Dr. Rashmi Kapur, MD

Dr. Rashmi Kapur, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Rashmi Kapur, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Elgin, IL. She is 40 years old.

1530 N Randall Rd Ste 202

Elgin, IL 60123

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Kapur

See how frequently Dr. Kapur performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetic Retinopathy
Floaters
Retina Diseases

Dr. Kapur's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Benign Neoplasm of Choroid
  • Benign Neoplasm of Eye
  • Blindness
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Eye Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Meerut U
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Northwestern University At Evanston Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kapur has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi

Dr. Kapur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kapur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kapur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kapur to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Kapur's Performance
in Rockford Illinois |
My mother had cataract surgery and went blind from an infection in the eye....Dr. Kapur admitted my Mom and did surgery the next day and saved my mother eyesight....she is very respectful and knows her profession... My mom has vision in her eye where she could've been blind forever.....thanks Dr. Kapur I will recommend you to the world
in Lancaster, PA |
Dr. Rashmi Kapur of Retina Health Institute told me I needed immediate surgery on both eyes when I went in for a folo up to a surgery in Iowa a week earlier. Didn't even want to get the record from the Dr. in Iowa. I insisted. I did NOT have it done and they still overbilled my insurance company for other things. She probably thought she hit the lottery that day when she saw how good my ins. coverage was. The intake report says patient complaining of blurry vision. Wrong! Avoid this practice!!
in Des Plaines, IL |
Dr Kapur is knowledgeable,compassionate and very dedicated. She always takes the time to explain everything and makes sure you understand it.She goes above and beyond. She is a wonderful doctor and most of all a wonderful person.I highly recommend her. Thank you for all you have done for me. I really appreciate you.
in Roscoe, IL |
Dr. Kapur is without question the most kind and knowledgeable retina specialist. My first exam (with a different doctor) he said "we don't like to use the B word" (meaning blind). Dr. Kapur has brought me to 20/30 or better! I would not go to any one else! Additionally, she is kind and compassionate.
in Capentersville, IL |
Dr. Kapur has been my retina doctor for roughly the past 2 1/2 years. She is a kind, compassionate person, yet professional. She stays informed on updated macular research. Having injections in your eye can be a scary thought yet Dr. Kapur makes it a painless procedure. She'll answer your questions, putting your mind at ease. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kapur to anyone looking for help in dealing with Macular Degeneration. Her staff is very competent and friendly.
Genoa, IL |
Dr. Kapur is a skilled doctor with wonderful bed side manor. She makes you, the patient, a priority. She saved my vision! I would highly recommend to family and friends!
in Lake In The Hills, IL |
Before saying that you are an extraordinary doctor, I want to tell you that you are an extraordinary human being. Thanks for showing so much care and concern.
in Carpentersville |
I am so appreciated and grateful to have Dr. Rashmi Kapur in my life. Many of your patients have recommended you as a good doctor. But I am going one step further to also to recommend you as a great human being. Thanks.
in Sycamore, IL |
Dr Kapur has been treating me since an emergency retinal detachment in 2014. As this was a total unexpected event, I was shocked and afraid of losing my vision. Dr Kapur not only took the time to explain the entire procedure, her skill as a gifted surgeon, and her passion for my total recovery and after care are evident in every visit. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE FACING EYE ISSUES AS SHE IS THE BEST!!!
Elgin, IL |
By far I've had my worst experiences with Retina Consultants and Dr. Kapur. Overall, the offices are unorganized and do not know how to give patients a courteous expectation of their visit. God forbid you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. If you need an invoice they're not ready until the following week? Dr. Kapur does not engage in any conversation to get to know patients or help them feel comfortable. My last follow up visit I had to wait 1.5 hours for a 5min examination.
in Schaumburg, IL |
She has been treating my mother for macular degeneration and I have been with her for every visit. Dr. Kapur has shown wonderful bedside manner and excellent clinical skills. I highly recommend her.
Have you seen Dr. Rashmi Kapur, MD?
Are you Dr. Kapur?