Head & Neck Surgical Oncology  |
Dr. Ray Gervacio Blanco, MD
Dr. Blanco earned his medical degree from the University of Santo Thomas, completed his residency at the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, and his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania. He is dedicated to the care of head and neck patients with benign and malignant tumors. His special interests include salivary gland tumors, parathyroid gland tumors, cancers of the mouth, throat, larynx, cervical esophagus, thyroid, sinuses, head and neck skin malignancy and skull base. Other special interests are organ sparing surgeries, laryngeal preservation surgery (supracricoid laryngectomy). Dr. Blanco is actively involved in the research on the use of Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (TORS) for minimally invasive head and neck surgery.

6569 N Charles St Ste 401

• Community Health Choice
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Blanco

See how frequently Dr. Blanco performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ENT Cancer
Head and Neck Cancer
Laryngeal Cancer

Dr. Blanco's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
  • General Surgery

Dr. Blanco does not have any board certifications listed.

• All Lymphoma
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kaposi's Sarcoma
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

• Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tongue Reduction
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • TransOral Robotic Surgery (TORS)
  • Transoral Laser Microsurgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University Of Santo Tomas / Faculty Of Medicine and Surgery
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Santo Tomas / Faculty Of Medicine and Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Bronx Lebanon Med Ctr
  • University Of Pennsylvania Health System
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Blanco has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Blanco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blanco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blanco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blanco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blanco to family and friends
Dr. Blanco's Performance
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Blanco is very knowledgeable pertaining to the neck surgery he performed on me. I was diagnosed with a small benign tumor, Pleomorphic adenoma, in the left side of my neck. He gave me all the appropriate information pertaining to this tumor and all the options available for me to take. The surgery went very well, he performed the surgical incision so that I as of now have minimal scaring. I had virtually no pain after the surgery and the incision has healed very well since the surgery.
in Woodbine, MD |
Dr. Blanco is an excellent Dr., I would highly recommend him to anyone who would require the kind of treatment I required.
in Albuquerque |
Dr. Ray Blanco figured out within a single visit that my husband had cancer. This is significant, because my husband went through at least 10 doctors and two hospitalizations prior to seeing Dr. Blanco and was progressively getting sicker and sicker. Dr. Blanco is not only professionally superior in his skill level, but he is clearly committed to figuring out whatever may be wrong with his patients. We give our highest recommendation to him, as well as to his amazing staff & colleagues.
in Baltimore, MD |
My mother and I both have been patients of Dr. Blanco (removal of parotid tumors). He is knowledgeable, kind and straightforward -- everything you want in a doctor. I was terribly concerned about damage to my face as a result of the surgery. Not only did his skillful surgery result in zero damage to my face but Dr. Blanco took extra steps to hide the scar in my hair. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Parkville, MD |
Excellent communicator, direct, thorough and honest in very understandable terms. Made me extremely comfortable and confident in a very stressful situation and got me through it.....Thankful for such a great staff and successful treatment.
Middle River, MD |
I cannot praise him highly enough.
in Nottingham, MD |
Dr. Blanco provided excellent treatment and service throughout my recent battle with neck cancer. He was very professional and informative, always taking the time to explain procedures, possible outcomes and answering all of my, and my wife's, questions. I recommend him without reservation to anyone requiring oncological/surgical procedures that he offers. He was always on-time with appointments. Waiting was never an issue. The office staff were exceptional and very competent at their jobs.
Westminster, MD |
He focuses totally on the patient, and thoroughly answers any questions asked.
in Phoenix, MD |
Dr. Blanco is a consummate professional, but very approachable and easy to talk to. He is highly skilled - he performed a complex surgery on me to remove growths in my upper neck and salivary gland, without causing significant damage to my facial nerves - a very difficult procedure to accomplish successfully. I appreciated his personal touch, he made me feel like I was his only patient - I will highly recommend him to others. Also, I appreciate his service to our nation - "Aim High!"
in Towson, MD |
Dr. Blanco is a wonderful doctor. After diagnosing my throat cancer he very quickly got the ball rolling for my treatment. He immediately lined up appointments with members of his team and I listened and learned. It's overwhelming---but Dr. Blanco and his fantastic staff are so helpful. Now 18 months have passed since treatment ended and Dr. Blanco continues to take excellent followup care of me. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Blanco and would highly recommend him.
in Rosedale, MD |
I was extremely thankful to have Dr. Blanco and his team perform surgery to remove a tumor in my parotid gland. Dr. Blanco and his team took the time to thoroughly explain my procedure and options in advance, so that I was properly educated and informed about what to expect. During surgery Dr Blanco made conscientious efforts to sift through a tedious number of facial nerves and muscles to protect them from damage and provide me with the best results for full recovery. Professional and caring.
in White Hall, MD |
In December 2016, my oral surgeon/dentist performed a biopsy on the two small cysts on the left side of my tongue, in his office, after receiving a negative MRI on November 30, 2016. I was referred to Dr. Blanco immediately and actually had surgery on January 17, 2017. He is extremely professional. As this was my first time having cancer, I depended on him to keep me informed. In April he also removed another lump on the incision area via biopsy in his office.
in Parkville, MD |
Dr. Blanco was very thorough in explaining his diagnosis and course of action. He was very professional and informative. His assistants were very thoughtful and courteous. It was a pleasant experience.
in Middle River, MD |
I am so grateful to have Dr. Blanco as my surgeon. He and his staff go way beyond the limits of a medical office. Dr. Blanco was crucial in my recovery and provides excellent service.
in Perry Hall, MD |
This Doctor has been wonderful. He takes extreme care with his patients. He is taking care of my Mother having venous carcinoma. He is always there for me when I have any questions and is very easy to reach. He will always call you and check to make sure things are OK. I would not want any other Doctor caring for my Mom. Thank You Ray Blanco for everything so far. See you again in May.
Delta PA |
Dr Blanco is one of the best Doctors' I have dealt with in my life. He talks to me & my family like we are human beings not like "just another patient". I feel very confident & secure with any and all suggestions Dr Blanco gives us. I wouldn't trade him for any other doctor. I have already told any friends & family how great he is. I believe he is the best Doctor @ GBMC & 1 of the only 1's I trust with my health.
in Baltimore, MD |
Excellent attention, explanation and obvious interest in patient's (my) welfare. Ray Blanco applies human interest to medical diagnosis.
in Pikesville, MD |
Dr Blanco is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. He is thorough and knowledgeable. He was honest with me about the possible complications or problems which could arise with my surgery, and was kind and gentle in guiding me to make the decision to have the surgery. The surgery was flawless. He has been following me for 2 years after the surgery, and each follow-up appointment was conducted with the same thoroughness and sensitivity. I always enjoy speaking to him, and would recommend him highly.
in Towson, MD |
I had a very positive experience with Dr.Blanco. He is extremely competent with a direct no nonsense approach. I am very grateful for his care and professionality.
Have you seen Dr. Ray Gervacio Blanco, MD?
Are you Dr. Blanco?