Dr. Rani Nasser, MD

Dr. Nasser
Telehealth services available

University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute

3113 Bellevue Ave Cincinnati, OH 45219

Dr. Rani Nasser, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Cincinnati, OH. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Christ Hospital and Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nasser to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Rani Nasser, MD with other Neurosurgery Specialists near you

Dr. Nasser's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nasser

96.45390070921985%
0.7092198581560284%

Dr. Nasser
I always get top notch care from Dr. Nassar and everyone in his organization. I am seeing great improvements in the quality of my life following the surgeries to help my chronic back issues. If anyone is having spinal issues, see Dr. Nassar and his team.
K. Aylor – Aug 27, 2021
Dr. Nasser is the most caring and knowledgeable surgeon I have ever been to. He recently did back surgery for me and I no longer have nerve pain down most of my leg. He actually personally called me on the night of the surgery to see how I was and if i needed anything!
Lois – Jul 24, 2021
I went see Dr Nasser after my back pain continued to get worse doing almost nothing. I had an MRI and had a bulging disc. It was quite large and could not made better by physical therapy. He did a minimally invasive micro discsecomy. The procedure was done as an out surgery and the actual surgery took 1 hour. The recovery was easy. It has now been 6 months I have no back pain and no restrictions. I play golf 3-4 days a week, I walk at lest 3 miles a day. I also swim. I had such bad pain before my surgery my foot and right calf were numb. The numbness has gone away. I still have some tingling in my big toe and second toe, it continues to get better everyday I am 62 year old active female and feel like I have gotten my life back. I take no more meds for pain. There were times that I could not put any weight on my right foot due to the nerve pain. I did not have to have a cushion they just cut out the bulging disc. If your are suffering please consider having this surgery
Gwen Carr – Jul 08, 2021
Dr Nasser performed a multi level revision spinal fusion. He has excellent people skills in addition to being an outstanding surgeon. He was willing to do the surgery that another doctor felt was to complicated. Dr. Nasser gave me a life back! Prior to the surgery I could barely walk or stand more than 10 minutes. I can now take walks again and sleep at night. It has been 18 months and it is great to be able to have a life again. The entire staff in his UC office, his PA Amy, nurse Alexa are all wonderful and always provide detailed information and care. They have patience and take the time to explain and answer all concerns. I can not recommend him highly enough. If you have back pain, do not accept it, go to Dr Nasser at UC. U C is far better than the Cleveland clinics or University hospital in Cleveland. I am so happy I did not give up.
Robert Kent Meiners – Mar 09, 2021
Dr. Nasser (UCH) is an approachable, compassionate and caring doctor. I have complete faith and trust in what he tells (told)me and his surgical skills. Before the surgery I was in such pain that I was pretty sure that I couldn't continue living. (Scoliosis) I was 76 when he operated on my spine T-12 -S for 9 hours. After the surgery I was weak but had no pain. UCH's nursing staff and support team were just terrific and gave me wonderful care. After a year of full recovery I do planned exercises to keep up my strength. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Nasser, Dr. Perkins and everyone who restored me. Our community is extremely fortunate to have a doctor of Dr. Nasser's international experience and skill in Cincinnati OH.
Nancy – Feb 23, 2021
Dr. Nasser is a rare breed amongst doctors. He is kind, compassionate, and thorough. Additionally, his skill set is top notch. It’s not often that you find this combination in a doctor! I have complete faith in him and his team. I had a ruptured disk and his quick actions, I believe, saved me from life long nerve damage. Throughout the process he took time to listen to me, provide a thorough examination, and provide excellent follow-up care. I highly recommend Dr. Nasser for any neurological concerns.
Stephanie – Jan 20, 2021
I would like to thank DR Nasser and his team for the excellent care I received removing a spinal tumor that I had been dealing with for many years. he informed me on my first visit that this tumor was benign and did not have to be removed right away and could wait until it stared to effect my quality of life. Last November I started to have severe pain, I contacted DR Nasser and after meeting with him I decided to go ahead with the surgery. Dr Nasser was very open about covering the risk and informing me that this was a very complex surgery that he and my ENT surgeon would be performing 2 surgery's the same day to remove the tumor. I went in for the surgery in May and was in the hospital for 2 days. The recovery was a painful at first but after a couple weeks the pain I had was gone and after some physical therapy I was back to a normal life. I want to thank DR Nasser and his team for everything they did for me and highly recommend him for his caring and support. Thanks again
Bob Wuebbling – Dec 29, 2020
I am very impressed with Dr. Nasser. He is very thorough and explains things well. I am 70 yrs. old and had screws in my back already. He replaced the old screws and went up 2 more vertebrae’s and put 10 screws 2 rods and a spacer in my spine. It has been 4 months since my surgery. He told me the only thing I could do was walk to strengthen my back. I walk between 5 to 7 miles a day and have no pain. What a miracle worker Dr. Nasser is.
Ron Liddle – Nov 12, 2020
By the time I met Dr. Nasser I had already had 4 spinal surgeries. I am 53. He did a L-1 to L-5 Fusion and Rod screwed in (Feb 13th 2020) He had his hands full with me. I am heavy( 6' 270 lbs)and WAS a Smoker. I had already lost 100 lbs (365 was my highest weight) He said he would not operate on me until I was 90 smoke free. The screws won't heal right in my spine. I'd heard this before with my prior surgery (Jan 2019) where I got a plate screwed in to my neck and 3 disc fused. I am 10 months smoke free now. It was a 12 hour surgery and I was told a year recovery. I had a minor setback in June where I stepped into a hole (I didn't fall but was jolted pretty good) I pulled some muscles that had just healed. My right leg is almost normal again. My left thigh still burns and is numb. Left side nerve compression was the worst. I stretch and walk now. I am taller than Dr. Nasser now. He has amazing bedside manner and put me at ease during a scary time. Highly recommended
Robert Haarman – Aug 16, 2020
I don't know where to start other than saying that Rani is a miracle worker. I've never been to a doctor that seemed to care for me nearly as much as Rani. I spent nearly 3 years with increasing pain levels before finding out I had a Myxopapillary Ependymoma that was nearly 2.5" long in my lumbar spine. I went into the surgery way more scared than I would ever admit at the time. I'm now exactly 2 weeks post-op and couldn't be doing better. My pain directly after the surgery and up to now hasn't even been as half as bad as they were pre-op. I've yet to experience any deficits from the surgery. Actually I feel like I'm recovering so fast it's amazing. I find that I have to keep telling myself not to over-do it because I feel so great. I hope that I don't ever need him as a surgeon again, but if that day comes I will not have a single fear. I don't feel like I could be in better hands. From all my family and friends that have been with me through this I say Thank You Rani!
Jason S – Jul 23, 2020
I had major back surgery in 2012, in California. Recently, I noticed my physical health was declining: I went from upright to bent over, having difficulty walking, struggling to get up the stairs, and unable to sit without pain shooting down my legs. I chose to have an evaluation by Dr Nasser because my friend had a complex surgery by him in 2019 and is doing well. The MRI and myelogram showed a broken Rt. Rod, several screws loose with one dangerously close to my spinal cord. After Dr. Nasser completed the surgery, I was walking the following day and I had minimal pain. Since my return home, I am upright! I so enjoy taking a full deep breath!! I walk 2 miles a day without fatigue, go upstairs easily, and have no pain with sitting! I got my life back! Thank you, Dr. Nasser for your extraordinary blend of professional knowledge and skills with your genuine gift of interpersonal relationship!
Sandy Mills, R.N, M.Ed. – Jul 15, 2020
I want everyone to know what a wonderful job Dr. Nasser did during my back surgery. I did not get to choose my surgeon due to being rushed to the hospital after being struck by a vehicle, so God chose one for me and He chose Dr. Nasser. Thanks to his expertise, and In spite of the severity of my injuries I am able to walk and am expected to make a full recovery. If anyone is in need of back surgery and are worried about having it done, I can ensure you, Dr Nasser and his team are the right ones to do it. Very professional and experienced. You'll be glad you did.
Jun 21, 2020
Dr. Nasser, I appreciate you. Thank you for dedicating your life to healing the disabled. Because of your altruism, hard work, and brilliance, I can walk again. Thank you for giving me the best care and meticulous attention to detail with my surgery and follow up. I’m proud to be your complicated patient with a successful outcome. I recommend you to everyone who wants a compassionate and competent spine surgeon.
Kelly Howis – Jun 19, 2020
God works miracles through my wife and my surgeon. I was disabled for over a year, never able to hold my head up and see the world, but I had tried several treatments and had become discouraged. However, my wife never gave up and finally found Dr. Nasser. He was the first doctor to give us hope. He has a way of explaining things that helped me understand what my body was doing and how surgery could help. He gave me my life back.
Kevin – Jun 17, 2020
I’m a little late in posting this review, but I definitely still wanted to let others know about my superb experience. Dr. Nasser is on top of his game. We are so lucky to have his expertise available to us here in Cincinnati. I had considered traveling for care until Dr Nasser was recommended to me so I checked him out. He showed me the results of a similar case he performed. The surgery for my complex revision went perfectly and I’m able to walk with ease again. I could not ask for a better result or surgeon. On top of that, he is just a cool guy.
Steve – Jun 16, 2020
I had a great experience with Dr. Nasser and his team. His office building was very accommodating to my condition. He did a good job answering my questions. Most importantly, my surgery was successful with no complications. I was surprised how fast I recovered. He communicated promptly when I had more questions. I would choose him again for my next surgery.
John J – Jun 04, 2020
I was pretty worried to have my spine surgery done during a pandemic, but I really could not wait any longer. Dr. Nasser and his whole team put me at ease. Everyone was wearing masks and talking about the extra precautions they were taking throughout the hospital. I felt very safe there. Dr. Nasser also did an excellent job making me feel better. I highly recommended his team for anything you need done.
Toshika – Jun 02, 2020
Dr. Nasser is my hero. He works tirelessly and selflessly on the front lines during this crazy pandemic to save people’s lives. He was so supportive of my mom post surgery when I couldn’t visit due to restrictions. Thank you for being so kind and compassionate.
Gina – May 16, 2020
Dr. Nasser only wanted to rush me into surgery without looking at other options and would not listen to any of my concerns.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ggjohnson630 – May 15, 2020
Dr Nasser did an ACDF fusion C5-C7 procedure on me in Nov 2019. My entire experience w/ him has been outstanding. When I 1st went to see him, I was wanting a 2nd opinion. Another neurosurgeon had seen me one time and wanted to do this ACDF procedure right away. I'm pretty highly functioning and my symptoms were numbness and loss of muscle due to atrophy from an old spinal cord injury. Dr. Nasser and his team didn't want to jump into surgery right away but chose a more conservative approach. After observing me over the better part of year, they decided that surgery was my only long-term option. I was truly impressed with the entire team at University Hosp. From the pre-op exams to the procedure itself it really was well orchestrated. Dr Nasser is a really talented guy w/ a great team around him. I would highly recommend him.
Dave Isaac – May 07, 2020

How was your experience with Dr. Nasser?

Dr. Nasser is a prolific researcher who has published more than 32 peer reviewed papers and book chapters. He is actively involved in ongoing research...Read more

Rani Nasser, MD, is an assistant professor of neurosurgery in the Department of Neurosurgery at the UC College of Medicine. He completed medical school...Read more

• Neurosurgery