Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Randall Latorre, MD
I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and attended St Lous University High School. This was a Jesuit school that helped create the man and physician I am today. I attended Vanderbilt University and completed a B.S. in mathematics. I completed medical school at the University of Missouri-Columbia. My general surgery internship was at the Univesity of Kentucky Medical Center. I went onto Yale Medical School for intensive 4-year residency in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery. I completed a 1-year fellowship, San Francisco/Santa Rosa, California, in Facial Plastic Surgery. I raised my family in Tampa Bay since 1999.

12500 N Dale Mabry Hwy # F

Tampa, FL 33618

• AARP
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Latorre

As an ear, nose, throat &facial plastic surgeon, I believe in an upfront approach with my patients and open discussion. I prefer In office, minimally invasive procedures but will recommend surgery when indicated. When treating ailments with medicine, I will work toward the lowest dose possible to control my patient's symptoms. I understand the need to involve other specialists when necessary. I believe my practice adds a personal touch for my patients and spend the time needed with them.

Dr. Latorre's Experience

Dr. Latorre's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Gastresophageal Reflux-Related Chronic Cough
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperpigmentation
  • Oral Cancer
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perilymph Fistula (PLF)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Tinnitus
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiogram
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Myringotomy
  • Nasal Packing for Epitaxis
  • Nasal Reconstruction
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Soft Tissue Mass Biopsy
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Surgical Biopsy

• Yale Med Sch/Yale New Haven Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Perkins Fac Pls Surg
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Latorre has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Latorre does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Latorre and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Latorre's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Latorre to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Latorre Says:

I would like the opportunity to discuss any issue my patients have. Having said this, contacting my office to discuss these issues is more than welcome. I also prefer that my patients use their names in Healthgrades so I can contact them.

What I have noticed is that the internet provides a great sounding board but anonymity. Nothing can be changed for the better unless it is openly discussed.

Dr. Latorre's Performance
in Clearwater, FL |
I conducted a search for an ENT and based upon reviews I selected Dr Latorre. I am very happy and satisfied with my choice. All of the staff that I have interacted with our professional and courteous. The wait time is average to none. Dr Latorre as well as his nurse takes his time answers all of your questions with clear demonstration and explanations. He is knowledgeable and experienced and I trust him
in Tampa, FL |
My son had severe sinus congestion and had never been able to breathe through his nose. Dr Latorre diagnosed the issue and corrected the structural problems that existed with my son's sinus. The results have been excellent.
in New Port Richey, FL |
Worst experience of my life. Randy informed me after surgery that he had done a bunch of EXTRA. I also informed him after surgery I had a debilitating sense of smell after surgery he told me "your welcome". You should of woke me up and asked before you did "a bunch of extra". Strange that the ct scan before surgery says mild inflammation and no polyps. But you say I had polyp blocking area? Must be a bad radiologist. So thanks for the chronic dry painful infected sinuses. YOU DID THIS!!!
in Spring Hill, Fl |
Dr. Latorre is an amazing doctor but his staff needs additional training. When trying to schedule surgery, I am constantly placed on hold for a game of phone tag instead of just letting me speak to the surgery scheduler. Also, the office was made aware several times of the urgency, yet kept telling me they were waiting for insurance auth. A week later, I find out from my insurance company that no auth was ever submitted. My husband now will be seeing another doctor to get the care he needs.
in New Port Richey, FL |
Had turbinate reduction surgery on 7/1/16 to help with my sleep apnea. The Doctor did more to explain my struggles with sleep apnea than anyone I saw in 10 years. The day after the surgery I received a call from his office to see how I was doing and explaining what to expect until my follow up the following week. The call was a Saturday morning and the person calling was actually Dr. Lattore himself!! Great Doctor and actually cares about your struggles with sleep apnea. Highly recommend
David, Thank you for your kind words and I am very happy that the turbinate reduction made a difference. This is a great procedure to begin with as it avoids the operating room. I try to personalize my patient's experience and make sure they are taken of during the weekend. It was a pleasure taking care of you
in Tampa, FL |
Nice Dr. if you can actually see him. I saw him once then another for balloon sinuplasty. I try to see him again and I get calls 1 week prior to my appointments saying he's in surgery that day and I need to see his nurse. No. They make it very inconvenient for you to see the Dr. He needs to plan better. The staff is also rude when you call and argue. They kept telling me I have an important followup appointment when it wasn't. I got argued with yet my records easily prove they are wrong.
I am sorry that your office experience was not to your satisfaction. I have since made changes to the staffing always trying to improve on patient experience. My practice is very busy and I have had to incorporate a nurse practitioner, Brittany Villa. Brittany has been an excellent addition and is an extension of myself. I have trained her in my philosophy of ENT medicine and she has responded extremely well. I would be happy to take your call and discuss any issues you have.
in Tampa fl |
Dr. Latorre is a great doctor but in the near year and a half I've been going there his front office staff are terrible. Rude, arrogant, and disrespectful. They act like you are an inconvenience. They say they'll call back and never do. There have been multiple times I've needed antibiotics for tonsillitis or strep and they turn me away on the basis that I can't make an appointment because of my work schedule. Dr. Latorre told me that anytime I had an issue with my tonsils to call for meds.
Dear Elaine, I would have to agree with you regarding certain staff I had during that time. I have since made changes and feel it has made a difference. Staffing appears to always be a 'work-in-progress' but important enough to continue making improvements. I hope you continue to remain my patient.
in Tampa, FL |
he looked at my nose put some afrin then in 2 minutes decided it was turbinate reduction procedure which we did no results it is even worse than before he is a nice man but he doesn't care about his patuents
Dear ek, I am surprised that the turbinate reduction was not satisfactory. This is a conservative approach to address nasal obstruction. When this is not sufficient, surgery is warranted to address a possible deviated septum. If you would like to discuss this option, then I would be more than happy to provide you assistance. I apologize for not responding sooner as I was unaware of your review.
in Tampa, FL |
He is an excellent ENT surgeon and is highly knowledgeable. He is a no nonsense type of doctor who is very straight and to the point.
Dear Linda I appreciate your observations. I am direct and to the point because I believe that patients want answers especially with short office visits. After a consultation, It is important to me that patients are well educated regarding their issues. when my patients understand their ENT issues, it empowers them.
Have you seen Dr. Randall Latorre, MD?

Visit Dr. Latorre