Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 39

Dr. Ramachandran
2330 E Bidwell St Ste 100 Folsom, CA 95630

Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Folsom, CA and has been practicing for 6 years. He graduated from Stanford University in 2007 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Ramachandran's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ramachandran

Dr. Ramachandran?
Dr. Ramachandran's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD
I had injured my back in July 2019 and had taken it easy, trying to rest my back as I had with back past injuries. My pain was only getting worse and finally, after ending up in the ER on October 8, 2019, Dr. Ravi saw me the next day and explained my condition and I felt immediately hopeful. He reviewed my MRI and detailed the procedure that would alleviate my pain. I was extremely apprehensive about any surgery on my back, but the pain was intolerable. Dr. Ravi performed a right Lumbar Microdiscectomy 10 days later and I couldn't be happier! The recovery was easier than I anticipated as well and I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Ravi and his staff or the procedure itself. There have been 2 follow-ups office visits and I feel as good as new; no more pain, I am so grateful to Dr. Ravi, he will put you at ease with his knowledge and his kind spirit! Thank you, Dr. Ravi!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
I am a very active 63 y.o. Woman who had suffered with debilitating sciatic nerve pain for the past 9 months. I was unable to stand for more than 5 minutes without severe pain. I tried 3 different types of physical therapy, acupuncture, Bowen’s therapy, 3 lumbar injections, and a myriad of homeopathic treatments, I was finally introduced to Dr. Ravi. He was very conservative in his approach to my case and only recommended surgery after all other modalities were exhausted. I had microdiscectomy surgery and was immediately pain free. I mean right out of the OR I had no more sciatic pain. The 1 inch incision meant very minimal surgery recovery pain - I took 1/2 a Motrin after surgery and nothing more. What a blessing to get my life back. After 6 weeks of recovery, I am back to gardening, walking 2-4 miles most days and dancing again. It was truly a miraculous event for me and I don’t believe the outcome would have been the same with any other Surgeon. Dr. Ravi is truly a gifted surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
Dr. Ravi is always so pleasant to be around. He has a calming demeaner and is extremely intelligent. He has helped me so much through this whole process. He even provided me his personal cell phone number for emergencies and gave me a personal call before surgery to answer any questions I had! Wonderful doctor, intelligent man. I am incredibly lucky to be a patient of his. Go to him if you have back pain! He is one of a kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
I was injured after a fall and went to ER. Dr. Ravi was the referred physician. He examined the MRI and determined that I needed surgery ASAP for cervical injuries. He performed the surgery on a holiday...July 4th. My recovery is going well and a follow up exam with Dr. Ravi was a positive experience. He is good at what he does and he knows it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
Dr. Ravi truly gave me my life back! He is an incredible surgeon with a calm, patient & warm bedside manner! He made me feel valued during my appointments & I never felt rushed as he answered my questions, thoroughly & with a quiet confidence that I appreciated. When I had my initial consultation with Dr. Ravi in June 2019, I could barely walk for two minutes, & could not stand still at all, before being struck by severe nerve pain throughout my leg &foot. I am now 6 weeks post-op after a microdiscectomy & I have been pain free since about week three! I am walking an hour a day, standing & moving about my kitchen with ease & shopping no problem! I'm living again, instead of shutting myself off in an attempt to avoid agonizing pain. It's like I never had a herniated disc & it feels amazing to be free of the constant pain! I am thrilled with my results & Dr. Ravi expressed his happiness for my excitement at my follow up appointment! I can't say enough about this amazing doctor! 10 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
I love the results of my back surgery, and it is due to the excellent surgery that Dr. Ramachandran did. If you are looking for a highly qualified Surgeon to do your back surgery you will not find a better one. He easily deserves 5 stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
I have several health issues and many doctors and specialists, but Dr Ravi put me and my husband at ease with the very first appointment. He was friendly, patient, answered any and all questions and just saint leave the room until he knew we had all the information we wanted. After our first visit I was already being scheduled for surgery in no time! I had cervical fusion and 2 disks replaced. Since I’m already on pain management for other issues I was very worried about recovery! It was amazing!!! The pain was minimal, the scar is barely noticeable, and I’m healing phenomenally! I know Dr Ravi’s knowledge and expertise have a huge part to play. It is hard to find a dr the caliber of Dr Ravi Ramachandran and have a great bedside manor, but he really does! I will be going back this month to discuss my lumbar spine next, and I have absolutely no fear! What a difference! Thank you Dr Ravi and your amazing staff!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
Since having my neck fusion surgery, I no longer have pain, burning, numbing sensation in my arms. I no longer have pain and pressure in my neck and head. Life is great post surgery. My fusion has been a life changing event. I would highly recommend Dr. Ravi based on my excellent outcome. He listens to my concerns and is very thorough and detailed in his responses. He is exceptionally responsive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
Finally! Relief!! After enduring chronic neck pain for 30 years, Dr. Ravi fused my C3-C6 (ACDF). Now that that darn collar is off (you will hate it for 6 weeks), I am enjoying relief from the pain that dogged me for years. Dr. Ravi is a quiet, gentle and very professional man. His surgical team (also exceptionally professional and very thorough) at Mercy Hospital in Folsom told me that he was an excellent surgeon and I agree.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?
Compassion far outweighs insurance type in treatment. I left with my hope completely dashed so sad but I'm a strong woman and I'll move on. I did not realize he'd only been in practice for such a short. Of time otherwise I would not have seen him. He's extremely charismatic extremely intelligent and I am quite sure knows his field.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ravi Ramachandran, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ramachandran?

As a practitioner, Dr. Ravi emphasises conservative care above all other approaches, using operative intervention only as a last resort and practicing state of the art techniques that allow for the fastest recovery times and minimize postoperative pain.

2013
Stanford University
2002
Princeton U

Dr. Ramachandran accepts

Dr. Ramachandran accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
PacifiCare PPO
United Healthcare PPO
York Risk Services
York Risk Services PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Ramachandran's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ramachandran's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Ramachandran treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Ramachandran treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Fusion
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Disc Disorders
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ramachandran treats patients.

77% Patient experience rating, 8% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)

74% Patient experience rating, 5% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019)

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

• America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018, 2017)