Dr. Ramona Andrei, MD

Dr. Ramona Andrei, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Ramona Andrei, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Lapeer, MI and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Targu Mures University of Medicine & Pharmacy and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, obstetric & gynecologic surgery, and more.Read her story

1254 N Main St

Lapeer, MI 48446

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • CareSource
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Andrei

See how frequently Dr. Andrei performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Pelvic Pain
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Andrei's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Andrei's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Andrei "Dr Andrei founded the practice and has enjoyed caring for many wonderful patients through the years, with a special interest in gynecology and minimally invasive surgery. She is interested in state of the art technology and performs laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomies at McLaren Lapeer Region, McLaren Flint Hospital, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center and Beaumont-Troy Hospital. She is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr Andrei attended University of Medicine in Romania for her both undergraduate and graduate degrees. There, she worked as Faculty Physician teaching students, while she acquired her PhD Diploma. She graduated with high honors and received multiple awards. Dr. Andrei completed her Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. She strives to create a personal and fulfilling relationship with each of her patients. Dr. Andrei is married, has one daughter and enjoys traveling and cooking."

This content was provided by Dr. Andrei "Lapeer Women's Health provides a comprehensive array of gynecologic services.

The principle that governs how we practice medicine is trust. We value our relationships with our patients and will take time to listen to individual needs and concerns. Our goal is to deliver an excellent level of care, service and satisfaction in a comfortable and caring environment."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University of Medicine and Pharmacy Tirgu-Mures
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Targu Mures University of Medicine & Pharmacy
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Andrei has no media or publications listed.

• Romanian

Dr. Andrei does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Andrei and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Andrei's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Andrei to family and friends

Dr. Andrei's Performance

My name is Violet, I had to get surgery because I had a tumor in my uterus and I was so scared if I was going to find the right doctor or not. I found Dr.Andrei and I was so happy. My experience with her couldn’t of been better. I’m thankful I was in good & caring hands. She is amazing at what she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Exceptional care, plus utmost respect and compassion.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Andrei has been my gynecologist for over four years in the Lapeer office. My experience has been very positive; she listens well, offers relevant medical suggestions pertaining to my well being, prescribes what is necessary, and possesses a very positive, professional demeanor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Horrible doctor! would not listen to one word I said, when I was trying to tell her my symptoms she just talked over me. I have been diagnosed with pcos and was there to get help with this disease and she decided by looking at me that I dont have it, refusing to even look at my test results and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Dear Patient, I am striving to provide my patients with the best care. I took time to understand your concerns and recommend the care plan that I think will benefit you the most. Being the first appointment for you, I have to run tests in order to put a diagnostic and you did not have any with you. I recommended multiple options for your treatment and it is you to decide which one you want to follow.

I feel Dr. Andrei was pushing me to have a hysterectomy over the D&C I chose re: a relatively minor issue. There was absolutely no medical reason to recommend a hysterectomy. I nearly died b/c of complications related to BCP's she prescribed for me to start 7 days after the surgery. When I went...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Dear patient, I am sorry that we couldn't offer the level of service that you expected but we are striving to improve every day. My office uses Athena EMR and any medical record is stored properly and never disappears. Please contact dr Andrei with any questions about your recommended care plan and medical records. I would never ask a patient to agree on a procedure if the patient doesn't agree with the procedure.