient - I will highly recommend him to others. Also, I appreciate his service to our nation - "Aim High!"
in Towson, MD |
Dr. Blanco is a wonderful doctor. After diagnosing my throat cancer he very quickly got the ball rolling for my treatment. He immediately lined up appointments with members of his team and I listened and learned. It's overwhelming---but Dr. Blanco and his fantastic staff are so helpful. Now 18 months have passed since treatment ended and Dr. Blanco continues to take excellent followup care of me. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Blanco and would highly recommend him.
in Rosedale, MD |
I was extremely thankful to have Dr. Blanco and his team perform surgery to remove a tumor in my parotid gland. Dr. Blanco and his team took the time to thoroughly explain my procedure and options in advance, so that I was properly educated and informed about what to expect. During surgery Dr Blanco made conscientious efforts to sift through a tedious number of facial nerves and muscles to protect them from damage and provide me with the best results for full recovery. Professional and caring.
in White Hall, MD |
In December 2016, my oral surgeon/dentist performed a biopsy on the two small cysts on the left side of my tongue, in his office, after receiving a negative MRI on November 30, 2016. I was referred to Dr. Blanco immediately and actually had surgery on January 17, 2017. He is extremely professional. As this was my first time having cancer, I depended on him to keep me informed. In April he also removed another lump on the incision area via biopsy in his office.
in Parkville, MD |
Dr. Blanco was very thorough in explaining his diagnosis and course of action. He was very professional and informative. His assistants were very thoughtful and courteous. It was a pleasant experience.
in Westminster, MD |
Dr, Blanco is a highly respected surgeon in the head and neck field and is respected by his peers. He is easy to talk to and has a very nice manner. Dr. Blanco is thorough and took his time explaining the details of my health situation to me. He, also, readily returned my calls and followed-up with test results with me. I cannot say enough about my experience with him and would highly recommend him.
in Middle River, MD |
I am so grateful to have Dr. Blanco as my surgeon. He and his staff go way beyond the limits of a medical office. Dr. Blanco was crucial in my recovery and provides excellent service.
in Perry Hall, MD |
This Doctor has been wonderful. He takes extreme care with his patients. He is taking care of my Mother having venous carcinoma. He is always there for me when I have any questions and is very easy to reach. He will always call you and check to make sure things are OK. I would not want any other Doctor caring for my Mom. Thank You Ray Blanco for everything so far. See you again in May.
Delta PA |
Dr Blanco is one of the best Doctors' I have dealt with in my life. He talks to me & my family like we are human beings not like "just another patient". I feel very confident & secure with any and all suggestions Dr Blanco gives us. I wouldn't trade him for any other doctor. I have already told any friends & family how great he is. I believe he is the best Doctor @ GBMC & 1 of the only 1's I trust with my health.
in Baltimore, MD |
Excellent attention, explanation and obvious interest in patient's (my) welfare. Ray Blanco applies human interest to medical diagnosis.
in Pikesville, MD |
Dr Blanco is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. He is thorough and knowledgeable. He was honest with me about the possible complications or problems which could arise with my surgery, and was kind and gentle in guiding me to make the decision to have the surgery. The surgery was flawless. He has been following me for 2 years after the surgery, and each follow-up appointment was conducted with the same thoroughness and sensitivity. I always enjoy speaking to him, and would recommend him highly.
in Towson, MD |
I had a very positive experience with Dr.Blanco. He is extremely competent with a direct no nonsense approach. I am very grateful for his care and professionality.
Have you seen Dr. Ray Gervacio Blanco, MD?
Are you Dr. Blanco?

Compare Dr. Blanco

Dr. Blanco says...

Dr. Blanco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• All Lymphoma
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Tongue Cancer
  • Tonsil Cancer

University of Santo Tomas / Faculty of Medicine And Surgery
    University of Santo Tomas / Faculty of Medicine And Surgery
    Bronx Lebanon Med Ctr
    University of Pennsylvania Health System

Dr. Blanco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blanco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Head & Neck Surgical Oncology

• Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tongue Reduction
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • TransOral Robotic Surgery (TORS)
  • Transoral Laser Microsurgery