Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 62

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD

Central Nervous System Center

11333 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 280 Scottsdale, AZ 85254 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Guillen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Guillen's conditions and procedures:

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Guillen accepts

Dr. Guillen accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Guillen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Guillen

3.1

Dr. Guillen

Was referred to him by another provider. His office staff took my information and then called me back saying they didn't have availability for 3 months for the frequency that he believes I need to be seen. I am currently seen monthly by my current provider which is working well, so I ask to be wait-listed. They then transfer me over to another office staff member who says the same, but when I tell them it's no problem for me to wait, THEN they decide to change it to it's because he doesn't think he is qualified enough for the level of care he thinks I need. Excuse me? He hasn't even seen me for a consultation nor reviewed any medical records to make that kind of determination. There are so many other low reviews for his practice that I wouldn't even bother contacting him for a consultation.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
JT – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?
As a mental health professional for over 20 years, I would never recommend this MD to provide an accurate assessment of need and appropriateness for treatment or to provide appropriate care (he doesn't seem to care, period, based on my experience). He had sized me up and made a decision about my status before meeting me. He disregarded factual, logical information and current issues. He, frankly, appears to lack confidence in treating people with complex issues and certainly doesn't understand that mental health and physical health are intimately related. I felt judged, misunderstood and totally disregarded.
Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?
I saw Dr. Guillen for anxiety and was extremely unsatisfied with my visit. He was 20 minutes late to the appointment, and still cut me off early. & I didn’t feel that he really cared to listen to me and what I was saying at all. I told him the previous medications I had tried and he tried to tell me that those were great medications and he didn’t know what my issue was... I will not be returning to his practice.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
user7294900283 – Aug 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?
Dr. R. Guillen is the first psychiatrist that has genuinely helped myself and other members of my family to manage sometimes debilitating depression and anxiety. He takes an extraordinary amount of time with his patients to truly understand their circumstances and symptoms. His treatment plan has truly made my life so much better! I’m very grateful!
Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?
I wish I would have read his reviews before going to see him. On my first visit I thought went well he asked a few questions and quickly said I had depression and some bi polar issues. The things he was saying made sense. He gave me a prescription and off I went. 2nd visit was the complete opposite. He didn't even seem to remember that I met with him. He didn't know why I was seeing him. All he could do is read what little notes he had taken as he said he didn't do the dictation for my visit. Huh? I told him I was still having issues and he told me I was just fine but upped the dosage. Which to me means he knows I am not fine. Then he proceeded to send me to have blood work done. Um, if I need blood work why did you wait till the second visit? He didn't like being questioned. Then when I asked (several times) to get my records he kept telling me that the dictation was not done (this 6 weeks later) and he would get them to me when he wants to. I explained why I needed them and his r
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?
Dr. Guillen is a wonderful doctor and psychiatrist! I visited multiple psychiatrists prior to him and they were terrible experiences. I had given up on hopes of having a good psychiatrist until I found him. The office is clean, the staff are friendly and extremely helpful, and he's rarely running behind schedule. I am typically seen early which is very rare for a doctors office. I have been seeing him for a year now and have zero complaints
Valerie in Phoenix, AZ – Dec 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?
The doctor prescribed inappropriate medications due to a lack of mental evaluation at the start of providing services.
  • Appointment was rushed
Sarah L. in Scottsdale, AZ – Apr 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ramiro Guillen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Guillen?