Dr. Ravi Munver, MD

Dr. Ravi Munver, MD

Urology  |

Dr. Ravi Munver, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Munver is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center.

360 Essex St Ste 403

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Munver

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Munver's Experience

Dr. Munver's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Urology
    Accredited by: American Board of Urology*

• Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Hydronephrosis

• Cancer Surgery
  • Cancer Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Cystolithalopaxy of Bladder Stones
  • Green Light Laser Procedure
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer
  • Pyeloplasty Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted
  • Ureteral Stent Placement
  • Ureteroscopy With Laser Lithotripsy of Kidney Stones
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Vasectomy
  • da Vinci® Nephrectomy
  • da Vinci® Prostate Removal
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Cornell University
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • NewYork-Presbyterian - Weill Cornell Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Munver has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Munver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Munver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Prostate Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Munver is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Munver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Munver to family and friends
Dr. Munver's Performance
in Maplewood, NJ |
Initially I had doubts about seeking treatment and was adamant about having the procedure. He is very cordial and throughly explained procedure unlike previous doctors I had seen. His office staff is very professional and courteous. After my second consultation with Dr. Munver my family and I decided to choose him for the procedure. He gave me the confidence that I needed. My family and I are very satisfied. Dr. Munver is a highly skilled and very humble person. Truly a gift from ALLAH!
in Union County |
Diagnosis: Prostate cancer, Gleason 7, physically fit 61 year old, no other health issues. Dr. Munver recently performed a laparoscopic robotic prostatectomy on me. If I had to choose one word to describe the overall experience it would be STELLAR. His credentials are impeccable, his surgical experience and skill level is extraordinary and he is a humble person with a humanistic approach. Dr. Munver exemplifies all that is good in the medical profession and I would highly recommend him.
I am so glad that Dr. Munver was my surgeon! Highly skilled and knowledgeable. I found him to be a very compassionate and caring person. Dr. Munver explained things clearly, and he listened to all of my questions and concerns. I continue to see Dr. Munver in my ongoing follow up visits and trust his expertise. Do not hesitate, he's the best! I will recommend Dr. Munver over and over!
in West Nyack, NY |
Dr. Munver offers an extremely confident demeanor, which is commensurate with his skills. Prior to coming to r. Munver, I was suffering from a major prostate enlargement, urinating every 30 minutes, and then had retained 2 liters of urine which had backed up to my kidneys, finaly being subjected to a catheter for over 6 weeks in hope of treating the condition with drugs. After 6 weeks of faulure, I was sent to Dr. Munver, who performed the Green Laser surgery. Now I am back to normal!
Westwood, NJ |
I've received an excellent care from Dr. Munver and his team. My robotic surgery to remove a huge renal cyst at Hackensack University Medical Center was a success. His staff was very knowledgeable to handle my insurance pre-certification process. My only complain would be that as a new patient I had to wait few weeks for my first appointment. However, it was well worth it! I'm extremely grateful for the excellent treatment I received from Dr. Munver.
in Mahwah, NJ 07430 |
Dr. Munver is the best Urology Surgeon in the east coast. He preformed "Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy". Previous to the procedure Dr Munver spent 3 sessions describing the cancer treatments available to me, the procedures he would perform, the side affects , and my chances of success. Dr Munver and his team are extremely knowledgeable, warm, concerned, and professional. Its now 5 weeks since the operation and next week I'm playing golf again. I'm 73 years old.
in Hoboken, NJ |
My experience with Dr. Munver was outstanding. He explained what to expect both during the surgery (renal mass laparoscopic nephrectomy) and post-op.. I believe because of his skill my recovery was easy and painless.
Ashburn, VA |
Experience w/ Dr. Munver was great. Had to get a number of tests done and make an ultimate decision on a kidney surgery and he helped me through every step of the process (explaining options, pros and cons, etc.) Following surgery, recovery was quick and I was in great hands!
in Nutley, NJ |
My experience with Dr. Munver has been extremely positive from my first evaluation consult, through surgery, post-op consult and follow-up routine office visits. I would highly recommend Dr. Munver to family and friends alike.
in Pompton Plains, NJ |
Dr. Munver is kind and patiently answers all your questions.
in PALISADES PARK |
JEONG W SOHN from Palisades Park, NJ just a week ago, I had Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy surgery by Dr. Munver as a kidney donor to my brother. The result of surgery was excellent and I would highly recommend Dr. Munver if someone looking for Kidney transplant surgeon as a donor. Dr Munver and their UMC transplant teams are the BEST!!!
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
awesome surgeon, cares about his patients, goes the extra mile to explain, examine and work his hardest to get the job done for his patients.
in Plainfield, NJ |
Very professional Informative and competent I would highly recommend Dr. Munver to anyone requiring kidney surgery.
in Manahawkin, NJ |
Highly recommend. Excellent care for complicated issues. Waiting time can vary, but having been on both sides, consulting with him and waiting, I can handle it.
Ridgewood, NJ |
Dr.Munver is one of the most knowledgeable urological surgeons & I'm very critical & set very high standards for the medical profession.I found Dr. Munver for my husband.It took more than 3 years to get my husband to go for surgery because he didn't trust anyone else. We loved Dr. Munver, his bedside manner, his knowledge and his care. We used to live in NY and since we moved to NJ had to find doctors who provided the same quality of care. Highly recommend Dr.Munver U won't be disappointed.
in Hasbrouck Heights Nj |
I must have drafted this review 20 times because I wanted to say all I need to say about this man. After so many attempts I decided to say it as simply as I can and from the heart. Dr.Munver is one in a million. He has guided and treated me for renal cell carcinoma 4 times. He took special care in explaining, guiding and reassuring me that my life is important. I feel my health is in extremely good care and I will be forever grateful. I bless him everyday. You will be in excellent care! Promise!
in Somerset, NJ |
Was referred to Dr. Munver by a local Urologists for a second opinion after a CT Scan indicated a large mass on one kidney. Although the radiologist reading the scan gave a precautionary diagnosis Dr. Munver accurately diagnosed the condition and performed the necessary surgery in a timely manner. Dr. Munver, exudes confidence, trust, skill, and caring. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Munver. I would highly recommend him as a top Urologist.
in Garfield, NJ |
I don't think it's enough stars to show how superb Dr. Ravi Munver is. He's an excellent physician with amazing bedside manner, as well as skills as a surgeon. He saved my husbands life and we can't thank him enough. He comes highly recommended, and so he should. My husband is now Cancer free on both kidneys.
in Clifton, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Munver's excellent care for many years. Last year, after several admissions for stents in my ureter, I had my kidney removed. The surgery went great and I am leading a very "normal" life. I would highly recommend Dr. Munver to anyone experiencing any type of urologic problems.
in Hackensack,N.J. |
very 1)knowledgeable 2)Polite 3)explains very clearly 4)Conservative in treatment which is good Malu Makhijani
Wyckoff, NJ |
Dr. Munver took his time and answered all questions fully. He was courteous and had a caring attitude. I recommend him.
in Stamford, CT |
My dad was diagnosed with a left kidney mass that was found by chance. He was in big denial and very stubborn. He refused to remove the mass and was for sure it wasn't cancer. We saw several doctors did a series of tests. Buf he still didn't want to do surgery. Until we saw Dr. Munvar who opened my father's eyes and boldly said what my dad needed to hear. I have been in the medical field for 15 years I was impressed by his expertise and his patience as surgeon to deal with my fathers denial.
in Union City, NJ |
My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. After meeting Dr. Munver we knew that he was the right Dr. for the procedure. His attention to detail from full explanation of the operation to the post op expectations was explained with great care. Most of all the operation was a complete success. A week after the operation my dad is back to his regular walks and hasn't complained about pain or discomfort. I recommend Dr. Munver to anyone who's dealing with this difficult diagnosis.
in Westwood, NJ |
I feel totally confident in Dr. Munver's professional care and surgical expertise. His sincere and personal manner explaining my diagnosis of prostate cancer, treatment options, answering all my questions and addressing my concerns has made me feel at ease throughout this stressful process.
in Wayne, NJ |
The doctor is excellent and willing to take the time needed to discuss and explain all aspects of his diagnosis and treatment recommendation. The scheduling function is a nightmare and you can be on hold for half an hour waiting to get through to a human being.
Lodi; nj |
I had enlarged prostrate and had difficulty of too slow flow and frequent urination for several years. He performed laser surgery and solved problem. He discussEd the problem and solution with me. He knows what he doing.
My husband had a procedure set with Dr. Munver and took the day off from work and we made arrangements for childcare. The day before the procedure, his staff asked to push the appointment time to the afternoon, then on the following day he received a call in the morning from the office stating that they had to cancel the procedure due to the doctor calling out. Not only was this an inconvenience, but the staff was discourteous on the phone which made the experience even worse.
Have you seen Dr. Ravi Munver, MD?
Are you Dr. Munver?

Visit Dr. Munver

Dr. Munver accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
    QualCare PPO

Hospitals where Dr. Munver has admitting privileges

30 Prospect Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601

More Urology Specialists like Dr. Munver at Hackensack University Medical Center