Ravindra Mailapur, MB

Ravindra Mailapur, MB

Bariatric Surgery  |
Ravindra Mailapur, MB is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

207 Longwood Dr SW

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Ravindra Mailapur

See how frequently Ravindra Mailapur performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
high
Sleeve Gastrectomy
high

Ravindra Mailapur's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Karnataka Institute Of Medical Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Cleveland Clin Fl
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Ravindra Mailapur has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Ravindra Mailapur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Ravindra Mailapur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Ravindra Mailapur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Ravindra Mailapur to family and friends
4.1
Ravindra Mailapur's Performance
Athens |
I had a terrible experience seeing Dr. Mailapur for a simple surgical consult. He was very arrogant and sarcastic in his tone. He came across as very unprofessional due to the fact that he spoke with disrespect in regard to my referring physician and he all but called me a liar because the papers my referring physician sent with me weren't worded perfectly. He talked in circles and had me so confused and flustered I almost cried in the exam room. I would never let this doctor do surgery on me.
Florence |
I had RNY gastric bypass in 2012, got to my goal weight without any problems. Dr Mailapur is very informative, answers any questions, my question now is is there a revision surgery for RNY gastric bypass. I have gained back 50 lbs. Is there a way to check if my stomach has stretched. If so can I get revision surgery. I'm having medical issue's due to weight gain. Dr. Mailapur also has Very good bedside manners. Wonderful Dr. really cares about his patients. I hope he is able to help again.
I DO NOT recommend this physician! After suffering complications post bariatric surgery (more than 45 obstructions, severe anemia, & 4 insussuceptions).He examined me(touched my stomach)for maybe 5 minutes & said there was nothing he could do. I was in tears. He didn't care AT ALL. Office grossly overbooked, charged $150 & had to wait nearly 3 hours to be seen for a few minutes & given no help. Do your research, find a bariatric with more experience and compassion, not just in for $.
NOT this physician! After bariatric surgery I had 45 abdominal obstructions, severe anemia, & 4 insussuceptions. After being admitted to Huntsville Hospital I saw this doc. He saw me(felt my stomach for maybe 5 minutes) and said there was nothing he could do for me. I felt he was a scam, office was grossly overbooked, paid $150, waited nearly 3 hours, & given no help! This is a major procedure, should be done by someone who will take care of you before, during, & after. Not just in it for money!
in Rosalie, AL |
He removed my GB. I had 3 ambulance rides & 2 week hospital stay for extreme pain that he said was constipation. Another dr found bile in my abdomen that Mailapur cut during surgery. Had surgery that night & another the next morn & drain tube sticking out of my chest for 2 months!Mailapur changed from never had this happen b4 then to once b4 but not this bad. To top it off I owed a balance to him for every day he saw me in hospital! I was there b/c of him! I wouldnt let him clip my fingernails
in Huntsville, AL |
Absolutely fantastic doctor. He immediately zeroed in on the problem, sent me for a test to confirm and within hours had removed a very infected gallbladder with a node protrusion. I was very comfortable and at ease with him during the visit and trusted him. I am happy to say that months later, I feel wonderful and have not had to go back on the reflux medicine that my GP insisted I needed for the symptoms.
in Huntsville, Al |
There are not enough words to say about this man. He reminds me of Dr. Sloan for Diagnosis Murder. He has wonderful bed side manners. He knew this was my first major surgery and boy did he take care of me. Before I put my gown on he came in sat on the bed and calmed me down. Put his arm around me and said don't worry I got you. Just before I went under he came rubbed my forehead and said don't worry ok. If u looking for weight loss surgery he is the doctor for you.
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Malipur is top notch. He is a skilled and knowledgeable bariatric surgeon who has great concern and caring for his patients. I would not consider anyone but Dr. Malipur if you are going to have this type of surgery.
in Union Grove, AL |
I had a cyst removed at my GP's office and they drained it but failed to remove the entire cyst. It grew back and I went to Dr. Mailapur for an opinion. He explained thoroughly that a surrounding area containing the cyst would have to be removed . He set an appointment for outpatient surgery at Huntsville Hospital, kept me awake during the operation, explained exactly what he was doing and today, 2 weeks later removed the sutures and explained the biopsy report - Excellent physician . . . .
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Mailapur has treated me as if I were a personal friend. He went out of his way to schedule my surgery last minute on a weekend. He has been very kind. Dr. Mailapur is competent and trustworthy. I told two friends who are nurses who I was seeing and he was highly recommended. Now I understand why. Thank you!
in Guntersville, AL |
Dr Mailapur is and will be my only surgeon. He saved my life, I was in the hospital for abdominal pain and they asked who my surgeon was. I told them Dr Mailapur and next thing I know he was there! He came to see me everyday at the hospital. My abdominal pain turned out to be colon cancer, he had a lot to do to fix me up, however he got all the cancer out. Bottom line: I wouldn't go to any other surgeon.
in Florence, AL |
He is very caring!!
Have you seen Ravindra Mailapur, MB?
Are you Ravindra Mailapur?

Visit Ravindra Mailapur