Dr. Randall Solomon, MD

Dr. Randall Solomon, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Randall Solomon, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Port Jefferson Station, NY. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Read his story

55 Nesconset Hwy Ste 1

Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776

Learn about Dr. Solomon

See how frequently Dr. Solomon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Psychiatric Diseases
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Solomon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Solomon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Solomon "Following medical school at the State University of New York at Buffalo and residency training in Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh, Dr. Solomon moved to Long Island in 1989 and founded the practice that was to become Island Psychiatry. Twenty seven years later he is even more engaged and committed to providing the highest quality mental health care and consultation services. Dr. Solomon's perspective on life brings energy, excitement and innovation to the growing practice. He leads with a passionate vision for redefining mental healthcare delivery through a relentless pursuit of quality practices. Dr Solomon's ultimate goal is to diminish the systemic injustices that interfere with a patient's ability to obtain the most informed care. "

This content was provided by Dr. Solomon "Our Mission, Vision, Care and Purpose:

Mission: Provide as much access as possible to high quality mental health care.

Vision: A mental health care delivery system that is:  More Effective, More Comprehensive, More Equitable and More Caring

Care:  We treat each person with the utmost respect.  This is done collaboratively in the context of a trusting, caring and non-judgmental relationship

Purpose: With a heartfelt conviction, we believe that our commitment to a relentlessly energetic approach to providing care will help guide you toward a mentally healthier life.  "

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Colorado College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Western Psyc Inst/U Pittsbu
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Solomon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Solomon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Solomon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Solomon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Solomon to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Solomon's Performance
in Chandler, AZ |
Been with Dr. Solomen for past 20 years until I moved to AZ. He has helped with my OCD, and various addictions. He has been professional, compassionate , and has helped me with the negatives in my life. I would recommend him to anyone seeking help having to do with a mental problem.. He is the best!!!
I have been a patient for the last six plus years. Dr. Solomon is an exceptional doctor. He and his staff have been professional, compassionate and extremely accommodating. This experience has changed my life.
Thank you! Patients like you motivate us every day to break down barriers to mental health treatment so that people can be mentally well and quite simply, enjoy life.
in New York, NY |
Horrible service with patients Makes you wait for hours and hours for an electronic RX to Be sent. No courtesy for his patients and horrible at what he does. Very unprofessional and non caring Don't let him fool you Go somewhere else!!! Horrible experience I will never return again.
We apologize that your experience here did not meet our standards. At Island Psychiatry, we are committed to a comprehensive treatment approach that includes therapy services to patients as a part of psychiatric treatment to improve outcomes. We do not participate in the trend of "5 min-med-checks". As a result, we send prescriptions after patient visits. We encourage patients to request a refill of medication 2 days prior as pharmacies and authorizations can delay medication refills.
in Coral ny |
Caring and compassionate. Knows what to do to relieve your symptoms fast. Keeps up to date with the newest treatments.
Thank you! Dr. Solomon's years of experience are able to guide his treatment approach and we're so glad this worked for you. Our patients drive us to explore the newest treatments. This is essential in any medical care and particularly in mental health care as there are always advances in the emotional, biological and physiological body and brain.
in Saint James |
I have been a patient of Dr. Solomon for a long time. He is one of the few doctors on LI, who does talk therapy. I suffer with depression disorder. He doesn't see you for 15 minutes and writes a prescription. He knows exactly what is going on with you. He doesn't read it from notes of another provider or a licensed therapist. I have visits of 45 minutes and I never feel rushed. I leave there with a positive way of thinking about what is troubling me at that time.
Thank you! Dr. Solomon and the practitioners at Island Psychiatry practice with a heartfelt conviction and a commitment to guide our patients to a mentally healthier life. We believe that we therapy is an important component of psychiatric care that cannot be replaced by medication alone, despite the trends. We are so happy that this is working for you!
in Middle island NY |
Seeking help for a mental illness,especially for a man can be very difficult.Dr Solomon will put you anxietys at ease.Since being diagnosed with treatment resistant major depression and seeing about a half a dozen other doctors,I was blessed with finding him with the expertise and cutting edge treatment he gives.The tenacity he has in trying to relieve your troubling symptoms as quickly as possible shows how concern he is for his patients.I highly recommend his services.You won't be disappointed
Thank you! We are so glad that your experience has been so positive. Stigma around services can be a powerful barrier and we are so glad that you have surmounted that at Island Psychiatry. Dr. Solomon is extremely dedicated to helping his patients relieve symptoms. Depressive symptoms can be particularly difficult to treat without a specialized, skillful approach, with a pulse on "cutting edge treatment" as you well-noted.
in Huntington, NY |
I've seen Dr. Solomon for almost 2 years and have found him to be one of the most compassionate and caring doctors I've ever seen. He helped me get through a very difficult time in my life. I was surprised to see the negative reviews but then realized they were all written by employees who were required to go for an exam. Of course they would not like Dr. Solomon if he found them unfit to work! They criticize his diagnosis but he was spot on with mine. You would be lucky to have him as your doc!
Thank you! We are so happy that you received the compassionate care that you deserve. Dr. Solomon is as committed to his patients as he is to service children in the community through district employee evaluations. A careful and complete assessment is the cornerstone of a psychiatric evaluation as it guides a treatment plan with the goal of a mentally healthier life.
Have you seen Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?

Visit Dr. Solomon