Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Singh

Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Norfolk, VA and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Mln Med Coll-Allahabad U in 1980 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Singh accepts

Dr. Singh accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Tier Hosp HealthKeepers DirectAccess VA
Medicaid
Optima Health
Tricare
Virginia Premier

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Singh's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Our neurosurgical group is a private practice of 6 leading board-certified neurosurgeons and 2 board certified Physician Assistants treating the human body and its complex nervous system, ranging from the neck and spine to the most complex brain and ...

• Neurosurgery

4.4

Dr. Singh?
Dr. Singh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD
Dr. Singh and his staff are some of the most courteous and professional healthcare people I’ve ever encountered. In the past 3 years Dr. Singh has performed carpel tunnel surgery on both my hands, cervical anterior neck/spine surgery, and just recently lower lumbar fusion on my back. I’m a 74 year old man and the previous surgeries have gone very well. I just had a post-op appointment for my back surgery and he showed me my X-rays and said everything looked excellent. I still have to wear my back brace for 2 more weeks ( a total of 6 weeks ) which is inconvenient and uncomfortable but I can live with that. Before my surgery my sciatica was totally immobilizing in both my legs. Now it’s GONE! Dr. Singh is a miracle-worker! He is a genius and I have the utmost respect for him. Dr. Singh and Sentara Norfolk General are the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
In August 2016, I suffered from two herniated disc in my neck after lifting a very large patient at work. After failed conservative treatment I went to Dr. Singh. He identified the problem immediately and scheduled me for surgery. Woke up from surgery without pain and numbness in arm. Surgery was a great success. Developed another issue and had surgery in Jan 2019 and Dr. Singh took great care of me once again. Office staff (Leah,Susan,Chris) are great which makes a big difference when coordinat
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr Singh is very professional and caring. He has no problem answering your questions or any concerns. I was very comfortable with him. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
My 71 year old wife suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia (suicide disease) for 20 years. All of the medicines had stopped working and she was in horrible pain most of the days. Because of his compassion and the staff's (Leah and Danielle) compassion she had surgery on 2.12.19. Surgery lasted 4 hours and when she woke up there was no pain and no side effects. Surgery was successful, thank God and Dr. Singh, no more pain. A new lease on life. If you have this horrible disease go see Dr. Singh
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
The procedure I had was MVD for Trigeminal Neuralgia. Which I had suffered from since 2010 when I got back from Iraq. After looking at Dr. Singh's record on here and the state's board of medicine page I made an appointment. I appreciated Dr. Singh's blunt & concise demeanor. I don't put much stock into good bedside manners, I want someone who is good at what they do. The surgery was successful and effective. Norfolk General had great staff as well during my stay. I highly recommend Dr. Singh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
After a car accident in October 2018, we were unaware that my father had suffered a traumatic brain injury--it was a slow bleed that gradually took away his ability to walk. His primary care doctor scheduled him to see Dr. Singh in January--by this time he was using wheel chair and a walker. Dr. Singh scheduled him for surgery the next day. The following day he was walking...unassisted. Dr. Singh and his staff are excellent, kind and caring. After 3 weeks he is back to normal and driving.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
I had a very serious neck problem that required a 3 level fusion. The operation lasted over 5 1/2 hours. Throughout the entire process Dr Singh was compassionate, knowledgeable and a skilled surgeon . His staff was wonderful. I am on the road to a full recovery. He's the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr. Singh Performed a laminectomy call me in 2014. It was a complete success. I would recommend him to anyone having nerve pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
My experience was outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr. Singh is the best, He is very honest with his patients on every level. He will answer question you have. He fixed my back 11 years ago and I did exactly what he told me to and I never had a problem, Then my L3 was crushed so I returned to to him and I am recovering post 2 mos. Its healing very well and Dr Singh and his nurses are the most compassionate caring staff. His nurse Leah has called and checked in on me often. I live 1 1/2 hour away. Dr Singh is one of the top Neurosurgeon in USA .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
I was very apprehensive as surgery for my back fusion was the only surgery I have ever had. Dr Singh is a very quiet, unassuming, humble Doctor. He set me at ease and answered all of my questions. He has an excellent staff that scheduled all of my pre-op appointments and gave me clear instructions concerning what I was to do before and after surgery. The surgery went very well and my progress has exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Dr. Singh.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr. Singh and his team did an awesome job with my husband's surgery for a brain tumor. He kept us well informed, and his follow up was stellar. I recommend Dr. Singh to everyone!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
My surgery (ACDF C5-T1) could not have gone any better! Dr. Singh, his PA Leah, and everyone at Neurosurgical Associates were awesome to work with. I had more stenosis and arthritis than I originally thought, but Dr. Singh was great at diagnosing the problem and explaining what had to be done and why. The day of surgery, hospital stay, and recovery all went perfectly, I had no pain the entire time and didn't have to take any pain meds at all. Could not have hoped for a better experience!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr. Singh removed a brain tumor for a couple of weeks ago. Less than two weeks went by from the time I decided to have it removed until the surgery. I felt like I was very important to this practice. His nurse (Leah) and his scheduler (Susan) went out of their way to help me through the process. The surgery was done on a Tuesday, and I was walking the next day. I went home the next morning. I had very little pain or discomfort after the surgery, which was amazing. Great doctors and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Hello I went to several doctors for pain down my right leg no one had the answer I went to Dr Singh on my first visit he told me the problem and what he could do to fix it I had been going through this pain for almost a year and one visit he told me how he could fix the problem it was my back not my leg I had the surgery and 6 weeks later I am pain free I can't thank him enough. Great Doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr Singh was efficient, throrough and personable Hedicussed my case with me and made what I feel were appropriate recommendations. I felt I got the best possible care for my condition and would recommend him to anyone. Gordon Spence
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Dr. SING DID AN AMAZING JOB! MY HUSBAND WAS PARALYZED ON HIS RIGHT SIDE AND HAVING TROUBLE FORMING WORDS THE DAY BEFORE HIS SURGERY (DUE TO PRESSURE FROM A TUMOR IN THE LEFT FRONTAL LOBE) AFTER SURGERY HE HAD FULL MOBILITY AGAIN AND WAS ABLE TO FORM ALL OF HIS WORDS. AND HE WAS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL IN 3 DAYS. THANK YOU DR. SINGH!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
Went to the emergency room on Saturday morning because of an excruciating headache, vomiting, and balance issues. The scan indicated a brain tumor. Dr. Singh was put on the case and insisted on emergency surgery the early the next morning. I am very happy with his skill and concern. I would definitely recommend Dr. Singh for any brain surgery. My life is completely back to normal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
I found him to be indifferent to the neck problems causing pain. Cannot speak to his surgical skills, but his bedside manner was lacking. Almost caustic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ran Vijai Singh, MD?
I would not recommend this Dr to anyone or any of my family members. If you must see someone in this practice just save yourself a visit or referral have it changed. Even after scheduling the appt and stating exactly the reason for the visit this Dr each time has been cold, looks down on you, if you are overweight please dont see this Dr. His office staff is nice but he cuts you off , will not listen is very Rude.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Singh?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Singh treats patients.