Dr. Randall Wong, MD

Dr. Randall Wong, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Randall Wong, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Fairfax, VA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

3930 Pender Dr Ste 10

Fairfax, VA 22030

Learn about Dr. Wong

See how frequently Dr. Wong performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Retina Diseases
high
Floaters
Vitreous Hemorrhage

Dr. Wong's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Wong's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wong "In this digital age where patients are becoming consumers, I believe it is very important for doctors to display 3 things; personal transparency, running a transparent medical office and to provide value. Professionally, I am board certified ophthalmologist and my practice is limited to diseases and surgery of the retina. Many of my patients have diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration or need surgery. Intraocular injections are given commonly for a variety of disorders, too. I have a combined family of 5 children, I play competitive tennis, hate to play golf, love Dunkin' Donuts coffee (black!) and feel Starbucks is simply no treat at all. Our kids love our labrador retrievers. As I have recently changed my practice locations, I hope that if you are a previous patient of mine we can reconnect here! All the best, Randy Randall Wong, M.D."

This content was provided by Dr. Wong "My goal is to educate you about your retinal eye disease. Often retinal diseases are difficult to understand in one visit. I have created a blog, www.RetinaEyeDoctor.com, to help you understand more of your disease. I also believe that communication online (e.g. email and blogs) can be a great way to enhance your knowledge and enhance our relationship."

• Ophthalmology

• Astigmatism
  • Cataract
  • Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Photocoagulation
  • Removal of Intraocular Foreign Body
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Settlement : 4/22/2015
    Amount or Range: $1,600,000.00
    Nature of Complaint: OUT OF STATE CLAIM: Location Not Reported. Reported by Florida Department of Health
    State: Florida
  • Judgment : 2015
    Amount or Range: Above Average
    State: Virginia

• Haverford College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Bryn Mawr Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Georgetown University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Charles Retina Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Wong has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wong to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Wong Says:

One of the daily challenges for any doctor is to be timely. I respect your schedule and time. There are a host of factors that lead to "running behind." If it happens daily, then there clearly is a problem with the office. Emergencies, especially for a retinal specialist, are very common. With every patient I try to educate and the time required varies. I am proud of my "scores!"

Dr. Wong's Performance
Annandale, VA |
Dr. Wong is a wonderful retina doctor. I have undergone multiple surgical procedures, and my husband has undergone one. Dr. Wong is knowledgeable, attentive to detail, communicates well, and is responsive to questions. He has patients from all over the world and has a number of medical professionals among his patients.
in Erie, PA |
Today was the one year anniversary of the amazing vitrectomy Dr. Wong performed on my right eye to remove a horrendous floater that had plagued me for years. A year later I am happy to report that I remain floater free, and with wonderful vision! From the beginning, Dr. Wong made me feel welcome and comfortable about the procedure, which went smoothly, and with no complications whatsoever. I will always be grateful for his incredible work. Thank you again Dr. Wong!
Great communication. Great office experience. Terrific results from surgery.
Dr. Wong sees patients from all over the US and from other countries. Even the nurse who administered the preop questionnaire raved about Dr. Wong and said that he was scheduled to perform her own surgery. I had excellent care and was well informed at each stage of treatment. Wonderful results.
in Fairfax, VA |
I was referred to Dr. Wong by another doctor at Dressler Ophthalmology as she found a hole in the macula of my right eye. Dr. Wong was friendly, very correct and I immediately felt I could trust him with the surgery he said I needed to repair my eye. His bedside manner was excellent, my eye is repaired and I would recommend him to anyone needing surgery like I did.
in Fairfax, VA |
Outstanding bedside manner, presented all surgical options with pros and cons.
Saw Dr. Wong three times for a vascular occlusion. Dr. Wong'so bedside manner is poor. On my last visit as he put in the instrument to hold my eye open for my third injection he pieced my eyeball and my knee jerk reaction was to grab his arm. He yelled at me for 5 minutes, I mean really yelled about how I will never do that again. I understand why he did that both don't understand why he had to scream at me. I ran out in tears, never to return.
Have you seen Dr. Randall Wong, MD?
Are you Dr. Wong?