Dr. Rano Mathew, MD
Not Accepting

Dr. Rano Mathew, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Trinity Wellness Center 1907 S 17th St Ste 1 Wilmington, NC 28401 Get Directions

Dr. Rano Mathew, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Wilmington, NC. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

Dr. Mathew's Experience

See how Dr. Mathew's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mathew

Dr. Mathew's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mathew to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Mathew's Performance
Wilmington, NC |
I came in thinking I had been on my antidepressants way too long and that I had probably built up a tolerance to them; my other Dr's would not consider changing my meds, because of current symptoms. I then learned about TBI and in researching noticed some of my symptoms could possibly be related to serious auto accident I had 20 years earlier. I went to Dr. Mathew and after studying me he has been cutting my anti-depressants and offered another medication that works for TBI, 5 months later I
Wilmington NC |
Dr. Matthew cares nothing about his patients. He hires a bunch of LPN's to work under him and has no idea what is going on within his practice. A DNA test was ordered to see which anti-depressants would work best for me and ones definitely to avoid....and what do they do?...put me on the one medication that the DNA tests says not too. I lost my short-term memory for 6 weeks! Mental health is so fragile and when your in crisis Trinity Health will NOT be there for you. Please choose your DR.wisely
I am truly sorry for your unfortunate experience with your DNA testing. I do not hire LPN's. I do have four very competent mid-level working with me at Trinity . They are independent contractors, licensed and certified by their respective board . We do have a patient portal that allows patients to have direct electronic access to their provider and have their questions answered in between appointments.
Spring Lake, NC |
Dr. Mathew was my adult son's doctor for many years. His treatment of long term use of Subutex, Ritalin or like substance, and Prozac, was a recipe for disaster. When his family requested a meeting, he did not validate our concerns not did he implement random drug tests, as requested. He began the meeting by saying we had 15 minutes. My son is now in a long term treatment center in San Antonio, TX. We are feeling hope for the first time in a long time. Our son had begun injecting Subutex.
I am sorry for your son's experience with addiction and glad that he is receiving inpatient care. I always ask patients on buprenorphine to consider tapering off. I don't book the length of appointments and can be booked for extended followups. I did not book you for 15 minutes but do try to keep to a schedule so that all my patients can be seen on time. I am trained in the use of neutraceutical therapies, botanicals and suppplements and prefer to prescribe them when a client is willing.
Columbia, SC |
Dr. Mathew is an excellent physician! I have been under his care for nearly a decade, and he has continued to work with me through thick and thin, when most doctors would have thrown in the towel. This is a rare quality in the practice of Psychiatry. He is willing and trained to work in a lot of evidence-based treatment modalities. He is a great doctor and a kind human being. If you're reading this and looking for a doctor, he is highly recommended and I wish you all the best... Good Luck!
Wilmington, NC |
Biased diagnosis. Deceitful, dishonest and untrustworthy. Doesn't care about the patient at all. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
This doesn't seem like a legitimate review so I cant respond directly to it. But I would like prospective clients to know that clients have been discharged from our practice for non-payment and abuse of illicit substances. You could trust this anonymous review or you could ask your physician or therapist to recommend a psychiatrist. I would recommend the latter. Im not going to bother any of my happy patients to write reviews.
Please avoid this doctor. Untrustworthy! Doesn't have the patient's best interest in mind.
Probably the same disgruntled patient.
in Wilmington, NC |
Dr. Mathew is a wonderful psychiatrist with not only the highest standards of treatment, but he is also totally patient oriented. He gives me the time that I need to talk about the issues that I have had since the last visit. One of the greatest things that this practice offers is a treatment called LENS. Electrodes are placed on the areas of my brain which are the sources of my psychiatric issues. The electrical impulses through my brain really do improve my symptoms.
in Wilmington, NC |
After knowing Dr.Mathews for a number of years it is with my deepest regret that he is not compassionate at all. Don't expect any help in time of crisis
I am human. Please dont call me after hours to complain that I'm moving offices and 5 miles is too far to drive to see me. Thats not a crisis.
Have you seen Dr. Rano Mathew, MD?

Compare Dr. Mathew

Dr. Mathew's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Mathew has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mathew's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

University Of Massachusetts Medical School

Graduated in 1990

Loma Linda University Med Center

Completed in 1991

Loma Linda University Med Center

Completed in 1994

Wesleyan University

Dr. Mathew does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mathew and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry