Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 41

Dr. Stone

North Texas Surgery

2821 E President George Bush Hwy Richardson, TX 75082

Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Richardson, TX and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Stone has more experience with Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco and Methodist Richardson Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Stone to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more General Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Stone

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Stone treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Stone treats other conditions, please contact the office at (972) 644-2797.

Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery

This subspecialty of general surgery treats a variety of conditions affecting the liver, pancreas, gallbladder and spleen through procedures including liver resection, gallbladder removal, and the Whipple procedure.Compare with other Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery specialists.

Dr. Stone typically treats 68% more often than similar doctors

• Constipation
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) or Thoracotomy

Dr. Stone accepts

Dr. Stone accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Tricare

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stone

Dr. Stone?
I had a great experience with Dr. Ramsey Stone in these times of COVID-19! I was a little anxious that I wasn’t going be able to receive help with my gallbladder issues. His office staff was very helpful and informative when I got there. All my questions were answered. They were all very professional and respecting CDC guidelines. I had a consultation with him, and a week after I had my surgery, and two weeks after I had my post op surgery consultation! I had a very positive experience with Dr. Ramsey Stone. Before the surgery he came in and prayed with me for everything to go well- I felt I was in great hands. & now I’m feeling much better!
  • Long wait times
Gabriela F. – Sep 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone made getting a Umbilical Hernia fixed a surprisingly quick and professional experience. The robotic surgery is less invasive and recovery is a lot less painful and less susceptible to infection and complications. I would recommend him and his caring experience to everyone.
  • Long wait times
David Brock – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone is an amazing surgeon. He and his staff are friendly and explain things clearly. Before surgery is a calming experience and after you wouldn’t even know you’d had surgery if it wasn’t for the scars. As someone who’s been in and out of hospitals he and his team are some of the greatest with medical instruments.
Chandler – Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
At the first of this month, I was diagnosed with bilateral hernias and was referred to Dr. Stone. I got in the next business day, he was very nice and explained my condition and the surgery with my wife and I. We were able to schedule for the next week (9th) which we thought was amazing. The surgery prep, procedure, and post op all went extremely well and my recovery has been great. I stopped pain medications on the second day post op, and never did take the nausea meds. My follow-up exam was punctual, informative and made me feel very well cared for. Don't put this off if you have a hernia and have Dr. Stone perform the surgery.
Jim Carruthers – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I recently underwent a hernia repair surgery. I chose Dr. Ramsey Stone after researching nearly all of the surgeons and clinics in the DFW Metroplex. Dr. Stone is recognized by his peers as one of the best in his field, and ratings by his patients are overwhelmingly positive. I found him to be a most caring and competent professional, and a very nice man. He took the time to make sure I understood the procedure, and that I was at ease, acknowledging that surgery can be scary, and that there are always risks. My surgery went well. There were no complications at all. Furthermore, the medical staff at the Surgery Center who assisted were some of the finest medical professionals I have ever encountered. I'll be honest, I was scared, and I'm so glad I found Dr. Stone. I could not have been in better hands.
Michael S. – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I had a good experience with Dr. Stone. He explained everything very well and set expectation. What I am not pleased about is how the insurance and paying for services. I paid 1200 on 3/5, because I had to in order to get services. Surgey was 3/18. My insurance paid everything except 176.00 which they were paid on 3/25. It is now 4/16 and I had to call for my refund which will now take 3 weeks. What????? I can send money to anyone and they will have it in minutes. Were is my interest??? I would refuse to pay anything upfront if you have insurance.
Daryl Brende – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I'm a competitive runner and after many many miles, developed a torn abdominal wall. My primary care dr referred me to Dr. Stone for my injury. My main concern was not being able to get back to the starting line. Dr. Stone assured me that I would be ok. We opted for the surgery, to repair my tear, and I was on the start line for the New York Marathon within four months. I can't thank him enough.
Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I had a hernia that was surgically repaired by Dr. Stone. His deep level of experience and knowledge helped put me at ease and I am truly grateful for a very successful surgery. Recovery was quicker than I expected. I was up and moving around pretty well by day 4. Again, many thanks Dr. Stone.
Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I'm grateful with Dr. Stone, he and his staff took care of me during the process of my surgery. He removed with success a parathyroid nodule. I recommend him to anyone who need to go through a similar situation.
Martha C. – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
He presented the information that allowed me to make the best decision for me. I felt I was in good hands and my recovery has been no issues. I would highly recommend Dr Stone.
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
This is the 3rd surgery Dr. Stone has performed on our family. 2 Gallbladders & a bilateral hernia. We felt well informed & comfortable before, during and after procedure. Dr. Stone will be my first phone call, if ever needed again.
Bob – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
My medical issues required the services of both a Urologist and a General Surgeon. After my visit with the Urologist, he referred me to Dr. Ramsey Stone. I was particularly impressed by Dr. Stone's training and interest in medical technology. As it turned out, both doctors agreed to work as a team, one after the other, using the same robotic equipment to resolve my urological and hernia problems. Dr. Stone reviewed the surgery plan with me and discussed how both doctors would proceed. He visited with both my wife and I just prior to the procedure which gave us both comfort. All went well and I was released at the end of the day. Things are healing up nicely and I feel like one lucky guy to have found Dr. Stone. In addition, his staff was friendly and efficient. They called me a day or two after my release to be sure all was going as planned. I will continue to use Dr. Stone for any issue requiring general surgery and strongly recommend him to others.
George Harvey – Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone did excellent work removing two cysts. He was professional, friendly and explained what options he would take, as one of my cysts was quite large. Dr. Stone prayed with me prior to surgery that God would guide his hands. Surgery went well and I had no post-op problems. Pre-op RNs were professional and made sure I was comfortable. Pre-op medications along with Exparel during surgery resulted in very little post-op pain. Anesthesiologist Dr Sammon did a great job as well.
M. Friesen – Dec 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I was referred to Dr Stone by my primary physician for gall bladder surgery after a recent checkup. The pre-op appointment was very informative and the staff was very helpful. Pre admission communication was complete making admission the day of surgery easy. Surgery was done and I was released and sent home the same day with no complications or unexpected post surgery issues. At the followup appointment I was given and clean bill of health and I feel great.
Randy A Carlson – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
We used Dr Stone for Hubs Robotic incisional abdominal hernia - it went great - short recovery time - Dr Stone explained everything to us - his staff was wonderful to work with - would highly recommend Dr Stone - he really cares about his patients!!!
cathy crowder – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
I was first referred to Dr. Stone by My primary care doctor after an injury. The following day I was given another referral to him by my Fire Chief. The same day I was referred to him by my physical therapist. There was not any communication between these three professionals who I respect and trust. Dr. Stone and his staff exceeded all of my expectations. They are extremely professional and truly caring. One area where he and his staff excel, is with communication. Throughout all steps of the process,[diagnosis, procedure to be preformed, pre-op, post op, and recovery] Dr. Stone and his staff spent ample time with me and kept me thoroughly informed. Dr. Stone visited with me and my family prior to going in for operation. I was very nervous that day but after he came to see me and prayed for me with my family, I felt safe and comforted. The operation went flawlessly. The staff continued to follow up with me multiple times the weeks after the surgery to ensure I was doing ok.
B. Patrick – Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone is an excellent surgeon and physician and a truly caring person. During office visits he gave me his full attention and answered all questions patiently and thoroughly. I never felt rushed. His staff is competent and friendly as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Stone to anyone needing a general surgeon.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone performed my hernia surgery a month ago and the process from start to finish was great! He is not just an excellent surgeon, but the nicest person you would ever meet. In appointments he took time to thoroughly explain everything and also to thoroughly answer questions. At surgery he explained the procedure and put all worries to rest. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best care they could ever get! Also, his office staff is fantastic!
Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone recently performed hernia surgery on me. The entire process from diagnosis, Q&A, insurance work, scheduling and the procedure itself was top notch. Excellent education, experience and skill set resulted in a great outcome for me. I highly recommend.
Howard Smith – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?
Dr. Stone and his staff are caring, friendly and helpful regarding any surgery that is needed. I will recommend him to anyone needing surgery.
Pamela C. – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramsey Stone, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Stone?

I would like to take a chance to introduce myself and to explain what your experience under my care may look like. I am not your typical surgeon. I do...Read more

I am a general surgeon that takes my role in your life seriously. Having surgery is a scary, challenging experience. I do not take that lightly. I...Read more

• General Surgery