General Surgery  |
Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD
I am a general surgeon that takes my role in your life seriously. Having surgery is a scary, challenging experience. I do not take that lightly. I am committed to walking through this time with you. I am an advocate for whatever make you better and healthier. Surgery is sometimes the best option, but oftentimes other avenues will achieve better results. I will make sure all options are explained including alternative therapies and more holistic approaches. Please know that I see you as a person and not a statistic. I was burned very severely when I was a child. They told my parents that it was not survivable based on the statistics. Well, thankfully, I didn't hold to the statistics. It is my goal to relay this kind of care and compassion to you. I have an background in biomedical engineering and have lectured on emerging technology and advanced surgical technique. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of "tried and true" surgical techniques. I am honored to have been recognized as BEST in Dallas by D Magazine and continually strive to be on the forefront of the rapidly changing field of surgery.

2821 E President George Bush Hwy

• MedHealthInsurance
  • Molina Healthcare
  • State Farm

Learn about Dr. Stone

I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do not see you as a number or a statistic. I see everyone that walks through my door as a wonderful, unique person that was purposefully created. With that said, I am not here to sell you a surgery or get you into something that will not specifically benefit you. Everyone is entitled to being completely appreciated and heard. I hope that my time with you can be spent fulfilling these goals. Medicine (and especially surgery!) is an ever-changing landscape that is both exciting and challenging. I take great strides in being on the forefront of this field. The rapidly changing technology and advances are important to grasp and implement when possible. I have an extensive background in biomedical engineering and robotics. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of "tried and true" surgical techniques.

Dr. Stone's Experience

Dr. Stone's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Ventral Hernia

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance

• Washington University, St Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Stone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stone to family and friends
Dr. Stone Says:

Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged. I go to great lengths to provide the best care possible for all of my patients. I hope that my care achieves the high standards I set for myself.

Dr. Stone's Performance
in Richardson, TX |
I was impressed with Dr. Stone's care before, during and after my procedure. His knowledge, skill, and experience are all excellent. He truly cares about his patients and has has a great bedside manner. As a bonus you can always count on him to lighten the mood with appropriate humor. I know these things from my own experience as well as through other friends who know him. Highly recommend!
in Plano, TX |
A wonderful experience before surgery, the day of surgery, and afterwards. I would recommend Dr. Stone to anyone!
in Richardson, TX |
After one operation, Dr. Stone is MY SURGEON FOR LIFE, period (and clearly not only mine, he's rated #1). He is off the charts brilliant, yet explains everything in a relatable way with patience - never rushing and invites questions. He is incredibly gracious in his bedside manner - you feel like you're with a friend who truly cares. Lastly, I am certain he saved me from exponentially more pain by recommending surgical methods I didn't know where available to me. Choose him and be at ease.
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Stone is an excellent surgeon. He performed a double hernia on my husband last year, so I knew I would be in great hands. He is kind, caring and also has an excellent staff. Many thanks Dr. Stone!
in Wylie, TX |
From the office staff to Dr. Ramsey Stone, I haven't had a better experience. Dr. Stone is incredibly kind, compassionate and exceptionally competent! Very knowledgeable and professional in working with me to best care for my needs: yes that's right, he listens and values his patients not dictates or judges. Thank you greatly for meeting my medical needs!
in Wylie, TX |
Dr. Stone is awesome! He is considerate and caring. He prayed with me and my husband before my surgery. SO AMAZING! My procedure and recovery were super easy.
in Tyler, TX |
When finding out I needed Inguinal Hernia surgery, I started looking for a surgeon within a 200 mile radius of Tyler, Texas. I did a great deal of research, both on the surgery options and the surgeon; and, selected Doctor Stone to perform the surgery. He is highly skilled in the use of the Da Vinci Robotic procedure, and I was walking the neighborhood the day after surgery. I had very little pain, and am quickly heeling. I highly recommend Dr. Stone for any of your surgical needs!
Dr. Stone made me feel so comfortable! I appreciate him taking the time to really explain everything before the surgery. I also love that he offers to pray with you before surgery-- it really eased my nerves!
in Manchester, CT |
Dr. Stone is one of the best physicians I've ever been to and definitely the top surgeon. He immediately puts you at ease with his "old school" demeanor: caring, compassionate, listens well, highly skilled and professional, but warm. His staff is superior to any I've ever seen. His nurse, Charlotte, is excellent at setting the right tone for the visit with her knowledge and warmth. Dr. Stone even prayed with me before surgery. You'll be in the best hands with Dr. Stone.
Ft Worth, TX |
Humble, skilled, highly personable surgeon - amazingly wonderful doctor who obviously cares for his patients!
Dallas, TX |
Dr Stone is an amazing, humble surgeon. In years past, I had some other procedures taken care of by another surgeon and felt comfortable with him. Once it was determined that I needed umbilical hernia repair I scheduled my surgery to find out that my insurance had changed and my normal surgeon was no longer in network. I put the surgery off for 4 months or so until I couldn’t bare the pain any longer. I knew I needed to find someone in network and so my search began. I checked with my insur
in Allen, TX |
Dr. Stone is an amazingly compassionate man, and a wonderful surgeon. I have a crippling anxiety of needles and medical procedures, and Dr. Stone (and his staff) went above and beyond to make my gallbladder removal surgery as easy as possible. He went through all of my options in detail, and reassured me every step of the way. His staff pulled off a miracle in getting me in the next day for my procedure. I feel so grateful to have been in Dr. Stone's care during this traumatic time in my life.
in Dallas, TX |
One day I asked God for help and I searched online for the best doctor for my surgery and guess what Doctor Stone kept popping up over and over again we new from that day he was the best one to perform my surgery and we weren't wrong. I had gallbladder removal and incisional hernia with no mesh surgery all at once and I am on day 7 and feel great hardly any pain back to work since the 5th day of having surgery cannot thank him enough for everything he did for me. Highly highly recommend him...
Mesquite, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Stone. He has excellent bedside manner and a genuine passion for helping his patients. He made sure all of my questions were answered and helped me understand what to expect while recovering from my surgery. Along with Dr. Stone, his staff is excellent. They were always accessible and happy to help with any billing or medical questions. I'm very blessed to have found Dr. Stone.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Stone, Is a special Doctor that knows his work. I had my Gallbladder taking out in 2015. Up and moving around the same day. So thankful of, His God giving gift to help his patients. If I had to have any surgery pertaining to the stomach, intestines or barriactric surgery. He's the Doctor. Sorry for forgetting to post earlier. God bless Mrs. S. Robinson 3/16/2017.
in Richardson, TX |
I had a very similar surgery when I was 64 years old, but did much better with the procedure at age 76 than I did with the previous one. Dr. Stone was actually able to accomplish a bigger, repeat surgery with much smaller incisions. It is miraculous how quickly I have recovered with virtually no pain. I have no doubt that God has given Dr. Stone tremendous skills and a caring heart that makes him the outstanding surgeon he is! He will always have my admiration and appreciation!!
in Garland, TX |
I'm thankful that my own doctor recommended Dr. Stone to do my Inguinal Hernia repair. He was comforting, encouraging and knowledgeable. I trusted him to perform this task, and he surpassed all my expectations. I had gone through a hernia repair 10 years ago (cutting surgery), and it was quite painful. I was nervous to do this laproscopically - but SO glad I did. I was in surgery by 2pm - home by 6pm, and no pain medicine! So thankful for this man of faith. Thanks Dr. Stone!
Frisco, TX |
Inguinal hernia surgery. Very professional. Comprehensive explanation of surgery & recovery. Ensures all questions are answered. Office support very customer centric.
in Frisco, TX |
After 20 plus years of gallstone attacks it was finally time to find a surgeon to take it out! I ran across Dr. Stone on-line while researching surgeons in my area of N. Texas. After reading his bio I knew I needed to meet with him. After the meeting I knew he was the surgeon for me! He never tried to sell me on the surgery. He presented the facts and left the decision to me. Two weeks after surgery you can barely see the scar from the single site operation. Amazing.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Stone was my surgeon for hiatal hernia repair..Not just an average hiatal hernia, my stomach was twisted and totally in my chest via my hernia. My stomach was pushing against my lungs and heart. He is such a kind and compassionate person andThen right before surgery Dr. stone came in to see me. He prayed that God would put his hands in his , we said, Amen!, beautiful, huh? hope I don't need him again but hes my surgeon if I do. I recommend him to everyone. (Lou) Lucille Edwards, Plano,
Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Stone took the time to ask my current situation and offered options for moving forward. Part of the solution was surgery. He explained the procedure at the office and again at pre-op to make sure I didn't have any questions. Best of all, he took the time to pray with me before surgery. I didn't expect that, but I greatly appreciated it.
in Plano, TX |
Thank you isn't enough for your excellent care. I came to you in terrible gall bladder pain after going to 2 ERs and getting nothing done. I could not even drink water without it coming up. You immediately knew I needed immediate care. I was on my face praying for God to send someone to help me and he sent me to you. You are my angels.
in Arlington, TX |
A great experience for my hernia repair. Well communicated information and the care made my recovery very tolerable. I actually walked a mile the day after my laparoscopic procedure.
Dallas, TX |
Excellent Surgeon, and even Better man!!
in Murphy, TX |
I was a patient of Dr. Ramsey Stone in April, 2016 (hernia surgery). I was extremely impressed by Dr. Stone, as well as his highly capable office staff. Dr. Stone takes the time to get to know you and has a very caring manner. He explained to me that, due to a previous surgery, my next surgery could involve complications, and it did. However, thanks to Dr. Stone?s experience, he handled the situation expertly. Dr. Stone is an excellent surgeon, a man of faith, and I highly recommend him.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr. Ramsey Stone is an excellent surgeon. I'm completely satisfied. He took the time to listen to my needs and concerns. I never felt rushed. Surgery was successful, and I'm healing nicely.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr.Stone did an emergency procedure for me. I w as very impressed when we met in the hospital - great bedside manner - I was immediately at ease. Great outcome.
in Richardson, TX |
If you ever need a general surgery, just call Dr. Stone first. Without any hesitation. Thank you Dr. Stone
in Plano, TX |
I required emergency surgery for a burst appendix with a large abscess. I was in severe pain and anxious. Dr. Stone was brought in to perform the surgery. He had a kind and calming manner, spoke to me about what he was going to do, and patiently answered all questions. This same care continued throughout my 8-day hospital stay and follow-up office visit. If I ever need surgery again, I?ll turn to Dr. Stone.
Have you seen Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Are you Dr. Stone?