Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD

Dr. Lutfi
Telehealth services available

Chicago Institute of Advanced Surgery

331 W Surf St Ste 5100 Chicago, IL 60657

Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD is a Bariatric Surgery Specialist in Chicago, IL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center and Mercy Hospital And Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lutfi to book an appointment.

Compare with other Bariatric Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Lutfi with our nearby Bariatric Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Memorial Hospital today at (312) 620-1271.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Lutfi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lutfi

Dr. Lutfi?
Dr. Lutfi is an outstanding bariatric surgeon. His extraordinary work in resolving my chronic small bowel obstructions produced by adhesions from previous surgeries really changed my life. I cannot recommend him more highly. He is a compassionate, consummate professional with remarkable skills.
Bruce Evensen – Jun 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Dr Lutfi and his entire team are WONDERFUL! A surgical procedure is never pleasant but I can honestly say this was the most pain free and easiest recovery EVER. Everyone there is attentive make you feel at ease.
Kimberly Carter – Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Dr. Lutfi and his team are simply amazing!!!! I had the sleeve gastrectomy in April of 2018. I successfully lost 96 pounds. From my initial consultation to post surgery appointments, to my one year surgery anniversary and beyond, Dr. Lutfi and his team have been professional and supportive throughout my weight loss journey. I appreciate the thoroughness and follow-up from the entire team. All of my questions/concerns were always addressed with care and compassion. I felt comfortable and very well supported during every stage of my journey. Dr. Lutfi is fiercely knowledgeable, scholarly, cutting edge, a leader in the bariatric field, and passionate about raising awareness about the obesity epidemic. I whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Lutfi and his team. Thank you for changing my life!
T. G. Jackson – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Dr. Lutfi and his team are amazing—they’ve gone above and beyond my expectations. After the surgery, Dr. Veilleux (fellow) AND Dr. Lufti separately came in to see me at night. Their office team, especially Molly, are top-notch. My PCP suggested Dr. Lutfi, and I’m so glad he did. If you are looking to have bariatric surgery (I had a VSG), go see Dr. Lutfi.
Chuck BV – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Every staff member from receptionist to Dr. Lutfi was very engaging!! I felt comfortable and in good hands!! Dr. Lutfi was warm and friendly!! Made me feel like my concerns were his concerns.
Carolyn Thomas – Nov 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Excellent pre-op preparation: I went into surgery with no worries. Recovery was exactly as described. It was relatively pain free, and I've been successful losing weight. I've lost >160 lbs so far (after about 1 year from the initial consult; 9 months since surgery). I feel so much better and am grateful to him and his staff.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Both Dr.lutfi and his staff have an amazing bedside manner. He really makes you feel like you've known him all your life. Really a great Dr. And has a great staff.
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Dr. Lutfi performed my Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in May of 2018. It’s now been nearly 8 months since my surgery and I’ve had no complications or set-backs. In fact, since beginning my weight loss journey, I’ve lost a total of 233 lbs. (151 lbs. since surgery). Dr. Lutfi and his staff have always been willing to take the time to address my concerns and answer my questions. For anyone out there considering bariatric surgery, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lutfi.
Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
I had a great experience. I always feel very comfortable in the office talking to the team
Patricia C in Hanmond, IL – Nov 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Not only a wonderful surgeon but a wonderful man, that is Dr. Lutfi. His talent and sense of caring are unsurpassed.
Chicago, IL – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Dr. Lutfi and his team are amazing. They listen to all your thoughts and concerns and addresses each one to put your mind at ease but also not pushing you into anything and letting the patient make their own decisions. Dr. Lutfi is a great surgeon and doctor and his team helps make this a successful place to have bariatric surgery.
AV in Portage – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Wonderful surgeon - taking great care of my father and no one else I would trust
Oct 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Dr. Lutfi is an excellent surgeon. His is very skilled and thorough. He and his team guide you through every step of your bariatric journey and make sure no question goes unanswered and allays any fears or doubts. I had no pain after my surgery and was on my feet hours afterward. I've seen amazing results in a short period of time, and I couldn't have done it without the assistance of his team. And the care doesn't stop with surgery. They guide you through life after, too.
Dave W. in Chicago, IL – Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
De Lufti is a very professional and knowledgeable Dr. came highly recommended by my General Dr. and i am not disappointed. I would recommend him to anyone who’s interested improving their quality of life. He is one of the best in his feild.
Chicago – Apr 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Good process, Good introduction of team. Didn't spend much time with Dr. Lutfi but he was resourceful and seems approachable. Not a lot of availability for appointments and referrals.
JZ – Apr 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
im very happy with today's visit. everyone was so helpful in getting me the help I need. thankyou
laura vega in elgin – Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
I was so afraid to have surgery but after walking in and meeting dr lutfi i was ready.... He is very knowledgeable about weight loss and a great personality you will feel at ease in knowing you choose the right doctor
Eulahleh Williams in CHICAGO – Apr 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Very good Surgeon, he explains everything with details
Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
Superb doctor, he took his time to explain how the gastric procedure is done. Looking forward to work with the dietitian to start a healthier lifestyle.
Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?
We had an appointment at 1:45PM and as a potential new patient we arrived early. We sat in the waiting room until 2:55PM. We were then escorted to a patient room where we waited until 3:20PM. We left without seeing the doctor as we took time out of our work schedule to see the doctor. The office staff never apologized and the doctor was on his cellphone talking when we left. A patient might not be a doctor but their time is as important and should be treated as such.
Niles, IL – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Lutfi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lutfi?

"My practice philosophy is to emphasize and exhaust all non-surgical treatment options before considering surgery. When surgery is necessary, we utilize the latest technological advances and minimally invasive surgery to assure patients are receiving...Read more

• Bariatric Surgery

University of Illinois Hospital

• Arabic
  • French

• Resident Achievement Award; University of Illinois at Chicago, 2003
  • SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons) Best Laparoscopic Fellows oral presentation, 2004
  • SAGES Research Grant Award; “Acid Clearance Physiology after Collis-Nissen Gastroplasty, Nissen Fundoplication, and In Healthy Individuals.”, 2005
  • Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons (SLS) Scholarship Award, 2004
  • Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons (SLS) Scholarship Award, 2003

• Predictors of success after laparoscopic gastric bypass: a multivariate analysis of socioeconomic factors, 6/ 2006
  • Heller Myotomy versus Heller Myotomy with Dor Fundoplication for Achalasia: a Prospective Randomized Double-blind Clinical Trial, Sept 2004
  • The Endoscopic Radiofrequency Approach to Management of GERD, June 2004
  • Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: Comparison of two techniques of gastrointestinal anastomosis, May 2005
  • Heller myotomy vs Heller myotomy plus Dor fundoplication: cost-utility analysis of a randomized trial, March 2006
  • Endoscopic evaluation of the gastrojejunostomy in laparoscopic gastric bypass A series of 340 patients without postoperative leak, Dec 2005
  • Predictors of early quality-of-life improvement after laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery, April 2007
  • Current Treatment of Achalsia, 2005
  • Endoscopic Treatment Modalities for Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Sept 2004
  • Laparoscopic lysis of adhesions, 2004
  • The Stretta Procedure, 2004
  • Three years experience doing the Stretta procedure; does it really make a difference?, Feb 2005
  • Resolution of metabolic syndrome after gastric bypass surgery: Multivariate analysis, May 2005
  • Is Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery the Most Effective Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Morbidly Obese Patients?, Nov 2005
  • NBC Better Health PodCast with Dr. Sandy Goldberg, 2/18/2008