Dr. Raul Guevara, MD

Dr. Raul Guevara, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Raul Guevara, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Irving, TX. He is 53 years old.

1215 Kinwest Pkwy Ste 120

Irving, TX 75063

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Guevara

See how frequently Dr. Guevara performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Myasthenia Gravis
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
high
Migraine

Dr. Guevara's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Diplopia
  • Dystonia
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Syphilis Infections
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Emory University School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Guevara has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guevara does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guevara and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Guevara's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Guevara to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Guevara's Performance
    FAIR
Dallas |
I could overlook the terrible bedside manner, tendency to cut off the conversation and constant "sniffing," staring at the computer and speeding through the exam. What ended it for me was the new and changing information with each visit - meds for 6 months, no, a year and finally, the rest of my life. Did a second sleep study elsewhere - NO sleep apnea. He was quick to saddle me with a CPAP machine for the rest of my life based on his "borderline" sleep study. RUN - or get second opinion!
Colleyville, TX |
Dr. Guevara is all about figuring out what ails you. He could listen more after he's done with the interview. That's where he could definitely improve. Still, this man has done nothing but good for me. He has successfully treated my psuedotumor cerebri for years and also diagnosed a muscular issue I have. His treatment has been very good. I appreciate him even though he's not the most friendly doctor. I trust him.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Raul Guevara is very thorough and kind. I appreciated his respect for my time and during time spent with him, he was very much about the reason you were there. He is not interested in spending time hearing your life history unless it pertains to your issue and that is not a bad thing because he is totally focused on your medical problems and finding a cause and solution. He is very knowledgeable about all information concerning your problem and of local doctors and their practices.
in Dallas, TX |
After reading reviews for Dr Guevara...he definitely has his way of conducting his patient care. Since I was aware of his personality I was able to just wait for him to ask the questions and then there was time at the end of the appointment for me to ask anything that I wanted to know that he didn't cover and to repeat the treatment he gave. I have found him to be a thorough and excellent doctor.
Houston, TX |
I had a horrible experience with this doctor. So horrible that I ended up filing a complaint with the state medical board. Not only was his bedside manner really poor, he wasted my time in having a bunch of unnecessary labs taken. Other clients of his overheard him discussing my confidential information. Not only that, but I heard him making fun of the fact that I am overweight to his staff in the hallway. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.
in Dallas, TX |
I'm baffled at the negative comments about Dr. Guevara. I found him to be very precise, extremely knowledgable about my medical condition, and a "straight to the point" discussion of treatment and alternatives. As to his bedside manner, I suspect that he is slightly shy and as a result the early visits are "all business" but that soon becomes very personable as patient and doctor get to know each other. I would highly recommend him to prospective patients.
Irving, TX |
HORRIBLE doctor. I will NEVER go back to him. ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE bedside manner. He basically just wants to get as money off of you as he can. He is not interested in your health. He runs a bunch of unnecessary tests, and asks you a million questions about your whole life. He tries to run tests on things that you aren't even in to see him for. DO NOT waste your time on him. He's horrible and an absolute QUACK doctor. He shouldn't even be allowed to practice medicine. I'm ashamed.
Have you seen Dr. Raul Guevara, MD?
Are you Dr. Guevara?