Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Rangram Chandran, MD
ADVANCED RETINA INSTITUTE is a brand new state of the art retina specific medical and surgical practice and 6000 sq ft building. We Opened Dec 1 2014. We are conveniently located 1 block away from Valley BMW in Modesto off Bangs/McHenry at 304 Banner Ct, Modesto, California. Rangu Chandran, M.D., has been living and practicing full time as a retina specialist in Modesto since June 2004. He grew up in Southern California in Corona. His father is a retired ear, nose, and throat surgeon, and his grandfather is a retired general surgeon. He received his undergraduate training at Stanford University. He completed his medical school training at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston where he served as president of his graduating class. After finishing his ophthalmology surgery training at Yale University, he returned to Baylor College of Medicine for a two-year postdoctoral retina surgery fellowship. His practice at ADVANCED RETINA INSTITUTE is devoted only to retinal diseases and surgery. He maintains active board certification by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a Member of the American Society of Retina Specialists. His major clinical interests are diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, uveitis and retinal tears and detachments. Dr. Chandran is married, has three boys, and lives in Modesto. He enjoys playing sports and is an avid guitar fan.

304 Banner Ct Ste 1

• Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Chandran

ADVANCED RETINA INSTITUTE, is committed to providing the highest quality of medical and surgical retina care in a timely fashion with great compassion, efficiency, honesty, dignity, personal attention, and respect.

Dr. Chandran's Experience

Dr. Chandran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blindness
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis

• Eye Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University
  • Yale New Haven Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Baylor University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Chandran has no media or publications listed.

• Assyrian
  • Hindi
  • Portuguese
  • Tamil

Dr. Chandran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chandran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chandran's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chandran to family and friends
Dr. Chandran Says:

Thank you for your valuable and honest feedback.

I always try my very best to provide the best care and most personalized attentive experience for my patients.

Please don't hesitate to call or write with your suggestions at

Phone 209 572 2020

Advanced Retina Institute

304 Banner Ct Suite 1

Modesto, CA 95356

Warmest Regards,

Rangram Chandran MD

Dr. Chandran's Performance
in Turlock, CA |
In 2014, my eye Dr discovered I had a macular hole and I needed surgery, fast, to prevent further damage. Dr. Chandran was recommended Within 7 days I was being operated on. Dr. Chandran explained in the first appointment what was going on with my eyes and assured me if I followed his instructions, I would be OK. From the very first appointment to now, 3 years later, I am a very satisfied patient and would recommend him to care for your advanced eye care. Bob S Turlock, CA
California |
Best ophthalmology doctor
in Denair, ca |
Dr. Chandran and his caring staff are extremely dedicated to serving the needs of there patients. He is the most caring person I have ever meet. I have trusted him with my eye sight and he treats my eyes as if they were his own eyes. He has restored my vision from 20/50 back to 20/20 more times than I can count. I have lost track of how many injections to my eyes and how many laser treatments he has administered. But each and every one is done with extreme care.
in Turlock, CA |
My name is Robert Yohanan , 2 years ago I fell and damaged my head which caused my right eye to be damaged and it is the only eye I can see out of. the left eye was damaged at birth.. I went to my optometrist for glasses Doctor Hoobyar in Turlock and he sent me asap to doctor Chandran which was kind enough to take me asap. They rushed me into surgery in one day or I would have been blind in my only good eye. I spent 3 months 24/7 with my head down and Prayed my eye would heal. God heard me and G
in Turlock, CA |
He is the best. I Recommend Dr. Chandran to any one who needs eye care. I give him a 10 plus. Thank you Dr. Chandran for all you do.
in Turlock, CA |
I am writing in regards to my Step-Father, Bob Yohanan's care, provided by Dr. Chandran. Dr Chandran's diagnosis, procedure, and after care, was wonderful in everyway. I personally want to thank you, Dr. Chandran, for your serious attention, and consideration applied, in giving my Dad the best eye care possible, to avoid damage or risk Thank You! Keri Costner
Manteca, CA |
I would like to share my experience the first time I met with Dr. Chandran. I had lost the eye sight in my right eye. Dr. Chandran took all the time necessary to evaluate the condition, and make a decision on how to proceed. Dr. Chandran is very loyal to his patients and very concerned for their well being. His positive attitude and encouragement have been very helpful during a time of frustration and uncertainty. Thank you Dr. Chandran for my eye sight.
in Modesto, CA |
As a caregiver for my 97 year old mother, naturally I'm concerned about the best health care possible for her. She has severe macular degeneration which brought us to Dr. Chandran about 6 years ago. From our first visit, both my mother and I were very pleased with Dr. Chandrans understanding and gentleness with dealing with an older patient. He is very thorough, takes time to explain where she is with her eye situation, and steps that we all need to take to maintain her level of vision.
in Modesto, CA |
Dr. CHANDRAN has being caring for my aging parents for eight years. Combined, I've probably accompanied them on approximately 90+ appointments. While most specialists are highly skilled, most tend to treat the diagnosis and display little compassion for the patient as a whole person. Dr. CHANDRAN is the exception; he takes the time to listen carefully and offers thorough answers. He openly displays interest all the patient's medical concerns. While busy, he never seems rushed or impatient.
Have you seen Dr. Rangram Chandran, MD?
Are you Dr. Chandran?