Dr. Ravinderan Krishnan, MD

Dr. Ravinderan Krishnan, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 50 years old

It is our mission at The Eye Institute of Corpus Christi to provide high quality care in an efficient, considerate and professional manner. We will perform all our duties in such a manner as to uphold and enhance our reputation as a quality practice that genuinely cares about our patients.Read more

Eye Institute Of Corpus Christi

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Krishnan's Experience

See how Dr. Krishnan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Krishnan

Dr. Krishnan accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Krishnan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Krishnan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Krishnan to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Krishnan
Dr. Krishnan's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (267)
in Corpus Christi, TX |
He has taken care of my eyes for years and he and his staff has done a very good job with little time wasted in the waiting room
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I am a person with anxiety and have a fear with new Dr. I can tell you that you will love Dr. Krishnan. I had surgery on both eyes and received a torque lens. I'm 61 years old and couldn't see even to drive. I also had to get glasses but have wore since I was 9. One thing I can tell you I haven't been able to see so good in years. I am one happy client and would recommend him 100 per cent. Staff excellent and very caring. I can't thank you enough Dr.Krishnan.
in Taft, TX |
Dr. Krishnan has always been kind and courteous. He saw me in a decent time-frame with my appointment.
Kingsville, TX |
I have been with Dr Krishnan for several years and I have always felt very comfortable with him. He is down to earth and explains everything. I have several procedures in last few years and had no problems.
in San Antonio, TX |
I was sent to Dr Krishnan by my routine glasses & contacts Dr. I had been dealing with pink eye and couldn't get my rt eye contact out for 3 days. When I did get it out I felt a pop and severe pain. That is when I was rushed over to Dr Krishnan's office. Every single person in this office was so amazing & knowledgeable it changed my fear to confidence. He sent on into Baylor eye inst. to get a transplant. Because of this Dr I will be able to see out of both eyes again. Thank u doesn't begin
in Kingsville, Texas |
He has a great bedside manner and has treated me with the upmost respect and patience. I hope he stays in the Corpus area his whole carrer.
in Falfurrias, TX |
Dr. Krishnan takes the upmost care of my vision and is always ready to answer my questions. I have the highest regards and respect for Dr. Krishnan. He is excellent!
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I am very impressed with him and the staff. He made me feel at ease and treats me excellent. My prior doctor did that had in another city was nothing compare to Dr. K.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Krishnan is always friendly, professional, and always answers any questions that I have without rushing through the answers.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
This doctor is excellent. His staff are very supportive and polite. I was consistently treated with dignity and respect and well as a nice level of informal friendliness. The surgery and its results are spectacular. I have nearly 20/20 vision as a result of the surgery in my right eye. This has never been the case for me. Thank you for this wonderful gift of clear vision. I look forward to getting the other eye done asap. Thank you to Dr. Ravi and his whole staff. Janice
in Corpus Christi, TX |
The whole experience was great; no problems, no delays, everyone was very nice. I was informed at every step what was going to happen. Both surgeries went smoothly. I am very happy with the results. Dr. Krishnan and his staff were wonderful; helpful and attentive. I would recommend Dr. Krishnan to anyone.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Had no problem got my apt in time the personal were friendly and professional
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Krishnan is a consummate professional. He greets patients warmly, has a professional appearance, is meticulous in answering questions and seems to have high expectations for his staff. The fact that he encourages patients to fill out surveys is evidence of his concern that his patients have a positive experience in his office. I am always impressed with his skills and knowledge.
in Rockport, TX |
Dr. Krishnan is one of those special doctors. Not only is an excellent ophthalmologist, but he truly cares about his patients. How many doctors do you know who would give you his home phone number and tell you to call if you have any questions or problems after a procedure?
in Corpus Christi, Texas |
Dr. Krishnan performed the surgery on my left eye several years ago. The results were amazing. When I had a major problem with my right eye recently, I didn't hesitate to go back to him. Having to wait 2 months for an appointment, I called a few other eye doctors. Something kept telling me to wait on Dr Krishnan. I had my surgery done on June 20, 2016. So far, it's been great. i had the Toric Lens Implant, so we will see how it works. Also, Sandy was outstanding in every way
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Regardless of who I spoke with over the phone or who I encountered in the office, I was always treated with respect and consideration. Each staff member answered questions I posed in a thorough and friendly fashion. They listened well and anticipated my needs and concerns. How they treated me spoke volumes of who Dr. Krishnan is: professional, skilled, and grateful. I was where I was meant to be. Psalm 50:15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Krishnan is a kind, soft spoken, and caring man and an excellent doctor. He has treated me for well over 10 years and I have had nothing but wonderful results every time he does a procedure on me. He truly does care about his patients. His office staff is also very well trained and respectful.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I am very impressed with Dr. Krishnan. He was recommended to me when I moved to Corpus by Dr. Compagna. He is very kind and quiet-spoken. His staff is friendly and easy to talk to. The office is as neat as a pin and a very comfortable place to visit. I would recommend this doctor to anyone who is searching for a doctor to attend to eye problems or just routine eye checks,
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Fairly prompt and very courteous service. Dr Krishnan is very professional and I departed with no unanswered questions.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Krishnan is a very patient informative,clever, sweet and nice with all of his patients.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr Krishnan is an excellent Doctor. I am so glad he is my eye doctor and trust him.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. krishnan for over 5 yrs now or his staff. anyway they have always treated me great, answered all questions and went beyond to be sure I understand the situation. Can't do better than that. Will I change Dr.'s NO-- I know about the riff there, but that's over, didn't affect me. Old saying - You go home with the one that brung you. Phil
in Corpus Christi, TX |
He has now removed and replaced both cataracts. I can see clearly. What more could I ask?
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Very expensive and ignores unsatisfactory issues.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I was very disappointed with my recent appointment to the eye doctor. I was aware of the feud that was going on with the doctors but was surprised to hear that my doctor was the one that paid for the wall and the giant barrier balls in the parking lot, kind of childish if you ask me. This office has gone down hill. It's like walking into a funeral home, no life or happiness. I have decided to go back to my optometrist and get referred somewhere else.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Krishnan was so thorough with my brother whom he has seen several times. No matter how often we asked the same questions, the doctor answered with genuine concern and patience. All of his office has been patient, respectful, and caring. Thank you for going the extra mile in making us feel very comfortable.
Always a good expierence
in Kingsville, TX |
I was having my yearly exam with my local optometrist when he noticed something in my eye that should not have been there. I was told this was an emergency and he highly recommended Dr. Ravi Krishnan. That was a Friday and by Monday morning I was having my surgery. My eye and my sight were saved. This surgery actually gave me perfect sight in that eye that I thought I might lose. The deep caring Dr. Krishnan holds for his patients is unparalleled. I am privileged to be his patient.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I am happy I came to see Dr. Krishnan and have him diagnose my condition, and have faith in his expierience and knowledge of the eyes.
in Orange Grove, TX |
2011 experience was very professional and eye operation went well, better then eye dilation which I don't care for at all, staff very professional.
in Austin, TX |
My mom, 83, had a bad cataract and dreaded surgery. Dr. Krishnan allayed her fears, clearly explaining the procedure and recovery time. Surgery was done with utmost care, with no pain or discomfort to mom. Dr. Krishnan is an excellent, experienced surgeon. Highly recommend him for vision problems. Post-op was smooth, with Dr. checking frequently on progress. Office staff is extremely nice and caring! Dr. trained at Mayo Clinic and provides holistic, individualized care. Thank you, Dr. Krishnan!
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I recently returned to Dr. Krishnan for my annual diabetic evaluation and the visit was the same as always...started off with a polite front office staff to knowledgeable back office staff to an awesome doctor! Dr Krishnan has the best bed side manner along with his entire office. Clean, professional and efficient office. I will continue to come here for every eye appointment that I need.
Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Krishnan has been my doctor for many years and he is the most kind and intelligent doctor there is period. He did my LASIK surgery years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made! He takes his time and explains everything in detail. His staff has always been pleasant as well. I HIGHLY recommend him.
Think about the grueling process of renewing your drivers license, and transfer that image to eye care. But it's worse, because eyes are not renewable and you only have two. Likelihood of recommending Dr Krishnan to family and friends? Less than zero. It would be cruel on all counts for me to recommend this dr. Long wait, rude and inattentive staff, and a very short visit with the dr. Exercise your options - Corpus Christi has other doctors, choose one of them!
in Sandia, TX |
I have seen Dr Krishnan since 2006. Dr Krishnan has been like a God-send to help me preserve my vision. A previous Ophtholmologist in the CC area had me on prednisone drops for a few years, not knowing what else to do and I feel that Dr Krishnan took charge of turning things around for my vision care. We are blessed in South Texas to have an Ophtholmologist with his past training at the Mayo Clinic. He is a dignified, caring Doctor.
in Corpus Christi,TX |
Never mind the fact that the front office is rude and incompetent of making any decisions but the back staff as well are rude and to me feel that they could care less of your concerns. The doctor as well seems aloof to this and is in and out less than a minute. I suggest avoiding this place and go where it's more comforting.
Absolute and consummated Professional, great patients manners and very knowledgeable caring Doctor
Have you seen Dr. Ravinderan Krishnan, MD?
Are you Dr. Krishnan?

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetes-Like Blepharitis
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Glaucoma Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Glaucoma in Ciliochorodial Detachment
  • Glaucoma in Epithelial Ingrowth
  • Glaucoma in Intra Ocular Tumours
  • Glaucoma in Iridoschisis.
  • Glaucoma in Phacomatoses
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Presbyopia
  • Pterygium
  • Retinal Degeneration
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy

Completed in 1996

Completed in 1997

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Krishnan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Krishnan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Krishnan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Krishnan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Krishnan

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Krishnan's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Krishnan

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Krishnan's Care Philosophy