Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD

Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

One of Northern California's premier spine surgeons, Dr. Ravi focuses on both minimally invasive and open spine surgery to give patients better results with shorter recovery times. To date, he has successfully participated in over 2000 operations over 7 years. He is the chief of Surgery at the Nivano Heathcare Group in Folsom, Roseville, and Sacramento, CA. He is also the Director of Spine Surgery at Mercy Folsom Hospital Dr. Ravi completed his undergraduate education at Princeton University, his medical school education at Stanford University, his residency in orthopedics at Yale University, and his fellowship in spine surgery at Harvard University. During this time, he contributed heavily to clinical research, authoring several papers and significant journal articles. Among numerous accolades, he was awarded a Stanford Medical Scholars Research Grant for his work on titanium wear debris as well as the prestigious Yale Orthopaedics O. Donald Chrisman Research Award. Dr. Ravi has also authored several book chapters in widely referenced spine surgery texts, including The Handbook of Spine Surgery, Contemporary Spine Surgery, and The Comprehensive Treatment of the Aging Spine: Minimally Invasive and Advanced Techniques.

Nivano Healthcare

• HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • PHCS
  • York Risk Services

Learn about Dr. Ramachandran

See how frequently Dr. Ramachandran performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Ramachandran's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ramachandran "As a practitioner, Dr. Ravi emphasises conservative care above all other approaches, using operative intervention only as a last resort and practicing state of the art techniques that allow for the fastest recovery times and minimize postoperative pain."

Dr. Ramachandran does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for California.

• Princeton U
  • Yale Medical School-New Haven Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Harvard Med School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Ramachandran has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ramachandran has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ramachandran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ramachandran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Mercy Hospital of Folsom

is a Healthgrades Top-Rated Hospital

2015 Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement

View Ratings

Dr. Ramachandran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ramachandran to family and friends
Dr. Ramachandran's Performance
in sacramento, ca |
I want to let everyone know what a skilled surgeon Dr Ravi is. I had a difficult and complicated situation with my spine and Dr Ravi took it on with a skill few surgeons have. I don't want to disparage any other Doctor, I just want to say to anyone reading this, put yourself in this man's hands. Thanks Dr Ravi. I'm doing this because he helped me.
in Chatsworth, CA |
A qualified specialist that is easy to work with and who's main focus is on the well-being of his patients.
in Grass Valley, CA |
I saw Dr. Ramachandran a month ago, and he told me I didn't need surgery, but was a good candidate for steroid injections. I was impressed with his demeanor and candor. Unfortunately, they were supposed to get a referral to a new doc within a week or two, but I have yet to hear back from them. A month! I have good insurance, so that's not an issue, but they NEVER answer their phones, and have yet to return my call after leaving at least 4-messages. What's the problem?
in Jackson Ca |
Dr Ravi and all his staff at office and hospital were great to me after spine fusion surgery 5mos ago I am doing pretty good some pain in my lower back still but I now need a Lt hip replacement so I am sure that is causing some of the pain I feel. I what say that I am very happy that I met Dr Ravi he is great surgeon and I recommend highly. Jo Anne McCracken ( I wish he could do my hip that's how I trust him and his staff )
San Francisco, CA |
Honestly I do not know where this physician got such positive reviews. Quite possibly from family and friends? The office presents itself well presents itself well. However upon meeting him I was quite uncomfortable with what appeared to be head and neck tips and wondered how could he do such delicate intricate surgeries. It was a negative appointment that lasted 10 min. If only I had more space to share. I could go on, to elaborate. I could never recommend Dr Ravi!!!
in Citrus Heights, CA |
Exceptionally competent and kind. I had dealt with terrible nerve pain in my back and leg(s) for three years. I had chiropractic care, acupuncture, podiatry, various medications - but didn't get lasting relief until I had spine surgery by Dr. Ramachandran. I am SO grateful for his awesome work! The results have been amazing - nearly instantaneous and life-altering. Don't suffer needlessly when help like this is available. Do yourself a favor and go see him. You'll be so happy you did!
in Nevada City, CA |
Very caring and excellent surgeon. Took care of me when nobody else could . Forever thankful!!
in Roseville, CA |
I had ACDF on my C5-7 in May of 2016, after about 7 months of increasing pain/failed treatments elsewhere. I was very comfortable with him from the consultation and surgery went well. My recover was non-eventful, and I was careful to follow his instructions and ask questions. I am now just over 7 months post op and I pretty much pain free, unless I overdo it. Before surgery, my quality of life had gotten terrible. Having Dr. Ravi perform my surgery was one of the best decisions of my life.
in Volcano, CA |
After 3 apps., an MRI and consultation on results, Dr. Ravi said he was sure he could help my husband and that the horrific pain would cease. The day after surgery he was sitting up in bed with a smile on his face, and a great disposition because he was absolutely pain free and hasn't had any back pain since surgery which has been almost a year. We have recommended Dr. Ravi to several friends. Dr. Ravi is definitely a gifted surgeon and we are thankful he was recommended to us.
Have you seen Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
Are you Dr. Ramachandran?

Visit Dr. Ramachandran