Dr. Randolph Bishop, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 57

Telehealth services available

Neurological Inst Ambltry Sgy

1 E Jackson Blvd Ste 101 Savannah, GA 31405

Dr. Randolph Bishop, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Savannah, GA. Dr. Bishop has more experience with Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Candler Hospital and East Georgia Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bishop to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Bishop with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Memorial Health University Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Memorial Health University Medical Center today at (912) 600-1600.

These providers are on the medical staff of Memorial Health University Medical Center.

Dr. Bishop's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bishop

3.0

11.904761904761905%
11.904761904761905%

Dr. Bishop
I was sent to doctor bishop by workmen compensation. The first doctor workmen compensation sent me to was ignorant incompetent completely a paid clown. Dr bishop was top of the line courteous thoughtful totally professional and knowledgeable. Left his office walking on clouds he was such a breath of fresh air and relief .
Kevin Dasher – Dec 24, 2020
Dr. Bishop and his staff are amazing!!! He has performed all 3 of my back surgeries and the spinal cord stimulator procedure. He has been my doctor for over 10 years. He truly cares for his patients and wants what's best for them.
Black – Jan 22, 2020
I am three months post op from Lumbar Decompression Laminectomy performed by Dr. Bishop. I am so glad I decided to see him for my procedure. I still have a lot of healing but I feel a lot better.
Tammie – Dec 22, 2019
Dr. Bishop did my spinal fusion ba in July 2015 and at first everything was great. But I need another surgery but try as I might I can't get in touch with them. It seems to me that once they operate on you they forget about you.
  • Appointment was rushed
Elizabeth G Brisson – Nov 17, 2019
I've been calling the wrong number for Doctor Bishop his new number is 912-348-9495 I hope this helps
Karen E. Seckinger – Oct 01, 2019
How do I call or visit Dr. Bishop's new office? I can't find the address online anywhere. And the phone number that I call has a looped message that won't let me speak to anyone. I need to setup an appointment asap. Any advice that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Aug 26, 2019
Unfortunately Dr Bishop has moved to another practice that never returns appointment requests; did I mention "NEVER"!!
Aug 20, 2019
Knowledgeable doctor. He spent alot of time with us and ultimately my husband had surgery with Dr Bishop after noone else would touch my husband. My husband’s back was messed up from another surgeon in town and we are so thankful that Dr Bishop fixed him!! We are going on a cruise this fall thanks to God and Dr Bishop for giving us our lives back!
P Blankenship – Aug 16, 2019
Dr Bishop has moved to a new office with new office personnel. Things are so much better.
Aug 16, 2019
Dr. Bishop and his staff sucks. My husband had surgery a few weeks ago Dr. Bishop has not yet to this day spoke face to face with me or my husband. We saw his PA for first office visit. His surgery was rescheduled 3 times because of incompetent Robin. The day of surgery we were expecting to meet Dr. Bishop, no doctor. The PA/NP whatever she was spoke with me and my husband and specifically told her we have never laid eyes on Dr. Bishop. Still no formal introduction before or after surgery. Totally unacceptable before by a surgeon with over 25 years of experience. This is very uncommon and unheard of. I actually work in the medical field. I want privileged people and big ego docs to know that's it's people unlike you that has contributed greatly to your life style that you have been afforded to live. We really feel discriminated against and treated unfairly. Hopefully and prayerfully we'll meet you one day so I can humbly tell you this face to face.
Jul 17, 2019
Dr. Bishop operated on me in June 2019. I had a couple different things going on, but he fixed me. I had been in pain since January. After Dr. Bishop operated on me, I had immediate relief. Dr. Bishop and his P.A., Kelli are the best. Great folks!
Phillip Bedgood – Jul 12, 2019
Dr. Bishop and his nurse were wonderful to deal with and very professional as well as friendly
May 26, 2019
His staff are incompetent and rude. His nurse, Robin, makes you feel unimportant and never gets the precepts completed for injections that the Dr. ordered.
Mar 31, 2019
Dr. Bishop was nice and seemed to want to help me: however, his staff is rude (Robin) and lack of communication with office staff and incompetency of his staff left me hanging for 3 months waiting for injections. My insurance company recommended I find a new and competent office staff. After 3 mos and 3 orders from Dr. Bishop for injections, with NO success nor concern from his team to get me pre-certed, I found a new Dr. I’ve had 2 rounds of injections. Precert took 1 week.
Mar 31, 2019
Literally help save my life!!! An amazing Dr. Very professional and knowledgeable. The best!
Jan 20, 2018
My wife was involved in a jet ski accident in1997, I thought our lives would never be the same. Her 11th thoracic vertebrae was broken and she was bleeding internally. She was taken by helicopter to Memorial MC in Savannah. Once the bleeding stopped Dr. Bishop removed T11 and replaced it with a titanium sleeve packed with bone, connected it to T10 and T12 with a strap and screws. 10 days later we were on our way home to Phila. 1 year later she was back to work. Thank you Dr. Bishop. We love you!
Bob V. in PA – Jun 30, 2017
best dr I have ever had no pain even 1st day,did not need to take any pain meds. dr bishop is my hero ,after 9month of constant pain I am pain free.
dianne s cooper in sav. ga. 31406 – Jan 23, 2017
Dr Bishop is a neurosurgeon which means, he makes his money off of doing surgeries. However, when he treated me the first thing he wanted to do with physical therapy not rush me under the knife and for that, I have much respect. He would have made a lot more money off of me had he taking me into surgery, but because of my younger age he wanted to try everything else first. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
HMP in Savannah, GA – Jan 06, 2017
I really like Dr. Bishop, his obvious knowledge of his trade makes you feel instantly in the right hands. I'm a 33 year old woman who was honestly at the point that I thought spinal surgery was my only option for relief (I wasn't interested in the time or money injections and PT would require) and he took care in answering all my questions thus dissuading me. He suggested I try yoga, so I bought some DVD's and some accessories and I couldn't be feeing better!
  • Long wait times
Tessa in Guyton, GA – Nov 17, 2016
I grant you, Dr. Bishop, did take the time to explain the MRI, but My and my family concern was he didn't take the time to come out after surgery and explain what took so long and what else he had to do during surgery. If I hadn't seen him in the hall way after coming from the bathroom with a nurse, then I wouldn't have seen him then. He nor his staff has never called to see how I was doing, nor a follow up visit. I now have other problems that has come up , and I certainly won't recommend
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Chicago, IL – Nov 01, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Bishop?

Focus on minimally invasive outpatient spine and pain surgery

Dr Bishop is a pioneer in spinal endoscopic and minimally invasive spine surgery.  He also has a special interest in brain surgery for movement disorders...Read more

• Neurosurgery