Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD

Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD is a general surgery specialist in Richardson, TX and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas in 2005 and specializes in general surgery.Read his story

2821 E President George Bush Hwy

Richardson, TX 75082

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Stone

See how frequently Dr. Stone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Incisional Hernia
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Hernia Repair

Dr. Stone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Stone's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stone "I am a general surgeon that takes my role in your life seriously. Having surgery is a scary, challenging experience. I do not take that lightly. I am committed to walking through this time with you. I am an advocate for whatever make you better and healthier. Surgery is sometimes the best option, but oftentimes other avenues will achieve better results. I will make sure all options are explained including alternative therapies and more holistic approaches. Please know that I see you as a person and not a statistic. I was burned very severely when I was a child. They told my parents that it was not survivable based on the statistics. Well, thankfully, I didn't hold to the statistics. It is my goal to relay this kind of care and compassion to you. I have an background in biomedical engineering and have lectured on emerging technology and advanced surgical technique. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of "tried and true" surgical techniques. I am honored to have been recognized as BEST in Dallas by D Magazine and continually strive to be on the forefront of the rapidly changing field of surgery. "

This content was provided by Dr. Stone "I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do not see you as a number or a statistic. I see everyone that walks through my door as a wonderful, unique person that was purposefully created. With that said, I am not here to sell you a surgery or get you into something that will not specifically benefit you. Everyone is entitled to being completely appreciated and heard. I hope that my time with you can be spent fulfilling these goals. Medicine (and especially surgery!) is an ever-changing landscape that is both exciting and challenging. I take great strides in being on the forefront of this field. The rapidly changing technology and advances are important to grasp and implement when possible. I have an extensive background in biomedical engineering and robotics. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of "tried and true" surgical techniques."

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance

• Washington University, St Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Stone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stone to family and friends
based on 66 total reviews (37 with comments)

Dr. Stone's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Stone Says:

Your feedback is welcomed and encouraged. I go to great lengths to provide the best care possible for all of my patients. I hope that my care achieves the high standards I set for myself.

Dr. Ramsey Stone is a wonderful and caring surgeon. He removed my gallbladder for me and I couldn't have had a better experience. For some reason, I felt completely at ease the minute I met him. Dr. Stone came to visit me before the surgery and everyone assured me and my husband they would take...more
Being under his care was wonderful. I really felt like I was in excellent hands. He explained everything thoroughly. He has a wonderful bedside manner and makes you feel safe and confident going into surgery. I am extremely happy that I found him to do my surgery. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Stone was very professional and I would highly recommend him for surgery. I know that I would definitely use him again. He was very kind and displayed high regard for my welfare. He explained everything that he would be doing and told me what to expect after surgery. The most amazing thing to...more
My family and I would highly recommend Dr. Stone. He was very knowledgeable and thorough about the procedure and explained in detail the risks and benefits of the procedure. His level of confidence and prayers were very comforting, and the procedure went as planned.
He was recommended by my GP. I was very pleased with his nature, professionalism, organization, and skill. Surgery (double inguinal hernia) went smoothly and as expected. Diagnosis was correct. No pain or nausea medicine was required. Would highly recommend Dr. Stone.

Are you Dr. Stone?