Dr. Randall Robbins, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Randall Robbins, MD
Dr. Randall Robbins, board certified physician, is a graduate of the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. His extensive study continued during an internship and later residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Robbins received additional training through a Specialized Preceptorship in Open and Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery. He is a member of several professional organizations including The Clinical Orthopedic Society and the Tennessee Orthopaedic Society, and is a board examiner for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Additionally, Dr. Robbins provides his expertise as the team physician for the boys and girls athletic teams at Clinton High School. He has traveled on numerous occasions to assist in medical mission work in Haiti and Ghana. Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

Dr. Robbins' Experience

See how Dr. Robbins' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Robbins

Dr. Robbins accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Robbins is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Robbins has admitting privileges.

Dr. Robbins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Robbins to family and friends
Dr. Robbins' Performance
in Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Robbins has always provided me with top medical care. If my medical problem is not within his field of care, he has always made arrangements for me with other experienced and qualified physicians.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Would not have use of right arm had it not been for Dr. Robbins. Awesome Doctor! Thank You
in Oak Ridge |
Dr. Robbins is a wonderful doctor! I cannot express my appreciation of him and his staff anymore than that! The professional treatment that I receive there keeps me going back every time I need an orthopedic surgeon!
in Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Robbins is fantastic!! Not only is he a great surgeon, he is a very nice man which makes him so good at what he does. He doesn't talk down to his patients & takes time to explain things in a way that is easy to understand. His staff is awesome, ALL of them! The PT dept is super, very helpful & patient with those of us trying to get well following surgery or trying to rehab from an injury. Dr Robbins office is the best I've seen in my 70 years!! Thank you all for your courtesy!!
Knoxville, TN |
Could not be more satisfied!
Crossville,TN |
Dr Robbins is very thoughtful and spends time explaining everything that is happening.He has ideas and thoughts about how my situation can be better. He seems to spend time on research that would improve my situation
in La Follette, TN |
Dr. Robbins is very precise in his surgeries. He did a wonderful job on my hip replacement and by seeing the xrays, i was astonished. GREAT work! I would recommend him to any one.
in Oak Ridge , TN |
Always a True Profesional! Expeditious and completely thorough! Explains diagnosis do that I can understand without question. Great Team! Great Doctor! Thanks, Dr. Robbins!!
in Oneida, TN |
Dr. Robbins is a wonderful, skilled and caring physician. He is patient-oriented and that is reflected in the efforts of his entire staff. Terrific care from wonderful people!!!
in Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Robbins is our Family's Orthopedic doctor for years. He successfully reattached my 3 yr old Daughter's finger after her brother and cousin slammed it in the door cutting off her finger just after the 2nd joint. The finger works fine and has full nerve response. My daughter is now 24. Dr. Robbins has been great in helping me with my damaged right wrist, my dislocated right shoulder, and now my right hip. He is professional, welcoming, and explains everything very well. Great Doctor!
in Parkers Lake, KY |
Dr. Robbins is the only Orthopedic Dr. I would ever go to ....He know what he is doing I had one knee surgery about 13 years ago and now having trouble with other knee, Did a MRI the other day on other knee waiting for him to call, I do know he will not do surgery at all if there is another way of fixing the trouble, I travel hour 1/2 to 2 hour just to go to him.....
in Harriman, TN |
I felt welcome every visit with both the PA, Ryan or Dr Robbins. However, I was not fond of his PA, Amy. I saw her on several occasions and every time she was a bit pushy, didn't seem to listen to me and only tried to push a specific kind of surgery. Once I met with Dr Robbins, he put all my fears to rest and helped me make a decision to proceed with a much less invasive procedure. I continue to see Ryan and Dr Robbins with complete confidence! His knowledge and bedside are A++!
in Clinton, TN |
Dr. Robbins is WONDERFUL!!! He knows everything there is to know about sports medicine and orthopaedic surgery!! He also has the best bedside manner of any doctor that I've ever met or heard of. He has done surgery on me and almost every member of my family and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful doctor!!!
in Clinton, TN |
excellent knowledge ,complete explanations , courteous and friendly, trustworthy , listens to explanations , hears and uses patient explanations , rechecks on patients, available for questions, asks for patients feedback.
in Harriman, TN |
My son and I are former motocross racers which resulted in a few broken bones and twisted joints. Randy has taken care of us for 20 years. He and his staff have provided excellent care throughout.
in Kingston ,TENN 37763 |
Dr. Robbins has always been friendly . His medical staff very friendly and answer any.questions. Dr Robbins has done 7different surgeries on our family. We are very pleased with the results and will continue to go to him as long as he is there.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Robbins and his staff are very caring. Dr. Robbins repaired a tear in my rotator cuff, and I recovered very well. He is very friendly, kind, and knows his stuff. I have recommended him to family members and friends.
in Oak Ridge, TN |
He does not listen to patients concerning their needs for pain control. I am GENETICALLY high tolerance for medications in general (not just pain meds, therefore not due to being a pill-head). I'm also a healthcare provider, so I know what I need. He heard none of it, and as a result I am left in excruciating pain, with no hope of relief. If you are high tolerance to medication, I would NOT recommend Dr. Robbins. However, if you are not, he would probably suit you just fine.
in Clinton, Tn |
My carpal tunnel surgery on both hands went great! He has very good bedside manners and really cares about his patients. Even made a courtesy call to make sure I was doing well and if I had any questions or concerns about my hands. If I ever have to have surgery again he will be the only one I will use. Very friendly and makes you feel important as his patient.
in Jacksboro, TN |
I was impressed with Dr. Robbins concern about providing the most positive surgical outcome. He truly listened and addressed my concerns regarding medications, post-operative expectations, and was very encouraging. I was equally impressed with Dr. Robbins giving his time to assist patients at a clinic in Haiti in which I gladly volunteered to donate my brace. Francis and Clinton were both great in assisting me prior to seeing Dr. Robbins. He has a quality team in which I would highly recommend.
in Kingsport, TN |
Feels like too much of a salesman.
Oak Ridge, TN |
Explains everything so you understand and are at ease. Dr. Robbins is the best. But hopefully you won't have to speak to Goldie in his office. I called to verify and ask some questions about a procedure and she was unbelievably rude and had a tone in her voice.
Have you seen Dr. Randall Robbins, MD?
Are you Dr. Robbins?

Compare Dr. Robbins

Dr. Robbins says...

Dr. Robbins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Robbins has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Robbins' Board Certifications

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport

Graduated in 1989

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Dr. Robbins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Robbins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine