Dr. Randall Solomon, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Solomon

Randall Solomon MD

55 Nesconset Hwy Ste 1 Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776

Dr. Randall Solomon, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Port Jefferson Station, NY and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Solomon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Solomon

4.0

Dr. Solomon?
Dr. Solomon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Randall Solomon, MD
As a current patient of Dr. Solomon's I am satisfied with the care I receive, however, the amount of negative reviews is concerning. I believe a physician who has taken the hippocratic oath is obligated to treat anyone who enters his office with dignity and respect. I understand that teachers are not his patients but it appears that some are undeniably mentally ill. To systematically negate their complaints solely on the basis of their psychiatric mandate seems unethical. I am blessed to have my mental health, yet if I were an ill employee walking into Dr. Solomon's practice I would hope to be treated in the same manner as a patient. Anything less than that would be discriminatory.
I totally agree that physicians have a supreme...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
I cannot say enough positive things about Island Psychiatry. I have been a patient of Dr. Solomon's for 15 years and have recently been seeing Alexandra Paul as well. The practice is very caring. I work in NYC and they have been great with working around my odd schedule. I have found that attending my sessions has helped me greatly with the issues I have been experiencing, and I have recommended them to others as well. I feel that they really care and cannot recommend them enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
Mental Health treatment the way it should be! Thanks Island Psychiatry for helping my daughter!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
I have struggled for most of my life with a variety of mental health issues and have seen many mental health care practitioners throughout my life. I am a highly educated professional and did much research before booking an appointment with Dr. Solomon. I have been a patient of Dr. Solomon’s for many years and I must say, without reservation, that he is an excellent, professional, understanding, and trustworthy doctor. He is conservative with prescribing medication so a patient knows that he or
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
A rare breed of doctor! Dr. Solomon obviously cares about his patients. Seen him for years and he is always professional (but warm), knowledgeable and honest. No BS. Unfortunately not many like him are left.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
"Dr. Solomon is an excellent psychiatrist. He is intelligent and has insightful therapeutic skills. I have had the fortune of being one of his patients. He is up to date in his field, has compassionate interventions and goes the extra mile for his patients. To have Island Psychiatry at his locations- is a gift to the community's mental well being. The NP, staff at Island Psychiatry is superb. They are available and provide quality care. I would highly recommend Dr. Solomon and the team."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
Dr Solomon is a rare find: an amazing blend of remarkable intellect and compassion. He understands the brain/mind and behavior better than others, and is skillfully adept at explaining everything in terms that patients easily relate to. As a community primary care provider, I never hesitate to refer my patients to Dr. Solomon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Solomon. I initially sought treatment for severe depression. I found him to be understanding, empathetic, and non-judgemental. He respects personal boundaries, which is very important and allowed me to over time establish trust. He never once made me feel inferior for my mental challenges, and alway treated the relationship as a partnership to strive for better mental health. I would highly recommend Dr. Solomon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
I see Dr. Solomon for medication. Unlike other doctors, who spend five minutes with you when you come in for a refill, Dr. Solomon talks with me about things that are going on in my life. He keeps up to date with medication and other research. I was fortunate to have found Dr. Solomon on a referral from my GP when I moved out here. If I had a close friend or relative who needed the services of a psychiatrist, I would recommend Dr. Solomon without a second thought.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?
Dr. Solomon is an outstanding psychiatrist. He helped me get through a deep, dark horrible depression many years ago. He worked with me with cognitive therapy and medication. I feel fantastic now and am leading a normal life. Dr. Solomon spends ti me with his patients unlike many psychiatrists who will only spend 5 minutes and write you a perscription for meds and ask you how you are doing. Dr.Solomon is very caring. He, in my opinion, is the best psychiatist in Suffolk county.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Solomon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Solomon?

Our Mission, Vision, Care and Purpose:

Mission: Provide as much access as possible to high quality mental health care.

Vision: A mental health care delivery system that is:  More Effective, More Comprehensive, More Equita...

• Psychiatry

Dr. Solomon accepts

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Solomon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Solomon's Top Procedures and Conditions

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Dr. Solomon performs Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) more than 67% of his peers

Dr. Solomon performs this procedure more than 67% of his peers

Dr. Solomon's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Other Psychiatric Medication Therapy (Inpatient Only)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Stress Management
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Randall Solomon MD