Contact provider for availability

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Mathew

Trinity Wellness Center

1907 S 17th St Ste 1 Wilmington, NC 28401

Dr. Rano Mathew, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Wilmington, NC and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from University Of Massachusetts Medical School in 1990 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Mathew accepts

Dr. Mathew accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Dr. Mathew treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Mathew's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.9

Dr. Mathew?
Dr. Mathew's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rano Mathew, MD
Brilliant doctor. Finds solutions / approaches that work. Aggressively continues to expand his education / knowledge base. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Most people with a mental condition would probably agree that finding a doctor that really understands your psychological profile is a very difficult task. I've been a patient of Dr. Matthew for over 2 years now and he has helped me tremendously. His understanding of natural and preventative methodologies compliment his scientific knowledge. I've felt comfortable with him since day one. If I have questions he usually responds in a timely manner. Without question the best doctor I've had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
I saw Dr. Mathew a couple of times. I felt only fair about his bedside manner. He could use more care regarding your feelings as he was a little blunt and a bit upsetting in his choice of words. Also, he told me the second visit he couldn't help me but he wouldn't give me any referrals. What kind of medical care and responsibility is that?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Dr. Rano Thomas Mathew was no help! I think he doesn’t care much about his patients. He treated me with arrogance and disrespect. The doctor seems helpful at first but after a few months when I came back with a complaint the meds are not helping me, he just dumped me (refused to treat me anymore) without trying to soften the blow by admitting his inability to solve my problem and referring to a more competent doctor! I strongly recommend seeking help with professionals who have more compassion!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
I came in thinking I had been on my antidepressants way too long and that I had probably built up a tolerance to them; my other Dr's would not consider changing my meds, because of current symptoms. I then learned about TBI and in researching noticed some of my symptoms could possibly be related to serious auto accident I had 20 years earlier. I went to Dr. Mathew and after studying me he has been cutting my anti-depressants and offered another medication that works for TBI, 5 months later I
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Dr. Matthew cares nothing about his patients. He hires a bunch of LPN's to work under him and has no idea what is going on within his practice. A DNA test was ordered to see which anti-depressants would work best for me and ones definitely to avoid....and what do they do?...put me on the one medication that the DNA tests says not too. I lost my short-term memory for 6 weeks! Mental health is so fragile and when your in crisis Trinity Health will NOT be there for you. Please choose your DR.wisely
I am truly sorry for your unfortunate experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Dr. Mathew was my adult son's doctor for many years. His treatment of long term use of Subutex, Ritalin or like substance, and Prozac, was a recipe for disaster. When his family requested a meeting, he did not validate our concerns not did he implement random drug tests, as requested. He began the meeting by saying we had 15 minutes. My son is now in a long term treatment center in San Antonio, TX. We are feeling hope for the first time in a long time. Our son had begun injecting Subutex.
I am sorry for your son's experience with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Dr. Mathew is an excellent physician! I have been under his care for nearly a decade, and he has continued to work with me through thick and thin, when most doctors would have thrown in the towel. This is a rare quality in the practice of Psychiatry. He is willing and trained to work in a lot of evidence-based treatment modalities. He is a great doctor and a kind human being. If you're reading this and looking for a doctor, he is highly recommended and I wish you all the best... Good Luck!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Biased diagnosis. Deceitful, dishonest and untrustworthy. Doesn't care about the patient at all. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
This doesn't seem like a legitimate review so I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Please avoid this doctor. Untrustworthy! Doesn't have the patient's best interest in mind.
Probably the same disgruntled patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
Dr. Mathew is a wonderful psychiatrist with not only the highest standards of treatment, but he is also totally patient oriented. He gives me the time that I need to talk about the issues that I have had since the last visit. One of the greatest things that this practice offers is a treatment called LENS. Electrodes are placed on the areas of my brain which are the sources of my psychiatric issues. The electrical impulses through my brain really do improve my symptoms.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?
After knowing Dr.Mathews for a number of years it is with my deepest regret that he is not compassionate at all. Don't expect any help in time of crisis
I am human. Please dont call me after hours to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mathew?