Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Randall Alexander, MD
"Your arm function is important to me. I am passionate about restoring your function so you can return to your life." Having trained with renowned experts in New York, Dallas, and Europe, Dr. Alexander is adept at treating the full spectrum of arm conditions in adults and children. He specializes in sports medicine, shoulder arthroscopy, and minimally invasive surgical techniques. He completed fellowships in shoulder, elbow, and hand surgery at Roosevelt Hospital in New York City and at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas, TX. In addition, he traveled abroad to learn from renowned experts in the field of shoulder and arm surgery. This included time with Dr. Christian Gerber in Zurich, Switzerland; Dr. Gilles Walch in Lyon, France; and Dr. Marc Garcia-Elias in Barcelona, Spain. His medical degree is from Louisiana State University in New Orleans and his orthopedic surgery residency was completed at the University of South Carolina. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and he has a certificate of added qualification in hand surgery. A leader among his peers, Dr. Alexander was the program chair for the Georgia Society for Surgery of the Hand for eight years while holding the presidency in 2012. He remains actively involved in professional organizations on a local, state, and national level. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Emory University where he has held a faculty appointment since 2002. He and his wife enjoy sharing their passion for sports and creative arts with their three children. In addition, he enjoys being on the sidelines at local high school and youth sporting events. Visit him on the web at yourarm.com and ghse.us

Georgia Hand Shoulder and Elbow

2061 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 500

Atlanta, GA 30309

• AvMed
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Alexander

Visit yourarm.com to learn more

Dr. Alexander's Experience

Dr. Alexander's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Simple Fractures
  • Sports Injuries
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
  • Elbow Reconstruction
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Louisiana State University
  • Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • St. Lukes/Roosevelt Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Christian Gerber, MD, University Of Zurich, Balgrist Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
  • Gilles Walch, MD, Clinique Ste Anne Lumiere, Lyon, Spain
  • Marc Garcia-Elias, MD, Institut Kaplan, Barcelona, Spain
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Alexander has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alexander does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alexander and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alexander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alexander to family and friends
Dr. Alexander's Performance
in Stockbridge, GA |
He did excellent work amputating my finger after another surgeon dropped the ball and delayed needed operation for a month putting me to danger having gangrene on my arm.
in Atlanta, GA |
I could not have had a better doctor when it came to fixing my broken wrist and shoulder. Dr. Alexander was the greatest at what he does in my opinion. I would recommend that anyone with these type of issues go to him. Also the staff in his practice is great.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Randall was very attentive and actually looked you in the eye when I was talking to him versus looking at charts. He made me feel like he was genuinely concerned about me and my injury. he clearly understands what making an appointment means too because I was always seen on time or given checked on frequently if they were late. The therapy staff at the location were top notch as well. I would highly recommend them.
in Dalton, GA |
I cannot believe how well everything went with my surgery, therapy and my post op. Dr. Alexander put me at ease immediately and I knew I had made a great surgeon choice. Rotator cuff surgery has a scary reputation but I can say that my surgery went great, my arm was never immobilized (as I had been led to believe by friends) and I feel confident about my recovery. Without hesitation I will recommend Dr. Alexander to any and everyone.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander repaired my rotator cuff after a fall and did an excellent job! I have full use and mobility of my shoulder, with minimal pain or discomfort
in Cumming, GA |
I have absolute confidence in Dr. Alexander. I fell, broke my wrist, and my doctor said, "There is only one surgeon I want you to see." A few hours later, I met Dr. Alexander. I'm a musician, and shared my concerns. I joked, "After surgery, will I be able to play the Minute Waltz in 45 seconds?" He replied, "Only if you could before you fell." We laughed, he is so nice. Several other physicians (including other orthopedists) have since shared with me their utmost confidence in Dr. Alexander.
in Acworth, GA |
Dr Alexander did an excellent examination reviewing my shoulder X-rays and listening to my description of pain. I was not rushed through the visit process.
Atlanta, GA |
I am very pleased with the treatment I received from Dr. Alexander and his office staff when I broke my wrist last October. Everything was clearly explained to me. The surgery went well and follow-up was excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Alexander.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander's skill and willingness to come out in the middle of the night to perform emergency surgery following a table saw accident in December 2016 saved my left hand. He is a consummate professional whose demeanor is guaranteed to put even the most anxious patient at ease.
Duluth, GA |
Excellent surgeon with an outstanding bedside manner!
in Senoia,Ga |
Dr. Alexander has been my doctor since July of 2016 and has performed surgery on both shoulders, right hand ( carpel tunnel ), and cyst on left index finger. He is an excellent doctor in every way. Great instructions with great exams, caring and always having a smile on his face. Plus very concerned about my condition. I will refer him to anybody who needs a great competent Dr. in his field. He has always treated me with the utmost respect as a patient and always listened to my problems.
in atlanta, ga |
Dr Alexander is outstanding! The the surgery went very well and the scar is hardly noticeable. He is also very caring and gives you a lot of his time. I highly recommend him without reservation.
in Snellville, GA |
Dr. Alexander came referred by a family member. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable about why my hands were always falling asleep. He confirmed the diagnosis as carpal tunnel. Dr. Alexander took time to explain the procedure before and during my surgeries which were performed with local numbing. He also told me what to expect during the healing process. I felt confident that I had made the right decision on selecting him as my doctor.
in Grayson, GA |
Dr. Alexander operated on my right index finger. I found him to be a knowledgeable, caring, and highly effective surgeon. I highly recommend him without reservation.
in Druid Hills, GA |
Dr. Alexander worked on my chronic elbow tendonosis. We slowly worked on solutions including PT, stem cell injection and ultimately surgery. Four months past surgery and I'm back to the gym and doing most activities.
in Atlanta, |
Dr. Alexander performed arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder. Prior to the surgery I was in constant pain, four months later I was nearly pain free. All aspects of the treatment, from the initial exam through the completion of physical therapy, were professional, well coordinated, caring and efficient. Dr. Alexander always was concerned with my well-being, and communicated all phases of the treatment very effectively. He is passionate about his work, and very skilled and effective.
in Chatsworth, GA |
Dr. Alexander is a wonderful surgeon, and really takes time to listen and explain things to his patient. I highly recommend him, and will use him again for any hand and elbow issues.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander will be my permanent doctor for any future hand & elbow issues. Couldn't of asked for a better physician as a whole.
in Marietta, GA |
Very positive. Concerned about my problem and clear as to the course of action he recommended we follow to address it.
in Atlanta GA |
Friendly and thorough
in Marietta, GA |
He has performed Dupuytren's Contracture surgery twice - once on each hand and involving both the palm and multiple fingers. His surgical skill is excellent and there have been no re-occurrences or complications. And the physical therapy staff is excellent in returning the hand to normal function.
in Acworth, GA |
Dr. Alexander took great care of me and resolved my wrist issue after 2 other doctors couldn't. Thank you Dr. Alexander!
in Dallas, GA |
Dr. Alexander was very thorough and made certain I understood everything regarding my procedure. His facility and staff are all top notch. If you need hand, arm, shoulder treatment, they are great folks!
in Rome, GA |
Outstanding surgeon!!! Dr. Alexander has treated two of my family members. Both sustained significant injuries to their hands. My son-in-law lost 4 fingers in an accident. Dr. Alexander was able to reattach all of them. My son-in-law has full use of that hand today. Our story is nothing short of a miracle. We are so thankful for Dr. Alexander and Dr. Seiler!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Alexander is EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!
in Villa Rica, GA |
Dr. Alexander was recommended to me by the therapy department at Piedmont Hospital. He operated on me in September, 2015 to repair a torn bicep muscle and rotator cuff. The procedure went smoothly and now in mid-February, 2016 I have been released from further physical rehab therapy after five months of satisfactory and even enjoyable twice-a-week visits to the Accel Physical Therapy center in the Mirror Lake shopping center, Villa Rica, Georgia as fully recovered.
in Jasper, GA |
Unlike most busy doctors, Dr Alexander was extremely caring and attentive to any issues I had after surgery. I am very pleased with the outcome of surgery for complete rotator cuff and bicep tears. The group also has their own PT department which is nice because all they work on is arms. I would not go anywhere else having been treated by this most excellent doctor !!!
Marietta, GA |
I began seeing Dr Alexander for a rotator cuff injury, after my previous doctor stopped taking my insurance just as surgery was being scheduled. Dr Alexander picked up the case, and quickly and efficiently took care of the shoulder. He is pleasant, clear, and down to earth. The only improvement that I could suggest, would be physical or virtual anatomy models to explain the problem and what was done during surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Randall Alexander, MD?
Are you Dr. Alexander?