Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD

Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD is a general surgery specialist in Richardson, TX and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas in 2005 and specializes in general surgery.Read his story

2821 E President George Bush Hwy

Richardson, TX 75082

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Stone

See how frequently Dr. Stone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Incisional Hernia
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Hernia Repair

Dr. Stone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Stone's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Stone "I am a general surgeon that takes my role in your life seriously. Having surgery is a scary, challenging experience. I do not take that lightly. I am committed to walking through this time with you. I am an advocate for whatever make you better and healthier. Surgery is sometimes the best option, but oftentimes other avenues will achieve better results. I will make sure all options are explained including alternative therapies and more holistic approaches. Please know that I see you as a person and not a statistic. I was burned very severely when I was a child. They told my parents that it was not survivable based on the statistics. Well, thankfully, I didn't hold to the statistics. It is my goal to relay this kind of care and compassion to you. I have an background in biomedical engineering and have lectured on emerging technology and advanced surgical technique. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of "tried and true" surgical techniques. I am honored to have been recognized as BEST in Dallas by D Magazine and continually strive to be on the forefront of the rapidly changing field of surgery. "

This content was provided by Dr. Stone "I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do not see you as a number or a statistic. I see everyone that walks through my door as a wonderful, unique person that was purposefully created. With that said, I am not here to sell you a surgery or get you into something that will not specifically benefit you. Everyone is entitled to being completely appreciated and heard. I hope that my time with you can be spent fulfilling these goals. Medicine (and especially surgery!) is an ever-changing landscape that is both exciting and challenging. I take great strides in being on the forefront of this field. The rapidly changing technology and advances are important to grasp and implement when possible. I have an extensive background in biomedical engineering and robotics. I feel like my background uniquely positions me in a way to most fully integrate technology into the world of "tried and true" surgical techniques."

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance

• Washington University, St Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Stone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stone

98.83720930232558%

Dr. Stone?
Dr. Stone's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Stone was able to use robotics to do a minimally invasive surgery to repair an inguinal hernia that had been previously repaired by another surgeon. The previously installed mesh had failed, but Dr. Stone was able to do the repair using Robotics with just 3 small, one-inch incisions. Having...Read More
Norm in Flower Mound – Sep 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone is the best of the best in his field! He was able to do a minimally invasive surgery when every other physician I consulted with told me it would be a much more invasive and longer recovery procedure. He explained everything to me very simply and with a calm tone that put me at ease. And...Read More
Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr. Stone and all of his staff members throughout the entire surgical experience.
D. Luna in Richardson – Jul 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
He takes time to listen.
mv in Rockwall, TX – Jul 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone removed a large cyst from my back. He explained what to expect, answered questions, and had a caring, professional approach. He and his staff were outstanding, and I recommend him for anyone needing surgery.
S. Hackett in TX – Jul 19, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Stone?