Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Ravi Patel, MD
A native of Pennsylvania, Dr. Patel earned his B.S. degree from Pennsylvania State University as part of the accelerated Pre-Medical/Medical Program. He obtained his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. He graduated with cum laude honors and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. Dr. Patel completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the Emory University Clinic and Hospitals in Atlanta, GA. He then completed a spine surgery fellowship at the Harvard Combined Spine Program in Boston, MA. He served as associate surgeon at Harvard Brigham & Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. In addition, Dr. Patel visited Beijing, China, for an international spine surgery observership at Peking University Third People's Hospital. Prior to joining Orlando Orthopaedic Center, Dr. Patel worked as a staff physician and spinal surgeon in Newport Beach, CA. He has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and textbook chapters. He is an active member of many professional organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society. Outside of his professional career, Dr. Patel enjoys traveling, running, racquet sports, and spending time with his family.

25 W Crystal Lake St Ste 200

Orlando, FL 32806

Learn about Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Patel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Spine

• The Emory University Clinic & Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Patel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Orlando, FL |
I had surgery on the 20th of September, 2017. He explained the procedure and the pros and cons of it, in a very clear and knowledgeable way. He is very friendly and is always very concerned about your comfort and needs. He is the best !
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Patel!
in St Cloud, FL |
Dr. Patel is amazing! He truly cares about his patients and their wellbeing. He was very knowledgeable and patient when explaining my problem and possible treatments. His method of giving a cortisone shot was virtually painless. I have a needle phobia, and Dr. Patel's kindness and empathy soothed my anxiety. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Patel, from beginning to end. And the ENTIRE patient care team at Orlando Orthopedic was friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!
We are so grateful for the positive feedback! We'll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you again for sharing.
in Kissimmee, FL |
Dr. Patel is very professional. He will explain to you all available treatments options regarding your specific condition. De. Patel and staff are very professional, friendly and they care about you as a patient.
We are so grateful for the positive feedback!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel was excellent and I highly recommend him for your orthopedic needs My surgery went very well and I am pain free Took time to make sure my healing went well
We appreciate the kind words about our team. It's our pleasure to help you get back to doing what you love.
Deltona, FL |
Dr. Patel and his entire staff were extremely professional and helped me out throughout the entire process. I was nervous because from the beginning I knew I would need surgery for my herniated disc, but Dr. Patel kept me calm and reassured me that I was in good hands. I highly recommend him, and if you're situation is as bad as mine was where surgery is the only option, don't be nervous about it. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
We're so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Patel. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it's always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.
in St cloud |
Dr. Patel is amazing. He is so patient and listens and asks questions. I would definitely recommend him. The lake nona office staff is also amazing.
Thank you for sharing, Lisa!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Patel performed surgery on my lower back and I couldn't be happier. From the first appointment, he was caring, listened well and did a great job explaining what he would be doing. I felt incredibly comfortable every step of the way. Thank you!
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Patel at your recent visit. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!
Kissimmee, FL |
Dr. Patel is attentive and explains every procedure. My surgery went excellent and my pain is completely gone. I'm on a speedy recovery thanks to Dr. Patel!
in St. Cloud, FL |
Dr. Patel was the greatest! He and his staff had everything running like clockwork for my procedure. Dr. Patel is a very talented surgeon and he made sure I knew exactly what to expect before and after my procedure. He didn't have to engage in a lot of fluffy nonsense. He told me like it was, let me see the facts and told me what to expect for each decision I would make. I highly recommend Dr. Patel to anyone needing cervical spinal surgery, be it family friends, whomever... Thanks Doc.
in Garden Grove, Ca |
I really liked Dr. Patel. He was thorough and explained things vey well. He gave me a game plan of the steps we needed to do to discern the cause of my pain. The office staff was great. Friendly greetings from the front staff and great care by the nurse checking me in. I feel I'm in good hands.
Have you seen Dr. Ravi Patel, MD?

Visit Dr. Patel