Dr. Randall Alexander, MD

Dr. Randall Alexander, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Randall Alexander, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Read his story

2061 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 500

Atlanta, GA 30309

• AvMed
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Alexander

See how frequently Dr. Alexander performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Disorders
Elbow Injuries
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
high

Dr. Alexander's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Alexander's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Alexander "Randall Alexander, MD, with Georgia Hand, Shoulder & Elbow in Atlanta and Marietta, Georgia, trained with renowned experts in New York, Dallas, and Europe before bringing his expertise to the Atlanta region. He specializes in sports medicine, shoulder arthroscopy, and minimally invasive surgical techniques. His passion for restoring arm function to patients so they can return to living active lives is at the core of his practice. Dr. Alexander's certifications include: Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery While his formal medical education was completed in the United States, his ongoing training took him around the world: Medical degree: Louisiana State University in New Orleans Orthopedic surgery residency: University of South Carolina Fellowship training in shoulder, elbow, and hand surgery: Roosevelt Hospital in New York City and at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas, Texas Training in shoulder and arm surgery from renowned experts: Dr. Christian Gerber in Zurich, Switzerland Dr. Gilles Walch in Lyon, France Dr. Marc Garcia-Elias in Barcelona, Spain Dr. Alexander remains actively involved in professional organizations on the local, state, and national level, with one of the most notable being: Georgia Society for Surgery of the Hand: Program Chair for 8 years and President in 2012 Like other members of the Georgia Hand Shoulder Elbow team, Dr. Alexander stays active in medical education. He's a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Emory University, where he has held a faculty appointment since 2002."

This content was provided by Dr. Alexander "Visit yourarm.com to learn more"

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Simple Fractures
  • Sports Injuries
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Elbow Reconstruction
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Surgery
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Louisiana State University
  • Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • St. Lukes/Roosevelt Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Christian Gerber, MD, University of Zurich, Balgrist Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
  • Gilles Walch, MD, Clinique Ste Anne Lumiere, Lyon, Spain
  • Marc Garcia-Elias, MD, Institut Kaplan, Barcelona, Spain
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Alexander has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alexander does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alexander and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alexander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alexander to family and friends
Dr. Alexander's Performance
Atlanta, GA |
I incurred a sports injury to my hand resulting in a fracture to my hand. Dr. Alexander and his staff were very responsive, professional, and pleasant. Fracture was splinted with great recovery.
in Woodstock |
Based on Dr. Alexander's high reviews on Health Grades, I chose him to repair a distal bicep tendon tear. Dr. Alexander was awesome through the entire process from initial consult to surgery and post-op. He clearly explained my options and answered all my questions to help me make the best choice for my injury. I highly recommend Dr. Alexander.
in Dunwoody |
Dr. Alexander was so helpful and kind, working with me on cubital tunnel syndrome solutions and even going over and above to address other existing health issues that turned out to be an underlying issue.
Locust Grove, GA |
I received excellent care from Dr. Alexander after I left earlier surgeon who was a real quack.
Atlanta, GA |
Professional and good sense of humor, puts me at ease. Explained condition (arthritis) in detail and what to expect as it worsens. Didn't rush to recommend pills or surgery. Recommended therapy first (which I preferred). He is very knowledgeable and trust worthy. I have already recommended him to friends.
in Atlanta, GA |
I could not have had a better doctor when it came to fixing my broken wrist and shoulder. Dr. Alexander was the greatest at what he does in my opinion. I would recommend that anyone with these type of issues go to him. Also the staff in his practice is great.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Randall was very attentive and actually looked you in the eye when I was talking to him versus looking at charts. He made me feel like he was genuinely concerned about me and my injury. he clearly understands what making an appointment means too because I was always seen on time or given checked on frequently if they were late. The therapy staff at the location were top notch as well. I would highly recommend them.
in Dalton, GA |
I cannot believe how well everything went with my surgery, therapy and my post op. Dr. Alexander put me at ease immediately and I knew I had made a great surgeon choice. Rotator cuff surgery has a scary reputation but I can say that my surgery went great, my arm was never immobilized (as I had been led to believe by friends) and I feel confident about my recovery. Without hesitation I will recommend Dr. Alexander to any and everyone.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander repaired my rotator cuff after a fall and did an excellent job! I have full use and mobility of my shoulder, with minimal pain or discomfort
in Cumming, GA |
I have absolute confidence in Dr. Alexander. I fell, broke my wrist, and my doctor said, "There is only one surgeon I want you to see." A few hours later, I met Dr. Alexander. I'm a musician, and shared my concerns. I joked, "After surgery, will I be able to play the Minute Waltz in 45 seconds?" He replied, "Only if you could before you fell." We laughed, he is so nice. Several other physicians (including other orthopedists) have since shared with me their utmost confidence in Dr. Alexander.
in Acworth, GA |
Dr Alexander did an excellent examination reviewing my shoulder X-rays and listening to my description of pain. I was not rushed through the visit process.
Atlanta, GA |
I am very pleased with the treatment I received from Dr. Alexander and his office staff when I broke my wrist last October. Everything was clearly explained to me. The surgery went well and follow-up was excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Alexander.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander's skill and willingness to come out in the middle of the night to perform emergency surgery following a table saw accident in December 2016 saved my left hand. He is a consummate professional whose demeanor is guaranteed to put even the most anxious patient at ease.
Duluth, GA |
Excellent surgeon with an outstanding bedside manner!
in Senoia,Ga |
Dr. Alexander has been my doctor since July of 2016 and has performed surgery on both shoulders, right hand ( carpel tunnel ), and cyst on left index finger. He is an excellent doctor in every way. Great instructions with great exams, caring and always having a smile on his face. Plus very concerned about my condition. I will refer him to anybody who needs a great competent Dr. in his field. He has always treated me with the utmost respect as a patient and always listened to my problems.
in atlanta, ga |
Dr Alexander is outstanding! The the surgery went very well and the scar is hardly noticeable. He is also very caring and gives you a lot of his time. I highly recommend him without reservation.
in Snellville, GA |
Dr. Alexander came referred by a family member. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable about why my hands were always falling asleep. He confirmed the diagnosis as carpal tunnel. Dr. Alexander took time to explain the procedure before and during my surgeries which were performed with local numbing. He also told me what to expect during the healing process. I felt confident that I had made the right decision on selecting him as my doctor.
in Grayson, GA |
Dr. Alexander operated on my right index finger. I found him to be a knowledgeable, caring, and highly effective surgeon. I highly recommend him without reservation.
in Druid Hills, GA |
Dr. Alexander worked on my chronic elbow tendonosis. We slowly worked on solutions including PT, stem cell injection and ultimately surgery. Four months past surgery and I'm back to the gym and doing most activities.
in Atlanta, |
Dr. Alexander performed arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder. Prior to the surgery I was in constant pain, four months later I was nearly pain free. All aspects of the treatment, from the initial exam through the completion of physical therapy, were professional, well coordinated, caring and efficient. Dr. Alexander always was concerned with my well-being, and communicated all phases of the treatment very effectively. He is passionate about his work, and very skilled and effective.
in Chatsworth, GA |
Dr. Alexander is a wonderful surgeon, and really takes time to listen and explain things to his patient. I highly recommend him, and will use him again for any hand and elbow issues.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander will be my permanent doctor for any future hand & elbow issues. Couldn't of asked for a better physician as a whole.
in Marietta, GA |
Very positive. Concerned about my problem and clear as to the course of action he recommended we follow to address it.
in Atlanta GA |
Friendly and thorough
in Marietta, GA |
He has performed Dupuytren's Contracture surgery twice - once on each hand and involving both the palm and multiple fingers. His surgical skill is excellent and there have been no re-occurrences or complications. And the physical therapy staff is excellent in returning the hand to normal function.
in Acworth, GA |
Dr. Alexander took great care of me and resolved my wrist issue after 2 other doctors couldn't. Thank you Dr. Alexander!
in Dallas, GA |
Dr. Alexander was very thorough and made certain I understood everything regarding my procedure. His facility and staff are all top notch. If you need hand, arm, shoulder treatment, they are great folks!
in Rome, GA |
Outstanding surgeon!!! Dr. Alexander has treated two of my family members. Both sustained significant injuries to their hands. My son-in-law lost 4 fingers in an accident. Dr. Alexander was able to reattach all of them. My son-in-law has full use of that hand today. Our story is nothing short of a miracle. We are so thankful for Dr. Alexander and Dr. Seiler!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander is EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!
in Villa Rica, GA |
Dr. Alexander was recommended to me by the therapy department at Piedmont Hospital. He operated on me in September, 2015 to repair a torn bicep muscle and rotator cuff. The procedure went smoothly and now in mid-February, 2016 I have been released from further physical rehab therapy after five months of satisfactory and even enjoyable twice-a-week visits to the Accel Physical Therapy center in the Mirror Lake shopping center, Villa Rica, Georgia as fully recovered.
in Jasper, GA |
Unlike most busy doctors, Dr Alexander was extremely caring and attentive to any issues I had after surgery. I am very pleased with the outcome of surgery for complete rotator cuff and bicep tears. The group also has their own PT department which is nice because all they work on is arms. I would not go anywhere else having been treated by this most excellent doctor !!!
Marietta, GA |
I began seeing Dr Alexander for a rotator cuff injury, after my previous doctor stopped taking my insurance just as surgery was being scheduled. Dr Alexander picked up the case, and quickly and efficiently took care of the shoulder. He is pleasant, clear, and down to earth. The only improvement that I could suggest, would be physical or virtual anatomy models to explain the problem and what was done during surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Randall Alexander, MD?
Are you Dr. Alexander?