Dr. Ramin Sorkhi, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Ramin Sorkhi, MD
Dr. Ramin Sorkhi, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Escondido, CA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Sorkhi is affiliated with Tri - City Medical Center.

Dr. Sorkhi's Care Philosophy

Dr. Ramin Sorkhi is a board certified surgeon specializing in minimally invasive laparoscopic abdominal surgery. Dr. Sorkhi received his medical degree from the Medical School at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences in 1991, and also served his rotating internship at the University's various sciences hospitals. He served his partial residency in General Surgery at Mafraq Hospital, U.A.E.; the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow, United Kingdom; then completed his residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, where he was also a Chief Resident. In 2008 he completed an accredited fellowship in advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery at Sinai Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. To make an appointment with Dr. Sorkhi please call (760) 291-6979.

Dr. Sorkhi's Experience

See how Dr. Sorkhi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sorkhi

Dr. Sorkhi accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Sorkhi is now accepting new patients
Escondido Office225 E 2nd Ave
Escondido, CA 92025
(760) 291-6979Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sorkhi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sorkhi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sorkhi to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Sorkhi's Performance
in Escondido |
I was referred to Dr. Sorkhi for surgery to remove a Malignant Mass at the base of my Colon. He is a wonderful, caring and highly recommended dr. Surgery went well and I healed and recovered very quickly. Was also seen by him for a second surgery for the insertion of a Port a Cath for Chemotherapy treatments. That surgery went well and was done as an outpatient through the hospital. Thanks to all his staff who were also very helpful and caring.
Oceanside, CA |
I had bariatric surgery with Dr. Sorkhi in early July and my experience throughout the process was great. When I first met Dr. Sorkhi in January, he clearly explained the full process and all the pre-op steps. His nurse Margarita was extremely helpful and she did a great job keeping me updated. Making appointments with his office was better than most. I highly recommend Dr. Sorkhi and his office.
Temecula, CA |
I was so appalled by how he treated his patients & how incompetent his office staff was. Sorkhi was condescending & insensitive. If you've been referred to him for bariatric surgery, RUN! Now I see that Sorkhi ordered many bogus pre-op tests, costing me over $1K & needlessly exposing me to excessive radiation. His staff consistently messed up, misinforming me numerous times. He offers no real pre/post-op education/support. He doesn't welcome questions and is not operating under current standards
San Jose, CA |
Horrible patient care. Truly unbelievable. Will slice you open but after that your on your own, no after care to speak of. Even the surgery center staff was appalled when they called and found out that the doctor did not provide correct after care instructions and that I had no immediate follow up.
in San Marcos, CA |
Dr. Sorkhi literally saved my life, not once, not twice, but three times in the last year. He performed my bi-lateral mastectomy in 2016, followed by a sigmoid colectomy and hernia repair in 2017 and was immediately there by my side to perform an emergency gall bladder removal a couple weeks later. Trust me, if you need a good general surgeon, he is everything and more! My life is forever improved by his surgical expertise and I would highly recommend him! His office staff is exceptional!
Anaheim, CA |
Dr sorkhi skill and knowledge are exceptional. He saved my dad's life. We are forever grateful.
San Marcos, CA |
Dr. Sorkhi is very matter of fact and to the point. He is not warm and friendly but does seem very professional and competent. I found my post surgery appointment too rushed as he zipped in and out but his nurse Margarita takes his score of 4 up to a 5. She is compassionate and competent.
in Escondido, CA |
We can't say enough good things about Dr. Sorkhi and his staff. This was serious abdominal surgery and he kept us completely informed of the procedures at every step of the process. All of our questions were answered in detail every time we met with him and his answers and explanations were always technical and precise. His staff is likewise very patient-focused, professional and reassuring. The larger community is lucky to have a medical resource of this caliber.
in Ramona, CA |
I had a difficult inguinal, sliding hernia repair needed. Dr. Sorkhi was able to satisfactorily repair the hernia through laparoscopic procedure. I haven't felt this good in over 6 years. Excellent work and staff!
Escondido, CA |
Thank you Dr. Sorkhi! It all began with a mysterious pain in my abdomen that sent me to the ER. Thank you for the expert care that I received from you and your staff! I have no doubt that you saved my life. I just had my post op and I feel great! Thank you for taking the time to let me know exactly what was going on every step of the way. I would definitely recommend you to others.
in Escondido, CA |
I had a bilateral inguinal hernia that Dr. Sorkhi repaired. Everything went very well and I feel great now that it is fixed. I would definitely recommend Dr. Sorkhi, he did an awesome job on me and was helpful through all stages of the process. The office staff was kind, always answered the phone promptly and made sure that everything was going smoothly.
in Escondido, CA |
Exceptional Doctor. Very professional and respectful. The Doctor, nurses and office staff very kind and caring. I'm very pleased with my procedure on how well and little pain I felt.
in Fallbrook , CA |
He answered all my questions and he even rechecked an area that I was having issues with that he wasn't responsible for. Great guy!
in Fallbrook, CA |
Dr. Sorkhi did an excellent job on my surgery and, although I hope I will never need another operation, if I did, I would definitely go to Dr. Sorkhi.
in San Marcos, CA |
I just completed my very first surgery (Umbilical Hernia Repair Laparoscopic) Dr. Sorkhi was awesome!!! He is a very gifted surgeon with a pleasant demeanor. I would highly recommend Dr. Sorkhi for anyone considering hernia repair. He works out of the Rancho Bernardo Surgery Center, which was very convenient for our family. Thank you again Dr. Sorkhi G.K.
in Carlsbad, CA |
I felt comfortable choosing Dr. Sorkhi as my surgeon when I recently has some abdominal surgery. Very caring and very smart. His staff treated me very well and got me through all the insurance and scheduling stuff that goes with doctor visits.
in Oceanside, CA |
I have been a Registered Nurse for 16 years.I had laparoscopic umbilical hernia surgery by Dr. Sorkhi, on July 5, 2016.From my first meeting with Dr. Sorkhi at his office to the post operation appointment, he did not leave the room until all my questions were answered.He was accomodating, knowledgeable, and informative. I told him that I do not deal with pain well.Subsequently, on the day of my surgery, Dr. Sorkhi, made sure I had gen. anesthesia and a pain block.He is an excellent surgeon.
He is straight to the point, not chatty & got my umbilical surgery scheduled & done quickly and efficiently.
in Carlsbad, CA |
I am impressed with the work he did. The last and only time I had surgery was about 25 years ago(47 now) and was very nervous. He has a calm approach and was reassuring. That really helped. I actually recommended him to my dentist this afternoon. I have total faith in his skills and knowledge. Also, the people at Rancho Bernardo Surgery Center really impressed me as well. It's bad enough that you are there and saw to it that I was comfortable and as enlightened as could be!
Have you seen Dr. Ramin Sorkhi, MD?
Are you Dr. Sorkhi?

Compare Dr. Sorkhi

Dr. Sorkhi's Care Philosophy

To make an appointment with Dr. Sorkhi please call (760) 291-6979.

Dr. Sorkhi says...

Dr. Sorkhi is board certified by the American Board of Surgery. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, and a Member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.

Dr. Sorkhi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Sorkhi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sorkhi's Board Certifications

• Umbilical Hernia
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Ventral Hernia

Pahlavi University / School of Medicine (Shiraz University)

Graduated in 1991

Mafraq Hosp

Completed in 2001

Sinai Northwest Hospital

Completed in 2008

Dr. Sorkhi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sorkhi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Abdominal Surgery
  • Anoscopy With Removal of Anal Tumor
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Non-Invasive Treatment of Fibroids
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Post Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration