Dr. Randall Dryer, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 66

Dr. Dryer

Austin Spine

6818 Austin Center Blvd Ste 200 Austin, TX 78731

Dr. Randall Dryer, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Roy J Lucille a Carver College Of Medicine At University Of Iowa in 1977 and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Dryer accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Dryer has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(512) 795-2225Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Dryer's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dryer's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dr. Dryer performs Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Dryer performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Dryer treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Dryer treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Dryer treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Dryer treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Lumbar Sprain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Pain Procedure
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Trigger Finger

Thorough diagnosis, conservative care with surgery utilizing the very latest techniques, as a last resort.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dryer

Dr. Dryer?
Dr. Dryer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Randall Dryer, MD
Dr. Dryer and his whole staff are wonderful. My wife had surgery and Dr. Dryer went out of way to his way to help navigate the insurance issues we had. Treated us with kindness and respect, explained the surgery both before and after. His staff seemed to go out of there way to make sure my wife was comfortable and knew what was going on and what to expect. I would highly recommend Dr. Dryer. A true professional with a heart for healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
I have been in the army for 15 years now, with multiple deployments. During that time, I have suffered from a misdiagnosed ruptured disc in my neck, as well as my lower back using Army doctors. I researched Dr Dreyer online, and found that he has specialized in spinal surgery since 1977, longer than I've been around! I met with him, and he ordered his own mylogram, which showed the severity of my issues were much more than " mild to moderate degenerative disc disease" . He agreed to do a fusion of my C5-6, C6-7 vertebra, and the surgery went great. I have range of motion, my left arm no longer tingles or is numb. My neck has NEVER felt better. Take it from me, this man will change your life for the better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Excellent care! Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer was able to efficiently diagnose and effectively treat two medical problems that had become severely painful and activity-limiting. I am very grateful to him and his staff for their kindness and thoughtfulness. In summary, Dr. Dyer is a fine doctor and a gifted surgeon. I'm grateful to him for all he has done to help me.
3 month check up...perfect..Best back surgeon you could go to
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer operating on a herniated disk in my back which also impinged on my nerve. The surgery was outpatient at West lake hospital and went extremely smoothly. He came recommended by a good friend who had also used him for a similar procedure and was very happy with the results as am I. Results so far are no pain and very good mobility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Dryer after a visit to the ER. I have had spine problems since I was 13 years old and have had multiple fusions and multiple neurostimulators. Dr. Dryer was able to replace my neurostimulator and fuse my SI joint with excellent results. He was very upfront about whether an SI joint fusion would relieve the pain and weakness in my leg...but fortunately the fusion has done both. Thank you Dr. Dryer!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
I finally was able to find relief when I found Dr. Dryer. I like his no nonsense approach to finding the problem and the resolution for the problem. After having limited use of my left arm and shoulder I was back to full motion after the surgery. I had no pain after the surgery and have been relatively pain free since 2016. I highly recommend Dr Dryer for those suffering from neck or back pain due to herniated discs. He was a God send for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Five stars to Dr. Dryer, and his staff, for going above and beyond the call of duty. Thankful first and foremost for fixing years of spinal pain, Dr. Dryers expertise has given me a new lease on life. Also, for their tremendous efforts in coordinating our insurance. We could not have managed on our own. Their patient care and concern is all encompassing and we could not be more grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer helped me gain my out look on life again. He did an ALIFT and an posterior three level fusion . I knew as soon as I stood up he had repaired my back. Great surgeon!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr Dryer did a very good job on my back surgery. His staff are very helpful and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
In November 2018, Dr Dryer did a fusion at c5-6/6-7 for 2 bulging discs. At 4 weeks I was pain free and playing racquetball again. My first procedure with Dr Dryer in 2005 was a at L5/S1 in discectomy. He had me walking pain free immediately after I blew out a lumbar disc. In 2010 successfully Dr Dryer fused the L5/S1 and within 6 months I was golfing, bike riding, and playing racquetball again. Highly recommend. Professional and compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer and his staff are absolutely excellent! I had terrible back pain for years and was using Opiods to survive. Dr. Dryer took me step by step through the process of installing a Spinal Cord Stimulator in my back. It was a total success! I can't say enough of the professionalism, proficiency and excellence that both Dr. Dryer and his staff exhibited from beginning to end. This has totally changed my life for the better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer was very patient finding a solution for my wife's various nerve problems caused by arthritis and extreme curved spine. Although the two surgeries that he performed did strengthen her back and neck it did not give her relief from her pain. Thankfully, Dr. Dryer suggested the SCS Boston Scientific pain management device that has significantly reduced her pain. Although Dr. Dryer is a "straight forward" type of person his caring for my wife's well being was never in question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
I've always had great great service here and trust Doctor Dryer implicitly. If you are looking for precision answers, from a brilliant mind, from a doctor who has your best health in mind and doesn't squander words, then come here and let Doctor Dryer help you. Tell him precisely what and where your pain is, what your limitations are, and what you hope for healing and he will help you. He had an excellent reputation before I went to see him, and it's even better now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer, PA Vanessa, scheduling staff, reception staff, nursing staff, X-ray staff, check out staff, and every other staff are of the highest quality and ALWAYS greet you with a smile. I couldn’t be happier with my experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
After an MRI it was determined that I had spinal stenosis that was crushing the nerves going down my legs. In July of 2017 I had major surgery to place titanium cages in my spine between L2,3,4 and 5 for a fusion and to give me space between the disks. From the moment I woke up from surgery the pain was gone. GONE. I had surgical pain, but not the awful pain I had. As of today, it has been 9 months and I have zero pain. I highly recommend Dr. Dryer to anyone who has chronic pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer and his team are Awesome! He is someone I will forever thank for helping me become pain free!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Dr. Dryer and his staff are very knowledgeable and professional in the procedures that they perform. On 3/16/18, I underwent an anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion of c6/c7. The surgery went smoothly without complication. As of 3/28/18, my condition in my left arm has gone away. I still have numbness in two fingers, but more time must be devoted to elevate this condition. I am back to work after one week. I would recommend Dr. Dryer to anyone who is in need of his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Randall Dryer, MD?
Honestly, I was absolutely petrified about the spinal fusion surgery I needed. Dr. Dryer and his entire staff made me feel comfortable and reassured me that I would regret not having the procedure done sooner. They were correct! Only 5 weeks after surgery I was in the Caribbean snorkeling!!! Without a doubt Dr. Dryer is the BEST Orthopedic Spine surgeon in Austin!!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dryer?