Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD

Dr. Tomar
Telehealth services available

Carolina Dermatology and Endocrinology, PA

244 MEDSPRING DR Clayton, NC 27520

Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Clayton, NC and has over 26 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Tomar has more experience with Diabetes and Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Govt Med Coll medical school in 1994. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Tomar to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Clayton

Dr. Tomar accepts

Dr. Tomar accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 96% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Tomar treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Tomar treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Diabetes Type 2

Dr. Tomar treats Diabetes Type 2 more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Tomar treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

Diabetes Type 1

Dr. Tomar treats Diabetes Type 1 more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Tomar treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 53% more than similar doctors

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Cushing's Syndrome
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

• Office environment (9)
  • Wait times (2)
  • Long wait times (11)
  • Office environment (5)
Dr Rashmi Tomar is an excellent, truly caring doctor! At each appointment she always takes the time to listen to my concerns and answers my questions. She’s very knowledgeable and keeps current with new diabetic drugs and devices. She recommended the FreeStyle Libre sensor system, and worked with Abbot Labs to get me approved for it. I’m so happy that I can keep tabs on my blood glucose now without finger-sticks, which have always been so painful. I recommend Dr Tomar highly!
Peggy L – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
Will not recommend this dr to anyone. She would not see my daughter bc her insurance card was on her phone and not in the printable version. Every drs office I have been in has had no issue with an insurance card on her phone. Dr Tomar was just not willing to do anything for my daughter to be seen today. Introduced herself as the office manager. I asked if the front desk office staff could just call to verify my insurance and she said no they were busy. No-one was behind me checking in. I got up and was early to an 8:00 am appointment with my daughter. She leaves for college in 2 days and has been waiting for over 2 months. Dr Tomars' priorities are not to make a difference in improving patients' lives but to make it difficult to be seen. Read the many reviews on other sites about this MD.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
She took very good care of my Aunt Mary. Very patient and thorough. Answered all ?s and never acted like she was in a hurry.
Mary Holmes' niece – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
I had my first visit with Dr. Rashmi Tomar today. I was a little concerned about my pending visit based on some reviews that I read. Fortunately, I am happy to report that after my visit, I am very pleased. I found the office staff to be excellent although some were a little too serious, as I like a little banter and conversation, but that is just me. Nothing unprofessional or out of the way, just all business with little chatting. Dr. Tomar was running a little behind but that is to be expected if you have a doctor that takes the time to listen to their patients. At no time did I feel rushed while Dr. Tomar was with me. She initially came in, introduced herself and reviewed all of the documents that my PCP had sent over instead of relying on me to tell her. Once complete she started asking questions to get the additional information she needed. We reviewed each of my issues one by one addressing them all. She welcomed the 'number history' available on my tracker and took the time to r
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
This has been the worst Dr visit in my 30 years of living. First of all, I work in the healthcare field. I came to her with a list of all my s&s and she asked me if I had googled them. Then, she said to lay off the steroids I use for when I have flare ups on my back. She also said if I had time to come see her then I have time to take a trip down to a pain management clinic down the road. She refused blood work as she assumed my cortisol levels would come back normal. How can you clear me without even looking into it first? I highly suspect Cushing’s syndrome and she completely brushed me off. She spent more time looking at her computer and interrogated me at times and had a few smart remarks. I wasted my time and hard earned money and regret making the appointment to see her.
May 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
This is my second Dr that care so much for me who only see me once a year. She check in on me. If I forget to return her call she keep calling and she know my schedule she even called me after hours to make sure my med were working ok for me. I do not have to wait for my appointment she on time with her schedule. If I call the office she the person who call back not the Nurse which would be find as well if nurse call back. She a awesome DR. DR Terry Poole was the first and he retired
Pauline in Clayton, NC – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
I have been caregiver for my Mother for 10+ years and Doctor Rashmi Tomar has been very helpful! She has taken excellent care of my Mother and understanding of the difficulties I have faced as her caregiver. My Mother has been insulin dependent for more than 50 years and Doctor Tomar is by far the best Doctor my Mom has ever had in her corner. Her staff has also been very kind and helpful.
Clayton – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
I saw doctor tomar with a cortisol level of 0.5 and very tired . She did not help me at all no blood work no cortisone booster shot and no labs and says see you next year , I'm done never going back so she can kill me.
Clayton, NC – Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Rashmi Tomar for my Type 1 diabetes since my diagnosis in 2011. She is always thorough in her assessment of my ongoing condition during office visits, answering questions and offering advice regarding ways to keep my diabetes under control. She is always knowledgeable regarding updates in diabetes medicine and devices and answers my questions regarding how using something new may affect me. I find her to be a knowledgable and caring doctor.
JCL in Clayton, NC – Aug 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
Dr. Tomar completely cut off my prescription for Synthroid, that I need to live since I had my complete thyroid removed. She has no bed side manner, and accused and intimidated me mutiple times about lying about forgetting to take my medication, which we ALL do occasionally. I thought doctors were to do no harm? Would a doctor cut off someone's blood pressure medicine or insulin? No. I will never be back.
Clayton, NC – May 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?
She was rude, didn't listen to my problems and concerns, she just looked at her computer the whole time, was snappy and I feel like she descriminated against me because I did not have health insurance, even though I paid in cash the full amount. Would not draw my blood for tests in the office . Basically told me that my referring doctor was stupid and without listening to a word I said told me I was fine. Waste of money and time. I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor. She had no remors
Hillary in Angier NC – Aug 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rashmi Tomar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tomar?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism