Dr. Rani Nasser, MD

Dr. Nasser
Telehealth services available

Department of Neurosurgery

222 Piedmont Ave Ste 2200 Cincinnati, OH 45219

Dr. Rani Nasser, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Cincinnati, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Christ Hospital and University Of Cincinnati Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nasser to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

See similar Neurosurgery Specialists in Cincinnati

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Nasser accepts

Dr. Nasser accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Nasser's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nasser performs this procedure more than 58% of his peers

Fracture

Dr. Nasser treats Fracture more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Nasser treats this condition more than 49% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Avulsion Fracture
  • Displaced Growth Plate Fracture
  • Distal Radius Fracture
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Arm (incl. Elbow and Shoulder)
  • Fracture of Facial Bone
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Wrist and Fingers)
  • Fracture of Leg Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Insufficiency Fracture
  • Upper Extremity Fracture
  • Vertebral Compression Fractures
  • Vertebral Fracture
  • Wrist Fracture
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Nasser's conditions and procedures:

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Rani Nasser, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Nasser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nasser

Dr. Nasser?
I don't know where to start other than saying that Rani is a miracle worker. I've never been to a doctor that seemed to care for me nearly as much as Rani. I spent nearly 3 years with increasing pain levels before finding out I had a Myxopapillary Ependymoma that was nearly 2.5" long in my lumbar spine. I went into the surgery way more scared than I would ever admit at the time. I'm now exactly 2 weeks post-op and couldn't be doing better. My pain directly after the surgery and up to now hasn't even been as half as bad as they were pre-op. I've yet to experience any deficits from the surgery. Actually I feel like I'm recovering so fast it's amazing. I find that I have to keep telling myself not to over-do it because I feel so great. I hope that I don't ever need him as a surgeon again, but if that day comes I will not have a single fear. I don't feel like I could be in better hands. From all my family and friends that have been with me through this I say Thank You Rani!
Jason S – Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I had major back surgery in 2012, in California. Recently, I noticed my physical health was declining: I went from upright to bent over, having difficulty walking, struggling to get up the stairs, and unable to sit without pain shooting down my legs. I chose to have an evaluation by Dr Nasser because my friend had a complex surgery by him in 2019 and is doing well. The MRI and myelogram showed a broken Rt. Rod, several screws loose with one dangerously close to my spinal cord. After Dr. Nasser completed the surgery, I was walking the following day and I had minimal pain. Since my return home, I am upright! I so enjoy taking a full deep breath!! I walk 2 miles a day without fatigue, go upstairs easily, and have no pain with sitting! I got my life back! Thank you, Dr. Nasser for your extraordinary blend of professional knowledge and skills with your genuine gift of interpersonal relationship!
Sandy Mills, R.N, M.Ed. – Jul 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I want everyone to know what a wonderful job Dr. Nasser did during my back surgery. I did not get to choose my surgeon due to being rushed to the hospital after being struck by a vehicle, so God chose one for me and He chose Dr. Nasser. Thanks to his expertise, and In spite of the severity of my injuries I am able to walk and am expected to make a full recovery. If anyone is in need of back surgery and are worried about having it done, I can ensure you, Dr Nasser and his team are the right ones to do it. Very professional and experienced. You'll be glad you did.
Jun 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Dr. Nasser, I appreciate you. Thank you for dedicating your life to healing the disabled. Because of your altruism, hard work, and brilliance, I can walk again. Thank you for giving me the best care and meticulous attention to detail with my surgery and follow up. I’m proud to be your complicated patient with a successful outcome. I recommend you to everyone who wants a compassionate and competent spine surgeon.
Kelly Howis – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
God works miracles through my wife and my surgeon. I was disabled for over a year, never able to hold my head up and see the world, but I had tried several treatments and had become discouraged. However, my wife never gave up and finally found Dr. Nasser. He was the first doctor to give us hope. He has a way of explaining things that helped me understand what my body was doing and how surgery could help. He gave me my life back.
Kevin – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I’m a little late in posting this review, but I definitely still wanted to let others know about my superb experience. Dr. Nasser is on top of his game. We are so lucky to have his expertise available to us here in Cincinnati. I had considered traveling for care until Dr Nasser was recommended to me so I checked him out. He showed me the results of a similar case he performed. The surgery for my complex revision went perfectly and I’m able to walk with ease again. I could not ask for a better result or surgeon. On top of that, he is just a cool guy.
Steve – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Nasser and his team. His office building was very accommodating to my condition. He did a good job answering my questions. Most importantly, my surgery was successful with no complications. I was surprised how fast I recovered. He communicated promptly when I had more questions. I would choose him again for my next surgery.
John J – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I was pretty worried to have my spine surgery done during a pandemic, but I really could not wait any longer. Dr. Nasser and his whole team put me at ease. Everyone was wearing masks and talking about the extra precautions they were taking throughout the hospital. I felt very safe there. Dr. Nasser also did an excellent job making me feel better. I highly recommended his team for anything you need done.
Toshika – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Dr. Nasser is my hero. He works tirelessly and selflessly on the front lines during this crazy pandemic to save people’s lives. He was so supportive of my mom post surgery when I couldn’t visit due to restrictions. Thank you for being so kind and compassionate.
Gina – May 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Dr. Nasser only wanted to rush me into surgery without looking at other options and would not listen to any of my concerns.
Ggjohnson630 – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Dr Nasser did an ACDF fusion C5-C7 procedure on me in Nov 2019. My entire experience w/ him has been outstanding. When I 1st went to see him, I was wanting a 2nd opinion. Another neurosurgeon had seen me one time and wanted to do this ACDF procedure right away. I'm pretty highly functioning and my symptoms were numbness and loss of muscle due to atrophy from an old spinal cord injury. Dr. Nasser and his team didn't want to jump into surgery right away but chose a more conservative approach. After observing me over the better part of year, they decided that surgery was my only long-term option. I was truly impressed with the entire team at University Hosp. From the pre-op exams to the procedure itself it really was well orchestrated. Dr Nasser is a really talented guy w/ a great team around him. I would highly recommend him.
Dave Isaac – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Sir William Osler said, "The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease." Dr. Nasser is a great doctor because he starts by being a good person. He always shows me respect and empathy, like my friend. I appreciate his honesty about my condition along with his optimism that got me through such a tough time in my life. When you work in the medical field for as many years as I have, you appreciate the true gems of humanity like Dr. Nasser.
Becca – Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I most admire Dr. Nasser’s strength of character. He is humble. He is kind. He is honest. He took the time to get to know me so that my treatment plan was individualized. That’s why we waited so long to do surgery. When it was obvious we could no longer wait, I trusted his judgement completely. I feel so lucky to have met this incredible surgeon who made my life better. God was watching over me to make sure I connected with the right person to heal me.
Jamila – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
If I had a son, I would be proud if he turned out just like Dr. Nasser. He treated me with utmost respect and sincere compassion. He healed my fears as well as my body. He worked tirelessly through my long successful surgery and supported me throughout my recovery. I couldn’t have asked for a better surgeon. Thank you Dr. Nasser!
Tonia M. – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Dr. Rani Nasser is truly a man of good character, which I define as honest, reliable, ethical and courageous. He was respectful and ethical when discussing my previous spine surgery performed by another surgeon almost a decade ago. Dr. Nasser told me he doesn’t make promises he can’t keep, and he was confident he could make me significantly better by correcting what was done to me. He was right! My pain is gone! He checked on me reliably during my follow up care and showed genuine kindness and concern to me and my family. I’m so thankful he had the courage to help me when the other surgeons dismissed my complaints.
Mr. Jacobs – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Nasser for accurately diagnosing my spinal tumor before it was too late. I was very nervous about the surgery because of all the risks, but not having the surgery could have left me paralyzed. Dr. Nasser put me at ease because he has a lot of experience with my condition. He is an excellent surgeon and caring person. He is very concerned for my wellbeing. I recommend him with 100 stars.
Mikie – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
???????????????????? Dr. Nasser operated on my husband who had been told without surgery he would be paralyzed. Dr. Nasser performed surgery on him after we had been referred by another doctor. My husband is doing great! I highly recommend Dr Nasser, I consider him a friend as well as my husbands surgeon. He also called my husband at home to see how he was progressing. Dr Nasser is #1 in my book. If you need a surgeon dont look any further than Dr. Rani Nasser. Sincerely. Cheryl Loman
Cheryl Loman – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
Dr. Nasser is one of a kind. I lived with back pain for 19 years and never fully understood my spine issues until seeing him. Dr. Nasser explained everything to me in a way I finally understood. He discussed all possible options with me. He made me feel well cared for and listened to. Where other doctors have made me feel like I’m exaggerating, he showed me true empathy.
Abbey L. – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I can’t say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Nasser! Great surgeon! My surgery went off without a hitch. I can’t believe how patient he is to operate for so long in such a tiny area. Highly recommended!
Henry H. – Jan 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?
I had the best experience with Dr Nasser and his team, from my first visit, to the surgery, to the hospital stay and then in follow up appointments. He really took care of me and made me better. I appreciate his kindness and understanding of my special needs. He answered all my questions very patiently.
G.H.T.III – Jan 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Nasser, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nasser?

Dr. Nasser is a prolific researcher who has published more than 32 peer reviewed papers and book chapters. He is actively involved in ongoing research and presents his work at national and international spine conferences. Dr. Nasser aims to provide the greater Cincinnati community with world-class comprehensive spine care, always putting patients and their families first.

• Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Nasser communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nasser offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nasser offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nasser have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nasser offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nasser offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (513) 475-8990