Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD

Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Female
Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 10 years. She graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine in 2009 and specializes in pain medicine.Read her story

1740 W Taylor St Ste 3200W

Chicago, IL 60612

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Chovatiya's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chovatiya's Top Procedures and Conditions

Low Back Pain

Dr. Chovatiya treats Low Back Pain more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Chovatiya treats this condition more than 80% of her peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Chovatiya treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 79% of her peers

Dr. Chovatiya treats this condition more than 79% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Discography
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Injection
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Upper Back Pain

"Dr. Chovatiya believes that chronic pain is a complex phenomenon that can take a severe toll on a patient, both physically and emotionally - significantly impairing their quality of life. As a pain physician her goal is to approach the problem from all aspects and effectively treat the human body and spirit."

• Pain Medicine

4.1

Dr. Chovatiya?
Dr. Chovatiya's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD
Dr. Chovatiya has been one of the best doctors I’ve had. She is very passionate when it comes to her patients. She truly cares about your health. Honestly, she’s like another family member. You can talk to her about your health and/or personal issues. She doesn’t judge you. She goes out of her way to find ways to help your medical issues go away or improve. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to different medications for you as an individual. Thank you Dr. Chovatiya, Deborah Jackson
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
I have been a patient for the last 2 years and really liked the explanation of my condition and treatment. During my procedure I could relax a bit knowing I was in good hands and hearing Dr. Chovatiya's calm voice eased my nerves. She has an excellent staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
I really like Dr Chovatiya a lot!!! I feel horrible that she is leaving town and have to choose another Pain Management Dr. She is very caring and understanding. She always gave me time to discuss my back pain and made suggestions of what to do next. She didn't look at you like you were a drug addict even though you needed to refill a pain script. To bad shes Quitting Aurora and moving since I'm stuck with Aurora. Now my search begins another understanding Pain doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
I am eternally grateful to Dr. Chovatiya! I had been dealing with back pain for years and she knew exactly what to do. After two injections, I am pain free! I wish I had seen her sooner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr. Chovatia is one of my favorite Dr. I have had. she is very pleasant to talk to. always willing to listen to what I have to say about my pain and gives good response. she has done multiple injections in my lower back and always made me feel comfortable. very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
I think you are a very intelligent doctor and i love how you treat your patients with kindnesses and respect and love
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr. C is amazing!! She properly diagnosed me when all other pain doctors failed. She is very knowledgeable and thorough. She has done injections for me which have helped my pain so I don't need to have surgery. I highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr. Chovatiya was a very good doctor to me she really cared to find out what was wrong with my back and never pre judged. She tried and make me feel as comfortable with every step in getting my back better. Some her nurses have made me feel uncomfortable at times, and judgemental but dr chovatiya has to my knowledge been good to me as a person. I am going to miss her
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr. Chovatiya is so kind and a complete sweetheart - she always makes me feel comfortable and explains everything she is doing so it makes sense. She takes her time to listen to my concerns and she even called me at home to share my MRI results. She has helped me so much! I would recommend her to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Not a snowball's chance in heck would I recommend that anyone goes to Dr. Chovatiya. She spent less than 5 minutes talking to me before making up her mind it was because I was overweight and needed to go to a weight loss program. Perhaps the weight was gained because my back was in so much pain that I haven't been able to do much but sit for the last 6 months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr Chovatiya did not really help me in any way. She did not listen to me and barely examined me. It was like she had her mind made up about me before she even saw me. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Very unhelpful and certainly not compassionate about my pain, and I think that is very undesirable considering she's a pain management doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
It was a terrible experience! They didn't even know the reason I was being seen even though I called twice to explain. I went for chronic pain after major surgery, and right before I was to see her I was given a questionnaire whereby one of the questions was "have you ever been sexually abused before adolescence?" What does that have to do with my pain? Once I saw her she said she could not help and asked if I had tried behavior therapy. She basically blew of my pain as psychological! AWFUL!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr. Chovatiya and her staff are friendly and courteous. They listen and answer any questions you may have. I really appreciate there professionalism. And of course the back injections were successful!!!!??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
Dr. Chovatiya did an excellent job listening to my concerns and quickly got appropriate test orders to diagnosis problem areas. She takes her time and answers all questions. I feel very confident with her skill set and especially appreciated her willingness to help me navigate through all my pain areas. She even recommended a specialist outside her scope of care for a higher level of success. To me, that's a doctor who cares more about her patients then her ego. Office staff was friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
I've had 13 yrs of experience with 4 different pain doctors and she is the best of them. Rather than the usual 10 minute appointment I'd become used to with other doctors, she encouraged me to ask questions and she knowledgeably answered them. She gave me several different treatment options and I fully trusted her recommendations. Normally I leave a doctor's office with nothing but more prescriptions, I left hers with a plan in place and new found hope.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?
She would not listen to my needs at all. She did what she wanted and prescribed what she wanted. If there was a negative rating for this doctor, that is where I would rate her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rani Chovatiya, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chovatiya?

Insurance accepted