Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Dr. Elshaar

Rochester Regional Health

77 Sullys Trl Pittsford, NY 14534

Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Pittsford, NY. He is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Elshaar to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Elshaar is affiliated with Rochester General Hospital Rochester, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscus Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery

Dr. Elshaar accepts

Dr. Elshaar accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
MVP Health Care

Dr. Elshaar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Elshaar

Dr. Elshaar?
  • Explained conditions well (22)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (22)
  • Appointment scheduling (21)
    I visited Dr. Elshaar after injuring my shoulder three and a half years ago. The thoroughness that he and his staff used to determine the next step was appreciated. I had already self advocated with physical therapy, exercise, and rest. He took all of this into account and sent me for an MRI. He explained everything before my surgery, he completely explained all that he had done during the surgery and listened to concerns I had and answered all questions. He had to work very hard to repair torn tendons, a shredded bicep and other issues in the shoulder. His professionalism and that of his staff was appreciated.
    Heather – Jan 24, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    I went to Dr. El-Shaar for a injury to my left hip. This injury happened a few years ago, the previous Dr. I was seeing told me I was fine. I went for second opinion and Dr. El-Shaar took the time to listen to me in regards of my pain. He took steps that the previous Dr. failed to do. I had a successful surgery in March 2020. The staff in this office are also great, Michelle at the front desk was so sweet!! I would recommend this office because I was more than a patient, I was treated as a person.
    Tangela Brown – Jan 09, 2021
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    From the secretary Michelle to all of the staff they were amazing! Dr. Elshaar took care of me very well. After 3 years of pain and cortisone injections he recommended we did surgery. and honestly it has helped so much! I’ve returned to having a normal life, he was there for every question I had and walked me through the procedure. His staff called the day after surgery to check up on me. I highly recommend him and everyone in the office! Thank you so much for giving me my life back.
    Rachael Fuller – Dec 17, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshaar did total shoulder replacement surgey in Oct 2020. After seeing the ct scan, he prepared to do either a reverse or a total replacement surgery. I appreciate he was prepared to do either once he got in the operating room & saw what my shoulder looked like. I also appreciate the personal attention Dr. Elshaar provided throughout my pre & post operative visits. He personally returned calls & genuinely listened to my concerns & questions, and responded quickly & personally to phone calls. He also answered all my husband's questions completely. His office personnel are professional & polite. I've had a remarkably smooth surgical recovery, and am very pleased with the results.
    Cathleen A. Kanaley – Dec 02, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr Elshaar and his staff are top notch people and i would highly recommend them to take care of your needs.
    JW – Jul 19, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    For what seemed to be forever I had been experiencing the worst pain in my life. This includes pain from a crushed pelvis while in the US Navy and a very long rehabilitative period afterward. The pain was bone on bone in my right shoulder. It affected everything, everyday. I could do nothing worthwhile or productive. I met Dr. Elshaar and I was immediately reassured that the pain, after surgery, would be gone forever. Soon after, on 1/7/2020, it was done. Just like he said, the pain vanished. I have a degree in Biology and an MS in Science Education. His explanations were clear and useful. He was compassionate, clearly interested in helping me (or you?) and down to earth. Why would I ever go to anyone else? He is a healer of men, women and children. As you can see I would trust him completely to repair my aging bones. I will be 79 in a couple of months. It is now 7/8/20. I can do virtually everything again with minimal caution, like not lifting weights. Duh, really?
    garrett phelan – Jul 09, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr Elshaar is treating me for shoulder pain. He and the office staff are all very pleasant. I would definitely refer anyone looking an orthopedic provider to him.
    William Woloszyn – Jun 30, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshaar is very thorough and compassionate. He takes time to listen and discuss all options.
    sharon davies – Jun 24, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    I was new to the Rochester area, I found out I had a torn rotator cuff. Not knowing who I should see, I was referred to Dr. Elshaar. On my first visit, I was made very comfortable by the check-in staff, front desk staff and the nurse. I met Dr. Elshaar, he explained everything thoroughly, and easy to understand. With that said, I scheduled the surgery. Everything went according to plan as he explained it to me. I had the surgery on 11/1/19. All went fantastic, as well as all the follow up visits. I was just cleared by Dr. Elshaar on 6/18/20 to resume full activities. If I ever needed any orthopedic help in the future, I would go back to Dr. Elshaar. Also, I would like to say what a wonder person Michelle is, who always made me feel welcome when I came in, and always a pleasure to see when I left. Thank you all for everything.
    Chuck Zinger – Jun 20, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr El-Shaar was amazing. He took the time to listen to my concerns and made me feel at ease about the surgery. My shoulder healed exceptionally well and I had full mobility in a short amount of time. My case was federal workers comp and his office had no issues taking it on despite the mountain of paperwork that came along with it.
    Philip Smith – Jun 17, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Rami Elshaar examined me in early February of 2020 and diagnosed a complete tear of my right rotator cuff with detached upper bicep ligament. He advised arthroscopic surgery and performed such on February 13th. Through the whole process that day from admission, to pre-op, surgery, and recovery, I felt rather relaxed and at ease. Dr. Elshaar and his whole team treated me with the utmost care and respect. The operation was successful, as I am well on the way to a complete recovery of my right shoulder. I would definitely recommend Dr. Elshaar and his team to anyone indeed of shoulder surgery!
    Glenn Spiroff – May 15, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    From start to finish all around needed but great experience.Took great care of me and my situation, so much so will be having my other shoulder done as well. Amazing staff as well. Thank you Dr.Elsharr.
    Miguel Roldan – May 05, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshaar is a great surgeon! I came in to see him end of December of 2019 from recommendations of another Doctor and would never look back. At my first appointment he took the time in discussing my needs and feelings as well as discussing the means of care. January 21st I had knee surgery and ever since that day I have been pain free for the first time in 4 years(And I only just turned 20!) He is a great surgeon and I will continue to recommend him to fellow family members and friends.
    Katherine Seiffer – Apr 27, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    I can't say enough great things about Dr. Elshaar. I had a torn bicep tendon which obviously needed repair. I was worried and concerned about getting use of my arm back. He took his time with my consults and followups, explained everything to me and did a fantastic job with the surgery- I'm back to full movement and use. He has been involved with my progress every step of the way- even the follow through with PT. His staff is very friendly and their commitment to their patients is second to none. I had some other challenges due to work travel requirements, which Dr. Elshaar was sympathetic to and helped me find solutions. I highly recommend this practice.
    Bob Walts – Mar 17, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Competent, caring, excellent surgeon!
    Feb 24, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshar did surgery to repair my rotator cuff and bicep tendon. I am so pleased not only with the outcome of the surgery but how he treated me personally. He was concerned about me as a person. Because I had such difficulty sleeping post op every visit with him he checked to see if I was sleeping better. He was always respectful, took as much time as I needed and made sure I had no further questions.
    Kathy DeVries – Jan 25, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshaar is wonderful, friendly, listens, takes his time with his patients and nothing but terrific things to say about Dr. Elshaar. I think he made all the difference in the world in my successful recovery.
    Sheila Cooney – Jan 16, 2020
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    My shoulder surgery with Dr Elshaar got a little more complicated once in there which was explained could happen. Cadaver meat was put in place as a cushion on my shoulder. I have no pain while sleeping anymore. I am very glad to have had Dr.Elshaar do my surgery and will recommend him to anyone. He is a class act surgeon
    Richard Starwald – Nov 04, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshaar, was awesome. Took the time to listen to my problem, worked with me in getting my shoulder back to normal. The staff and office was unbelievable, so friendly. I started out at a new Doctor’s office and left with new friends.
    Dennis A Hildebrand – Oct 31, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?
    Dr. Elshaar did rotator cuff surgery and bicep repair on my right shoulder. I was in a lot of pain prior to the surgery and the surgery was a great success from my perspective. Dr. Elshaar put me at ease from my first meeting with him, explaining both my condition and what needed to be done to correct it, as well as his own knowledge and experience so that I had confidence in selecting him to do my surgery. His staff are all so friendly and comfortable to be with, while at the same time, maintaining professionalism! It has been a pleasure to be treated by Dr. Elshaar and his staff - I highly recommend them!
    Peggy Mabb – Sep 29, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rami Elshaar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Elshaar?

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine